or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Tie Makers in Naples
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Tie Makers in Naples - Page 3

post #31 of 40

...after eight years, you can find here some recent reviews of the most respected producers in Naples.

 

http://www.styleforum.net/t/514223/the-best-neapolitan-ties/0_20

 

You will check on many magazines that the more quoted are Marinella, Cilento, Ulturale, A.Quaranta Locatelli and P.Cappelli.


Edited by QuarantaLocatel - 12/18/15 at 12:24pm
post #32 of 40

double posted, sorry.


Edited by SartodiNapoli - 12/21/15 at 7:47pm
post #33 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuarantaLocatel View Post
 

...after eight years, you can find here some recent reviews of the most respected producers in Naples.

 

http://www.styleforum.net/t/514223/the-best-neapolitan-ties/0_20

 

You will check on many magazines that the more quoted are Marinella, Cilento, Ulturale, A.Quaranta Locatelli and P.Cappelli.

I( we who supply most of Neapolitan shops who just we add their tag)  doing all by hand. Obviously I can´t mention the names of our clients.

 

But please, some of those you mention use the Liba machine instead of doing by hand, so are not the most respected, are the most famous but the LESS respected contrary.

 

I already said on other post and won´t like to repeat who used the machine instead of made only by hand to avoid making polemic and enemies or show as bashing my oponents, even people who does not by hand can´t be oponent, just another different product.

 

Compare this machine producted tie, to a only by hand where only the interlining or lining is attached by machine as on real made by hand as Kiton, old Borrellis,  I was trained by some of them and practised among tons of places and can tell you what is said on the Neapolitan high tailoring industry about the ones who use the Liba machine. 

 

This is the Liba machine for low cost ties, that is used for mass production. There is one( or several) of this machines outside of Naples, but I have never seen one in person even I wanted just because technical curiosity, as any arthisanal maker uses or should use them, so got any choice to see any.

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dgUcq33v0M


Edited by SartodiNapoli - 12/21/15 at 7:54pm
post #34 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuarantaLocatel View Post
 
 

We are happy to be chosen by those magazines. "We" means Quaranta Locatelli. It's clear.

If you cannot tell your clients, it would be appreciated if you could tell us who you are, especially if you explain that some of a group of brands is using a Liba, and you don't tell who, and so you are slandering everyone...  it's cheap.

 

If you know Napoli, you can come in our atelier in Via Domenico Morelli 55 and check our ties. You are very welcome.

 

We use a wool and a cotton inner parts, and, of course, our taylors are very good and make the ties by hand. But the tie is made by so many details, and we choose them with our personal taste, like we travel for chosing the design and the silk. We don't "just put the tag" like your clients (you wrote it), because we need to make any possible effort to create our own unique product. That's the hard mission of a luxury brand.

 

This is about us. About the other brands, we cannot know how they work, but we respect them.

 

 

I have said who uses it in other thread. If you can´t id a tie made out of Liba, as you said a 7 fold tie makes a better knot that a 3 fold, I am sorry to say you are not a real tailor and just a salesman who tries to sell over the internet, there is nothing bad about it, but when fake things are said, then I have to be here  to defend the Neapolitan High Tailoring industry I am sorry to say you are not respecting as well as not respecting the readers saying them unreal things.

 

Everybody (the big  Neapolitan names make the silk brands travelling to their doors on the contrary) on this industry travels to Suffolk and Como to chose their silks, I have done it in the pastas well, so that is not special, is just doing the proper job as it has to be done, so this point is not valid.

 

I only help foreign customers who already got too much sellers with any clue about High Tailoring trying to hook specially American  and Asian clients saying fake things, selling fake things and giving fake prices, as all the forum knows I exposed and will continue exposing all the time I found a false argument.

 

The rest I won´t answer too, the people who surrounds me are the most respected and master of all Naples since several generations as well as considered the best alive as all the forum knows and also worked on most of those places, so I know from the first hand when they quit hand made to go outside of Naples on the mid 1990´s to save $ on each tie making them with the LIBA machine, ask your boss about, I am pretty sure he will teach you about. 

