On a young, fit model, sure, it looks great. But anything would look great on him. Besides, you've got a blue jacket already. Move on to the next wardrobe gap. Nice shoes and blue shirts.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF MAY 11, 2015 Last post on 5/13/15 at 6:59pm in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF MAY 11, 2015 Last post on 5/26/15 at 6:48am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF APR 6, 2015 Last post on 4/12/15 at 2:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 6, 2015 Last post on 4/14/15 at 6:49pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF MAR 23, 2015 Last post on 3/29/15 at 2:17pm in Streetwear and Denim
How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?
Last edited: 3/23/16
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- What are denim "slub"? What is selvedge? Common denim...Last edited: 3/23/16
- I accidentally spilled a drop of fish oil onto a pair of boots....Last edited: 1/29/16
- What are the causes of leather cracking? Opinion and RebuttalLast edited: 1/28/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Finding affordable menswear? (chicago) - Page 5post #61 of 1352/7/16 at 12:27pmpost #62 of 1352/7/16 at 12:33pmpost #63 of 1352/7/16 at 12:47pmWhich of these shoes do you like?
You're in Chicago, which is basically home turf for Allen Edmonds. I have 9 pairs, and I can't recommend them highly enough. In Europe the go for twice the price you could get them there. The price / quality ratio is unbeatable for guys like us.post #64 of 1352/7/16 at 1:08pmThread Starterpost #65 of 1352/7/16 at 1:17pmThread Starter
The target pic is nice. You match the pocket square to the shirt, or to the tie - or either? Really dig that second suit.
I will say it IS very conservative. I have some wiggle room at work to be more casual or take more risks. If I walked in like that, people would wonder what the heck was going on. Nobody wears a tie - not even directors, not even VPs most of the time. It's reserved for C-level executives only.
Doesn't mean I wouldn't wear one, just giving you the lay of the land. In my group, things are very casual. Lots of jeans, khakis, patterned and colored shirts.
Nobody wears a suit - NOBODY. I've only ever seen the CEO in one.
Of those shoes I like #2 the best - would love to have those. Hate #5. Again they look like old man shoes, and they are too conservative.
The AE shoes are beautiful. Would LOVE to have some. I saw two on their site that I really dig.
Hey, I'm 50 - but most people say I look 40. If I died my hair, I'd look in my late 30s (This is what people tell me, not my own opinion). I prefer to dress as young as possible, as long as it fits with me and my situation. I'm also an artist so - yeah. Maybe that explains the shoes ;)post #66 of 1352/7/16 at 1:24pmpost #67 of 1352/7/16 at 1:28pmIf I were you, I'd upgrade my look by wearing great shoes, like the ones you posted, and a sport coat / jacket. As you say, avoid ties since it would stick out in your office.
When you wear classic shoes, shirts and jackets, people won't compliment you on how nice your jacket looks, or how nice your trousers look, or how nice your shoes look. They'll compliment you on how nice you look. And that's the goal.post #68 of 1352/7/16 at 1:49pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Veremund
If I were you, I'd upgrade my look by wearing great shoes, like the ones you posted, and a sport coat / jacket. As you say, avoid ties since it would stick out in your office.
When you wear classic shoes, shirts and jackets, people won't compliment you on how nice your jacket looks, or how nice your trousers look, or how nice your shoes look. They'll compliment you on how nice you look. And that's the goal.
That makes perfect sense. Thanks!post #69 of 1352/7/16 at 1:54pmThread StarterQuote:
Is it possibly this one?
Reviews seem a bit spotty.post #70 of 1352/17/16 at 4:24pmThread Starterpost #71 of 1352/17/16 at 11:08pmpost #72 of 1352/18/16 at 4:25amThread Starterpost #73 of 1352/18/16 at 7:02ampost #74 of 1352/18/16 at 7:15amThread Starter
Well, that's a good question. My head is swimming trying to figure that out. I did get a pair of Burgundy oxfords from eBay for $12 - figured couldn't go wrong on the price. I have a shirt from J. Hilburn being delivered on Sat, so I will post it when I get it. It's a pinkish/gray pattern (I think, it's been awhile) with gray contrast on the inside.
I am feeling like I am constantly wearing the same thing. This is what I have been rotating for the last 4 weeks:
- Gray cotton trousers (flat fronts)
- Brown cotton trousers (flat fronts) - These are the two pairs of pants I wear. I will wear Jeans on Friday if I go into the office that day instead of working from home.
- White dress shirt
- Blue dress shirt (I wear these two the most)
- 2 similar gray/gunmetal dress shirts, 1 burgundy dress shirt. - I mostly wear these under a sweater.
- 1 black dress shirt. I know, night time only. But I have so few shirts right now, I wear it. I'm wearing it now.
- 1 black waistcoat
- 1 dark gray pinstriped waistcoat.
- Brown pair of half-brogues
- The tan brogues everyone here hates (but I have honestly gotten a LOT of compliments on them).
- The blue blazer, above.
That's all I have, other than 2 3-button henleys (blue and brown).
Would a cream/lighter color of trousers make sense? I feel like I need another white and another blue shirt, maybe a button down collar. I actually love waistcoats, I would love to have this one (with that tie too!), but doesn't feel like that should be a priority right now. Would love to have a charcoal blazer. Would like a pair of lighter brown, nicer shoes (like used Allen Edmonds - have been watching eBay for those).
I'm not sure where to go next. As the whole point of this thread is, my funds are limited. I have been digging around ebay a lot, trying to figure out what is there. I found a consignment shop in Chicago I want to visit.
I'm a little overwhelmed trying to figure out what is next :)post #75 of 1352/18/16 at 7:28am
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 43 seconds ago
- › Cars We Drive! 1 minute ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 4 minutes ago
- › Pre-wash Raw Denim at Home? 4 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 5 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 5 minutes ago
- › *** The official PATRIK ERVELL thread *** 9 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 9 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 14 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...