Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- FRIDAY CHALLENGE 26TH FEBRUARY 2016 BROWN TIE CHALLENGE (BTC) Last post on 3/2/16 at 4:36am in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:59 pm in Classic Menswear
- Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on 10/19/16 at 2:44am in Classic Menswear
- ISAIA NAPOLI - SUPER HUGE MEGATHREAD - Suits, Sport Coats, Jackets, Pants, Ties, Hangers &... Last post on 11/13/13 at 7:07am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- shirt/tie color suggestion for new jacket Last post on 10/29/12 at 1:41pm in Classic Menswear
Why the Four-in-hand is always better than the windsor knot
Last edited: 3/24/16
- What tie would work best with a medium-blue suit for a wedding?Last edited: 2/23/16
- What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?Last edited: 2/9/16
- What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?Last edited: 2/4/16
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016Last edited: 1/29/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
TEN TIES, FIVE JACKETS (10/5 THREAD): Fall-Winter Edition - Page 6post #76 of 2792/14/16 at 8:13pmpost #77 of 2792/15/16 at 1:03amQuote:Originally Posted by Mr. Six
The first icy mist of morning covered the land
With foggy, hazy, vague and blur memories of the Autumn
Where silence is deafening
And winter frost are chilly and deep.
Where vale of grief is lonely
And frost wind of mid winter looks cold and gray
And freshly fallen snow
Warms up the nostalgic memories.
Where imagination helps to add a tint and a shade of life
And show the color of miracles on the garden covered with snow
And springs the hope in our hearts and souls
To bring us a whisper of joy and a winter smile.
And all this takes us on the momentary trip
Of an emotional journey of life
Where we can hear the echo and sounds of silence
And a hand full of memories from the gray and frosty winter mist.
- Seema Chowdhury
Bonus suit fits
Extra bonus pocket squares
1. H&S Sherry (sherry tweed)
2. Cantarelli (wool maybe flannel?, unknown mill)
3. Drapers hopsack (wool)
4. Worsted Alsport
5. Hunt & Winterbotham (heavy flannel)
6. Moonbeam (wool)
7. Drapers (wool/cashmere)
8. P&H Glorious 12th (wool)
I'm impressed, jealous and pissed off at the same time. In several cases I have both the same ties and the same jackets, but they look better on you. Damn.post #78 of 2792/15/16 at 4:06ampost #79 of 2792/15/16 at 5:51am
Hi guys, nothing says 'Winter' like Challis
...with a faux tweed gunclub
Same tie, different colorway, + faux tweed
Ancient Madder neat, with a fully lined Fresco
Henry Carter wool
Full winter. Challis medallion + Johnstons of Elgin cashmere
Straight up wool solid tie, cashmere POW SC
Solid wool, HC again
Challis neat, Moonbeam herringbone
Cashmere- love this from Sam hober
Another HC tie- Challis medallion + birsdeye in Harrisons Thistle
wool neat by Panta
Paisley Ancient Madder with gunclub
Edited by Pliny - 2/23/16 at 4:10ampost #80 of 2792/15/16 at 5:59amQuote:Damnit! It really is a conspiracy. Patrizio is using all his weapons to force me to buy this tie (in multiple colorways)!Originally Posted by Pliny
Hi guys, nothing says 'Winter' like Challis
...with a faux tweed gunclub
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #81 of 2792/15/16 at 6:22amDudes,
Sorry for being late with my post. It's coming eventually, I promise. But since I have pics using two of the same fabrics that Six has jackets in, thought I would just post those now for a possibly interesting contrast. I'll choose different jackets for later 5 so there's more variety. Apologies as always for my lack of selfie skillz.post #82 of 2792/15/16 at 7:04amSome great fits and samples so far gentlemen, it's a hard act to follow here goes.
Loro Piana navy cashmere by Lengspoke
Scabal Shetland tweed by Adam Marrone Bespoke
London Lounge Shetland tweed by Bntailor
Delfino wool gun club by Bntailor
Breanish tweed by Bntailor
Vanda wool tie and Henry Carter wool challis.
Henry Carter wool challis and Drakes wool madder
Sam Hober wool challis and Vanda donegal wool tie.
Drakes cashmere and Faconnable wool tie.
Henry Carter wool challis and Drakes cashmere tie
Drakes and Rubanacci PS
Edited by tchoy - 2/15/16 at 7:18ampost #83 of 2792/15/16 at 7:17ampost #84 of 2792/15/16 at 7:37amThread Starter
You've set the bar high as have the previous posters. Lots of inspiration (and Unbel, looking forward to more).
We're a little low on NE and European representatives, so a few more will show up soon while I'm still curating and we wait for the kick-off posters to complete their posts.
Gents: andpost #85 of 2792/15/16 at 7:24pmQuote:
Thanks to you both, but my vote would go to UC.
@DiplomaticTies Thanks and sorry!
tchoy and unbel looking good! I'm enjoying the diversity.
Edited by Mr. Six - 2/15/16 at 11:41pmpost #86 of 2792/16/16 at 8:23amThread Starter
About 50% of the kick off posters have posted. I've invited a few others to buttress regional representation, but stay tuned.
Lots to reflect on in the very excellent gallery. Thanks to everyone thus far.
Kick-off posters are certainly invited to add bonus shots if and whenever they wish. If certain suits seem appropriate for their subsequent posts, that's fine (see below).
Looking forward to
To cover the NE a bit better, I've asked @poorsod to post and a few others to be announced later once I confirm.post #87 of 2792/16/16 at 8:42ampost #88 of 2792/17/16 at 7:49pmpost #89 of 2792/17/16 at 7:59pmThread Starterpost #90 of 2792/17/16 at 8:07pm
- What tie would work best with a medium-blue suit for a wedding?
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 3 seconds ago
- › Mister Freedom x Sugarcane NOS Chambray Green 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › + DRIES VAN NOTEN + 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 4 minutes ago
- › Video Games 5 minutes ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 5 minutes ago
- › Shoemaking Techniques and Traditions--"...these foolish things..." 13 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 14 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...