or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll get what this is all about.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll get what this is all about. - Page 68

post #1006 of 3532
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris2012 View Post

Is it possible get a tailor to add belt loops to trousers?

Yes. I had this done to a RL Black Label suit that had no belt loops. The fabric from the unhemmed trousers was enough to create the loops.
post #1007 of 3532

FAO the fragrance fans, Luca Turin has just started a blog focused on niche fragrances: https://perfumesilove.wordpress.com/2016/04/03/mission-statement/

post #1008 of 3532
This thread was once such stuff as dreams were made on.

Now it is rounded by a little sleep.
post #1009 of 3532
Courtesy of Mrs GF I have discovered that Eucalyptus oil is a fantastic stain remover. Now I will quietly return to my slumbers.
post #1010 of 3532
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ernesto View Post

This thread was once such stuff as dreams were made on.

Now it is rounded by a little sleep.

The sequel is never as good as the original.

(Except for Terminator 2.)
post #1011 of 3532
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Paisley View Post

The sequel is never as good as the original.

(Except for Terminator 2.)

Godfather 2
post #1012 of 3532
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ernesto View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Paisley View Post

The sequel is never as good as the original.

(Except for Terminator 2.)

Godfather 2
Police Academy MMCCXCVII.
post #1013 of 3532
Babe: Pig In The City
post #1014 of 3532
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Paisley View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ernesto View Post

This thread was once such stuff as dreams were made on.

Now it is rounded by a little sleep.

The sequel is never as good as the original.
Ripped Jeans

{sigh}
post #1015 of 3532
Gents , what's your thoughts on belstaff trailmaster/ roadmaster? I plan to wear it over a suit occasionally. Quite expensive jacket.
Trailmaster aka tourist trophy is the heavy 10oz fabric with removable d3o armour & removeable vest . roadmaster is the fashion line with 6oz fabric. Which would be a better choice? Also colour wise would you pick olive green or mahagony brown? FYI I have a Barbour in olive green. Thanks in advance for your contributions.
post #1016 of 3532
Quote:
Originally Posted by md2010 View Post

Gents , what's your thoughts on belstaff trailmaster/ roadmaster? I plan to wear it over a suit occasionally. Quite expensive jacket.
Trailmaster aka tourist trophy is the heavy 10oz fabric with removable d3o armour & removeable vest . roadmaster is the fashion line with 6oz fabric. Which would be a better choice? Also colour wise would you pick olive green or mahagony brown? FYI I have a Barbour in olive green. Thanks in advance for your contributions.
If you like that sort of thing (I don't go duckshooting) I think that Sydney idiot PoP has something as good from an Oz place for 20% of the price.
post #1017 of 3532
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxh View Post


If you like that sort of thing (I don't go duckshooting) I think that Sydney idiot PoP has something as good from an Oz place for 20% of the price.

 

does this include Barbour, or just belstaff? Been eyeing a bedale for some time..

post #1018 of 3532
Quote:
Originally Posted by sliq View Post
 

 

does this include Barbour, or just belstaff? Been eyeing a bedale for some time..

 

Neither, it's an Australian brand called Burke and Wills. I think this is the one but @Prince of Paisley can correct me - http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Burke-and-Wills-Biker-Oilskin-Jacket-/290962120962

post #1019 of 3532
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxh View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by md2010 View Post

Gents , what's your thoughts on belstaff trailmaster/ roadmaster? I plan to wear it over a suit occasionally. Quite expensive jacket.
Trailmaster aka tourist trophy is the heavy 10oz fabric with removable d3o armour & removeable vest . roadmaster is the fashion line with 6oz fabric. Which would be a better choice? Also colour wise would you pick olive green or mahagony brown? FYI I have a Barbour in olive green. Thanks in advance for your contributions.
If you like that sort of thing (I don't go duckshooting) I think that Sydney idiot PoP has something as good from an Oz place for 20% of the price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Nelson View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sliq View Post

does this include Barbour, or just belstaff? Been eyeing a bedale for some time..

Neither, it's an Australian brand called Burke and Wills. I think this is the one but @Prince of Paisley can correct me - http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Burke-and-Wills-Biker-Oilskin-Jacket-/290962120962

Gerry is on the money - though I have the 'Settler' jacket, which is essentially the Biker jacket without the elbow and shoulder padding: http://www.australiangear.com/australian-clothing/burke-and-wills-the-settler-oilskin-coat.html. It also comes in brown not black.

Fit Pic (Click to show)

Personally I don't go much for wearing these type of jackets over suits though, they are casual jackets and look best with a chunky jumper and jeans or moleskins IMO. I'll wear a trench coat over a suit in the winter.

Likewise I wouldn't pay $900 or whatever a Belstaff costs these days for essentially a casual, functional coat, that you would only wear occasionally. But for $160 I can't fault the B&W jacket - it's waterproof and warmer than most Barbours - it's 12oz cotton canvas whereas Barbour's heaviest jackets are about 8oz I think. They are designed to fit over a jumper and allow ease of movement, so its not going to give you a 'fitted' look like a Belstaff, and they can be a tiny bit oily when new, though this will wear off pretty quickly - just make sure the oil doesn't rub off on your white jeans (not that anyone here would wear those...)
post #1020 of 3532
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll get what this is all about.