That outfit up there, is something I wear often - just another tie.
Monk double straps are my favorite shoes, I have them in both suede and leather, brown and black!
Awesome! The joy of dressing is an art :)
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF MAY 11, 2015 Last post on 5/13/15 at 6:59pm in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF MAY 11, 2015 Last post on 5/26/15 at 6:48am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF APR 6, 2015 Last post on 4/12/15 at 2:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 6, 2015 Last post on 4/14/15 at 6:49pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF MAR 23, 2015 Last post on 3/29/15 at 2:17pm in Streetwear and Denim
How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?
Last edited: 3/23/16
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- What are denim "slub"? What is selvedge? Common denim...Last edited: 3/23/16
- I accidentally spilled a drop of fish oil onto a pair of boots....Last edited: 1/29/16
- What are the causes of leather cracking? Opinion and RebuttalLast edited: 1/28/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Finding affordable menswear? (chicago) - Page 8post #106 of 1353/7/16 at 4:43ampost #107 of 1353/7/16 at 6:55ampost #108 of 1353/7/16 at 7:03amThread Starter
Dub monks is my list :)
Ok, I have no canvas kicks in my closet. I have only running shoes, so I have been poking around. I kind of like these
But I also like Vans
Basically I need a casual canvas shoe for casual outfits. Which shoe do you like, or do you have other suggestions?post #109 of 1353/7/16 at 7:33am
A perfect answer to a budget canvas shoe, the classic Vans Era sneaker should be in every man's footwear lineup. They come in nearly any color imaginable, but I'd stick to neutral colors like white, black, and gray because some of the other colors look a bit juvenile.
These are two "low budget" options that I have always recommended friends, during stylist sessions. They are easy to keep clean, and they can create a very crisp look for the summer. They can be paired up with everything including blue jeans, black jeans, chinos, shorts etc!
They do however have a bit more sporty look (trainer, hello?) so if you don't like that, I'd definitely opt for the Vans sneaker you linked!post #110 of 1353/7/16 at 7:42amThread Starter
Never been a fan of that Adidas look. I do like Converse - those are a bit vanilla for my taste, I think. What about Chuck Taylors?
The one thing about this type of shoe for me - the lack of support can give me a fairly quick backache. So I have to be careful about shoes that are too flat.post #111 of 1353/7/16 at 7:51ampost #112 of 1353/7/16 at 7:55ampost #113 of 1353/7/16 at 8:18amQuote:
While I agree with the first point, I think the second point is discussable. I have several white sneakers which still are beautiful, crisp white - its all about how you protect them (By not using them in rain, muddy environment, cleaning etc) and also how often :D
I'd definitely go for the grey vans aswell, if you are not too much into the more sporty look (the options I linked) as long as you keep them in white or grey!post #114 of 1353/7/16 at 8:18ampost #115 of 1353/7/16 at 8:20ampost #116 of 1353/7/16 at 8:29amThread Starterpost #117 of 1353/7/16 at 9:03amhttp://www.clarksusa.com/us/originals/originals-shoes/originals-mens/originals-mens-desert-boots/Men%27s-Desert-Boot-Oakwood-Suede/p/26110058
The classic. Also known as chukka boots apparently.post #118 of 1353/7/16 at 9:13amThread Starterpost #119 of 1353/7/16 at 9:15ampost #120 of 1353/13/16 at 10:46amThread Starter
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 35 seconds ago
- › Random food thoughts - Street edition 2 minutes ago
- › Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › Shoemaking Techniques and Traditions--"...these foolish things..." 4 minutes ago
- › Italian Business Casual / Casual Wear 6 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 7 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 7 minutes ago
- › Peal & Company Brooks Brothers Shoes 8 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...