This looks pretty lean with a relatively strong shoulder. Do you think Zizolfi is closer to the Blasi school or just a variant of the Attolini school?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- FRIDAY CHALLENGE 26TH FEBRUARY 2016 BROWN TIE CHALLENGE (BTC) Last post on 3/2/16 at 4:36am in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:59 am in Classic Menswear
- Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on 10/19/16 at 2:44am in Classic Menswear
- ISAIA NAPOLI - SUPER HUGE MEGATHREAD - Suits, Sport Coats, Jackets, Pants, Ties, Hangers &... Last post on 11/13/13 at 7:07am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- shirt/tie color suggestion for new jacket Last post on 10/29/12 at 1:41pm in Classic Menswear
Why the Four-in-hand is always better than the windsor knot
Last edited: 3/24/16
- What tie would work best with a medium-blue suit for a wedding?Last edited: 2/23/16
- What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?Last edited: 2/9/16
- What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?Last edited: 2/4/16
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016Last edited: 1/29/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
TEN TIES, FIVE JACKETS (10/5 THREAD): Fall-Winter Edition - Page 9post #122 of 2792/22/16 at 6:16amQuote:
I only know "Blasi school" through @dieworkwear 's post and a couple other written sources - I have no first hand experience that I know of. But this jacket is less "round" overall than the typical Attolini-esque jacket. I wouldn't say that it's lean though. That may be a product of the camera angle and also the shoulders making the overall silhouette look more tapered. But actually it's looser around the waist than almost any other jacket I have from Naples. When I showed it to Dionisio at Sartoria Formosa, he thought the waist was too loose.post #123 of 2792/22/16 at 6:17ampost #124 of 2792/22/16 at 9:09ampost #125 of 2792/22/16 at 9:27amFrom Blighty, humbly presented -
Raffaele Caruso and H N White (dark green hopsack weave)
Boggi and H N White (dark blue cashmere)
Raffaele Caruso and H N White (dark blue cashmere)
Cantarelli and Cappelli (green, brown and blue wool cashmere)
Cantarelli and Andrew's Ties (blue, grey and amber cashmere)
Cantarelli and Cappelli Drakes (brown grenadine)
Borrelli and Drakes (brown grenadine)
Borrelli and Drakes (blue striped shantung)
Tombolini and Drakes (blue striped shantung)
Tombolini and Micky (fawn cashmere)
Raffaele Caruso and Cappelli (burnt orange grenadine)
Borderline top five (interchangeable with the Tombolini) was this Boglioli though the tie definitely goes in to the ten, Drakes navy.
and because I would have to have at least one suit (for work) it would be this Rubinacci though it does show the Corneliani tie making up my tenpost #126 of 2792/22/16 at 9:50amThread Starter
Nice Cleav, though I didn't get the chance to announce you!
Finally, dare I say it, a European contribution...though might be fighting words in the current climate. How about, simply a contribution across the pond from Murica until all referendums are settled.
I believe @aportnoy will be making a post in the near future, to shift the balance again to our side of the pond. Thanks gentleman for such fine posts.post #127 of 2792/22/16 at 12:39pmQuote:
@Mr. Six, This one stopped me in my tracks. Would you tell me more about this jacket's fabric? Is it correct that this one is the Hunt & Winterbotham heavy flannel? Is it a herringbone or is that just my (incorrect) interpretation of the photo? Do you know the fabric weight?post #128 of 2792/22/16 at 1:54pm
@otterhound Well, here's a bit of a mystery. I'm pretty sure that there's a H&W tag inside the coat, but searching back through my email receipts and the NMWA thread, it appears that it's actually a Fox Flannel. 17-18 oz. Definitely herringbone, but a very subtle pattern that doesn't "band" or "track" at all. It just blends from a distance, which gives it the "char-blue" character that was used to describe it when the GMTO was put together. @gdl203 can probably confirm. Sorry for any confusion. Now I have to look at the label in the coat when I get home.post #129 of 2792/22/16 at 2:23pmpost #130 of 2792/22/16 at 3:05pmThread Starter
@EFV will likely have a post today or tomorrow, so looking forward to that.
All current posters are invited to add to their pictures. I don't mind seeing additional jackets etc., but pairings of the original 10/5 are especially encouraged.
Today for me, the brown cashmere subtle herringbone I posted earlier (looks solid here), tattersall and tweed (jacket's color is impossible to capture with my iPhone...nori green is the best description with a red/rust overcheck).post #131 of 2792/22/16 at 10:50pmpost #132 of 2792/23/16 at 5:47ampost #133 of 2792/23/16 at 3:56pmMan, there's been some great stuff posted. I'm about to lower the quality curve here, but at least the West Coast gets another representative.
My five sport coats and ten ties:
L to R: Navy flannel, cream and dk brown glen plaid, med. brown herringbone tweed, med. green herringbone tweed, dk brown velvet.
Reds, L to R: wool solid, wool neet, wool stripe
Green and Browns, L to R: silk knits, shantung stripe, vintage stripe. (Might substitute the brown knit for a black.)
Blues, L to R: mohair/wool knit, wool solid, silk neat
I'll post pics of them worn together over time.
Edit, here there are:
Same jacket above and below but the color is more true in the one above.post #134 of 2792/23/16 at 10:51pmpost #135 of 2792/23/16 at 11:21pm
Thanks B. Someday I'll probably replace the velvet with a 8-9 wale corduroy version. Did you post your jackets? If so, I missed 'em.
Which ties do you not like? Btw, I can't remember if the brown/blue/white stripe is shantung, raw, or matka silk. Conrad would know, which reminds me that I once posted a pic of it w/ one of these sport coats in his thread. Not sure I'd pic that square nowadays. It's a little less golden irl though:
- What tie would work best with a medium-blue suit for a wedding?
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 49 seconds ago
- › Balmoral Boot Porn 1 minute ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 5 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 7 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › Video Games 8 minutes ago
- › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 10 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...