or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Masking Large Feet?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Masking Large Feet?

post #1 of 24
Thread Starter 

I wear a size 12 and am only 5'10,155. Just about everything I wear looks big on me but certain boots/sneakers really accentuate them. Probally not the best idea to wear tapered jeans but anything that is baggy in the calf looks horrible on my frame so I don't want to go that route.

 

What are the best options for me in terms of sneakers/boots? Lowtops over hi's?

post #2 of 24
Thread Starter 

http://imgur.com/a/YH0mK

 

Pic to show what i mean


Edited by Xman11815 - 1/27/16 at 6:39am
post #3 of 24
Wow. I would go for wider pants and less elongated shoe lasts..
post #4 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superb0bo View Post

Wow. I would go for wider pants and less elongated shoe lasts..

What type of pants can I wear that are looser without looking like shit?

 

It just doesn't look right with denim at all when they arent tapered in my calfs. Looks so sloppy 

post #5 of 24
I don't know if SuperBoBo's suggestions are really going to work with your current SLP look, so you might have to either suck it up or look towards another aesthetic
post #6 of 24

I've been struggling with this for years and I definitely sympathize with the denim issue. 

 

The two posters above are correct. You should go a little looser and you're gonna have to modify your aesthetic a little bit. Material-wise, you're not going to be able to wear denim. I've had pretty good luck with wool or like...jersey/athletic type material. Slightly more refined fabric that drapes a lot better than denim. Something like this should be pretty easy to find. Alternatively, you could try for a slim denim style made out of synthetic material. I know Outlier does something like this, but I don't have any hands-on experience. Definitely worth a shot though.

post #7 of 24
Yea, I think a slighty different look would be easier, something with straight wool/drill pants. Like Howell/MHL, but that is a personal preference. Basically, dont get tight jeans and long/tapered boots..
post #8 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by malcb33 View Post

I don't know if SuperBoBo's suggestions are really going to work with your current SLP look, so you might have to either suck it up or look towards another aesthetic

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardB View Post
 

I've been struggling with this for years and I definitely sympathize with the denim issue. 

 

The two posters above are correct. You should go a little looser and you're gonna have to modify your aesthetic a little bit. Material-wise, you're not going to be able to wear denim. I've had pretty good luck with wool or like...jersey/athletic type material. Slightly more refined fabric that drapes a lot better than denim. Something like this should be pretty easy to find. Alternatively, you could try for a slim denim style made out of synthetic material. I know Outlier does something like this, but I don't have any hands-on experience. Definitely worth a shot though.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superb0bo View Post

Yea, I think a slighty different look would be easier, something with straight wool/drill pants. Like Howell/MHL, but that is a personal preference. Basically, dont get tight jeans and long/tapered boots..
 

 

Thanks for the help guys.

 

Damn gonna be hard for me to really change my aesthetic though. All of my clothing at the moment fits like the pics I showed. I live in AZ and am wearing a t shirt 75% of the year so don't know what other options I really have in terms of a different style that will be able to stand the heat. These boots are definetly the worst. When I wear denim and MM gats for example it's still noticeable but not nearly as bad. 

post #9 of 24
Thread Starter 

I think the chelseas are the issue more than the denim. Doesn't seem like its too bad with sneakers.

 

http://imgur.com/wlx0pVq&IPpIhXv&rUAFB88

post #10 of 24
doesn't look too bad. I mean yeah its obvious you have big feet, but it doesn't look terrible.

consider experimenting with cropped pants and jeans, it might help balance out your sillouette. as of now the stacking is only bringing more attention to your feet.

tbh i'm actually a little jealous. my feet are short and wide. they are at once petite and awkward, a parody of feet. you clomp into rooms authoritatively.
post #11 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoutOutsFoMyBo View Post

doesn't look too bad. I mean yeah its obvious you have big feet, but it doesn't look terrible.

consider experimenting with cropped pants and jeans, it might help balance out your sillouette. as of now the stacking is only bringing more attention to your feet.

tbh i'm actually a little jealous. my feet are short and wide. they are at once petite and awkward, a parody of feet. you clomp into rooms authoritatively.

ya true about the stacking. ill try looking for some cropped jeans. do they fit like skinny jeans or should i want them to fit looser?

post #12 of 24

Your feet aren't that disproportionate to your body. I'm 6 ft and a size 12 and I've never given it a thought. Along with the other suggestions, you can wear slightly tapered jeans (no need for boot cut). But go with a regular straight cut or slim straight rather than skinny. Also, go for slim black shoes rather than brown (and especially not White). A slim casual derby style laceup should work.

post #13 of 24

what about boots with thicker soles, maybe combat boots?  The way your boots get narrow and sleek towards the toe I think really exaggerates the length of your foot.

post #14 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superb0bo View Post

Yea, I think a slighty different look would be easier, something with straight wool/drill pants. Like Howell/MHL, but that is a personal preference. Basically, dont get tight jeans and long/tapered boots..

QFT

I'm 6'1" and between a US 12 and a US 13 btw.
post #15 of 24

Registered just to follow this thread.

 

OP, I fee your pain. I wear size 11.5 and am 5'10", 150lbs. I've worn 31/32 slim fit bootcut jeans (levis 527, bke fulton/carter) with thick-soled boots or bulky shoes (nike shox) for a very long time and have hated feeling forced into a certain style. I wear a uniform 6 days a week and hadn't really shopped in quite a while so I've been looking for ideas for more modern styles and found this thread. 

 

I've been out shopping and trying new fits a few times now. Two things I found very quickly regarding our build type.

(not a fashion guru, this is simply my experience/suggestion)

IMO, pants with any taper make my feet look HUGE with any shoe. Try a regular straight leg in a lighter weight denim.

Second, any shoe without laces, or without any padding (chucks, etc.), make my feet look HUGE with any pants fit. Try the adidas NEO Daily Shoes. I absolutely love them (the SE Daily Vulc in particular. I even wear shorts now because of this shoe).

 

Side note regarding your t-shirt in the pic: I searched for years trying to find good, plain t-shirts. Tried everything I could find from $1-30 each. I found these Starter Training Fit tees about a year ago for $5 each and they fit absolutely perfect in size Small. They're fairly heavy weight and hold up unexpectedly well.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Masking Large Feet?