 

Thanks for the invitation, I did not talk about your ties as I do not know them (and hope you get the best of luck), but the rest you recommended about best of Naples are actually just the contrary

 

, (then now you say you don´t know how do they work but recommended them before? ) How is that? That is my point

 

 

As me as humble person but the rest of the industry does not respect, as some of those brands disrespects the clients selling at the same high price a made by machine on seconds (that is luxury as you said, pricing an item as high as the buyer can pay, example all the fashion brands)  than a real made by hand on hours(High Tailoring).

 

Best


Edited by SartodiNapoli - 12/22/15 at 7:35pm
post #35 of 40

see next post

post #36 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by SartodiNapoli View Post
 

 

 

I have said who uses it in other thread. If you can´t id a tie made out of Liba, as you said a 7 fold tie makes a better knot that a 3 fold, I am sorry to say you are not a real tailor and just a salesman who tries to sell over the internet, there is nothing bad about it, but when fake things are said, then I have to be here  to defend the Neapolitan High Tailoring industry I am sorry to say you are not respecting as well as not respecting the readers saying them unreal things.

 

Everybody (the big  Neapolitan names make the silk brands travelling to their doors on the contrary) on this industry travels to Suffolk and Como to chose their silks, I have done it in the pastas well, so that is not special, is just doing the proper job as it has to be done, so this point is not valid.

 

I only help foreign customers who already got too much sellers with any clue about High Tailoring trying to hook specially American  and Asian clients saying fake things, selling fake things and giving fake prices, as all the forum knows I exposed and will continue exposing all the time I found a false argument.

 

The rest I won´t answer too, the people who surrounds me are the most respected and master of all Naples since several generations as well as considered the best alive as all the forum knows and also worked on most of those places, so I know from the first hand when they quit hand made to go outside of Naples on the mid 1990´s to save $ on each tie making them with the LIBA machine, ask your boss about, I am pretty sure he will teach you about. 

 

Thanks for the invitation, I did not talk about your ties as I do not know them (and hope you get the best of luck), but the rest you recommended about best of Naples are actually just the contrary

 

, (then now you say you don´t know how do they work but recommended them before? ) How is that? That is my point

 

 

As me as humble person but the rest of the industry does not respect, as some of those brands disrespects the clients selling at the same high price a made by machine on seconds (that is luxury as you said, pricing an item as high as the buyer can pay, example all the fashion brands)  than a real made by hand on hours(High Tailoring).

 

Best

 

It's ok, good luck to you, as a taylor. I am sorry that it's not possible to know who you are and where you work, but it's ok.

 

I didn't recommend brands, I showed the recommendations of magazines, and of course we are happy to be appreciated. Thank you to clarify that you are not talking about us.

 

About many ideas, skipping the more important about quality, honestly I agree more with who wrote that so many rules about details are not so important like the result. I don't agree with too strict rules in aesthetics  

 

Best wishes and good luck.

post #37 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuarantaLocatel View Post
 

 

It's ok, good luck to you, as a taylor. I am sorry that it's not possible to know who you are and where you work, but it's ok.

 

I didn't recommend brands, I showed the recommendations of magazines, and of course we are happy to be appreciated. Thank you to clarify that you are not talking about us.

 

About many ideas, skipping the more important about quality, honestly I agree more with who wrote that so many rules about details are not so important like the result. I don't agree with too strict rules in aesthetics  

 

Best wishes and good luck.

 

Hi,

 

I did a guide here of the Neapolitan tie construction that you will agree, as more or less as you know, in Naples ( the ones by hand) we do more or less similar, feel free to add whatever, as I sure I forgot some things.

 

Merry Christmas

 

http://www.styleforum.net/t/508123/neckties-a-discussion-thread/600#post_8243813

post #38 of 40

Nice

post #39 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by SartodiNapoli View Post

Hi,

I did a guide here of the Neapolitan tie construction that you will agree, as more or less as you know, in Naples ( the ones by hand) we do more or less similar, feel free to add whatever, as I sure I forgot some things.

Merry Christmas

http://www.styleforum.net/t/508123/neckties-a-discussion-thread/600#post_8243813

Thank you.
Good Job, i will read.
Forza Napoli.
Merry Christmas
post #40 of 40

good

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Tie Makers in Naples