post #1 of 1
Thread Starter 
Guys, forgive me if I don't know the correct vocabulary. My favorite tie shape is one that is narrow in the middle, but with a wide front blade. The result being that there is a small four-in-hand knot, but a wide blade at the bottom. I particularly like those with big geometric patterns.

I haven't been able to find ties like this since the 1990s. Thus, they must be hopelessly out of fashion.

Nonetheless, is there a way to describe this type of tie shape so I might Google vintage versions? Do ties with this varying width have a particular name?