or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Looking for advice/feedback on wedding tuxedo
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Looking for advice/feedback on wedding tuxedo - Page 3

post #31 of 39
In an ideal world, you want double-sided cufflinks joined by chains. But those are otherwise very simple and tasteful. Go cruise eBay and 1stdibs to see what you can find used ("classic/deco/antique") in that general style. You'll be in great shape for about the same amount of money.

Or try here.
post #32 of 39
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concordia View Post

In an ideal world, you want double-sided cufflinks joined by chains. But those are otherwise very simple and tasteful. Go cruise eBay and 1stdibs to see what you can find used ("classic/deco/antique") in that general style. You'll be in great shape for about the same amount of money.
What do you think of these? Would you go with mother of pearl, or onyx?
http://www.kentwang.com/cuff-links/silver-oval-mother-of-pearl.html
post #33 of 39
Thread Starter 
What style of bow tie would you guys recommend? https://www.samhober.com/bowties.htm

I'd like something similar to the one Daniel Craig wore in Skyfall. Was that a bat wing, or a butterfly?
post #34 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by primetimeseano View Post


What do you think of these? Would you go with mother of pearl, or onyx?
http://www.kentwang.com/cuff-links/silver-oval-mother-of-pearl.html


Onyx is more common. MOP is more understated. Depends on what you're going for, what you want to convey, but both are good choices.

 

ANd KW studs pair with either black or white.

post #35 of 39
Thread Starter 
post #36 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by primetimeseano View Post

Which shoes do you guys like better?

https://www.meermin.es/articulo.php?idArt=4216#
http://us.suitsupply.com/en_CA/shoes/tuxedo-shoe-black/FW131510.html?cgid=Shoes

Any other suggestions?


Meermin is goodyear welted; SuitSupply is Blake stitched. If I go with the SuitSupply pair, I'd make sure they have silk laces in them (I could be sure from the picture). 

 

Otherwise it comes down to fit.

post #37 of 39
Meermin's style is the traditional Oxford. But, yes-- fit is key. Nothing matters if you can't wear them.

Brooks Bros. has a version that is likely more expensive, but easier to try on. Alden makes one that some of their dealers carry. Theshoemart? Again, probably more expensive, even after international shipping, etc.
post #38 of 39
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by starro View Post


Onyx is more common. MOP is more understated. Depends on what you're going for, what you want to convey, but both are good choices.

ANd KW studs pair with either black or white.
I decided to go with a fly front, so I guess I won't be needing studs anymore:) I think I'm going to go with the Kent Wang MOP cufflinks.
post #39 of 39
Thread Starter 
I also decided to get double vents on the jacket. I know ventless is the more traditional, but I have a suit with a ventless jacket and I've never cared for it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Looking for advice/feedback on wedding tuxedo