or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › is this a good suit for wedding?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

is this a good suit for wedding? - Page 3

post #31 of 37
Those who blindly thinks side vents are more superior should reconsider.
post #32 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by add911_11 View Post

Those who blindly thinks side vents are more superior should reconsider.

Those who think side vents aren't superior are just blind.
post #33 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathanS View Post

Those who think side vents aren't superior are just blind.

Have you ever get any crocked or centre evnted suit from tailors? Or this is only based on your experience in RTW?
post #34 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by add911_11 View Post

Those who blindly thinks side vents are more superior should reconsider.

So what is your argument in regards to why center vent are a better option than side vents? Beside a personal preference or aesthetic center vents are NOT the best option in my honest opinion do to the lack of freedom of motion, to the drape, and stress that is put on the fabric. That is why the side vent came after the center as it was an improvement to the design.

Anyway, outside of the above reasons most people will go with what is the norm in "their" social circles not necessarily what is more functional. Remember there is a different between style, fashion, and functionality.
post #35 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha11 View Post

So what is your argument in regards to why center vent are a better option than side vents? Beside a personal preference or aesthetic center vents are NOT the best option in my honest opinion do to the lack of freedom of motion, to the drape, and stress that is put on the fabric. That is why the side vent came after the center as it was an improvement to the design.

Anyway, outside of the above reasons most people will go with what is the norm in "their" social circles not necessarily what is more functional. Remember there is a different between style, fashion, and functionality.

Well I never say one is better than the other, I am only saying the premise that 'side vents must be better than center vent' is wrong.

I am submtting that when centre vents are done right, it will be just as good as side vents with its functionality and anesthetic.

I noted your argument but I don't think it holds any water. In particular to your social limb, I have the following reply 1) centre vents are very normal in a society we live in and 2) Some garments do looks more correct and authentic with crooked/centre vents.
post #36 of 37
I don't think double vents are better than centre vents, I just prefer them that way.
post #37 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by add911_11 View Post

Well I never say one is better than the other, I am only saying the premise that 'side vents must be better than center vent' is wrong.

I am submtting that when centre vents are done right, it will be just as good as side vents with its functionality and anesthetic.

I noted your argument but I don't think it holds any water. In particular to your social limb, I have the following reply 1) centre vents are very normal in a society we live in and 2) Some garments do looks more correct and authentic with crooked/centre vents.
You seem to be under the impression that I was arguing with you. This could not be further from the truth nor my intent. I was simply looking at it from a different angle than you.

My comments are fact base as far as how side vents effect the fabric and drape of the garment when in motion. As far as personal taste and aesthetics it is purely subjective. Additionally, where one lives geographically does play a big part in what is perceived as fashionable. Case in point would be how many English men do you see with button down Oxford shirts with suits and loafers? Not too many however, in the US it is pretty common.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › is this a good suit for wedding?