or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Vanda Fine Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Vanda Fine Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 27

post #391 of 551
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm View Post


Love this. You look slimmer!

 

Thank you! I have been exercising and eating very clean for the past 4 months. I have dropped 15-20 pounds. 

post #392 of 551
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCK1 View Post

Thank you! I have been exercising and eating very clean for the past 4 months. I have dropped 15-20 pounds. 

It really shows!
post #393 of 551
Love that look. Perfectly simple.
post #394 of 551
Thread Starter 
@justinkapur - it seems we had a miscommunication with the weavers. I was under the impression that they were just weaving us samples for approval, but they've gone ahead with production and the 'samples' will be cut from the actual production pieces. We're told bad weather etc, etc, is causing the delays, but we should have the samples in mid next week. If the colours are OK (our fingers are crossed), they'll send us everything right away and we should have the ties sent out within 1-2 weeks.

Our sincerest apologies for the delays! We should've buffered in more time, and certainly will do so for future projects.

With regards to knit ties, these require specialized machinery and (the good ones at least) are made in the same few factories for most brands we know. We much prefer to have full control over production so we make everything in-house - no point in just sewing on our label to make a few bucks.
post #395 of 551
Thread Starter 
Indigo Matka in the wild, worn with our Teal Orchids kimono silk square. Really looking forward to the new range of matka colours coming soon!


post #396 of 551
Quote:
Originally Posted by gshen View Post

Indigo Matka in the wild, worn with our Teal Orchids kimono silk square. Really looking forward to the new range of matka colours coming soon!



Looks solid
post #397 of 551
Quote:
Originally Posted by gshen View Post

@justinkapur - it seems we had a miscommunication with the weavers. I was under the impression that they were just weaving us samples for approval, but they've gone ahead with production and the 'samples' will be cut from the actual production pieces. We're told bad weather etc, etc, is causing the delays, but we should have the samples in mid next week. If the colours are OK (our fingers are crossed), they'll send us everything right away and we should have the ties sent out within 1-2 weeks.

Our sincerest apologies for the delays! We should've buffered in more time, and certainly will do so for future projects.

With regards to knit ties, these require specialized machinery and (the good ones at least) are made in the same few factories for most brands we know. We much prefer to have full control over production so we make everything in-house - no point in just sewing on our label to make a few bucks.

No sweat at all on my end, more curious than anything and I figured it would help change the subject lmao.
I do love that indigo matka as well. Shit its gonna be hard deciding which colors and how many to get foo.gif
post #398 of 551
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericgereghty View Post

Both look great, A bit too slim for me, but I'm sure they'll get snatched up quickly.

Great choices on the new ones. I only have the red-cream, but it's definitely one of my favorite ties.

Too slim? They're the standard measures (8 cm I believe). And thanks for confirming my decision on the red-cream tie, it just looks so amazing smile.gif
post #399 of 551
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm View Post

Looks solid

 

:thumbs-up:

post #400 of 551
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by S K M View Post

Too slim? They're the standard measures (8 cm I believe). And thanks for confirming my decision on the red-cream tie, it just looks so amazing smile.gif

The standard measure is 3.5" or 8.9cm!
post #401 of 551
This grenadine looks great:
PCK1 Grey Grenadine (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCK1 View Post

Light grey japanese grenadine and linen square from Vanda

SF compresses my high quality photos too much...so if you want to see the real quality click the link below:
http://imgur.com/a/6QsL6



I have also been looking at the new rust grenadine:



I don't normally wear grenadines, and I have forgotten what the SF opinion is regarding their level of formality. Higher or lower than a comparable textured solid in wool or silk? I also wonder if the Vanda version might be slightly less formal than some of the other grenadines out there. I find that Vanda ties often seem easier and more comfortable for daily wear (less formal) than some of my others. Would the same hold for a Vanda grenadine?
post #402 of 551
I find them to be pretty versatile in terms of wear with both suits or sport coats. I think you could make the argument a fina weave is a bit more formal than a grossa but to 99% of eyes...it won't make a damned difference.

I'm not sure about Vandas other grenadines but the light grey one is not a true grenadine as you find woven by Italian mills but rather is described as a Japanese weavers take on grenadine. I like it.
post #403 of 551
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplicio View Post

I find that Vanda ties often seem easier and more comfortable for daily wear (less formal) than some of my others.

That is indeed the overall feel we are after with our ties - really glad you feel the same way.

With regards to formality of the grenadines, I find them one notch less formal than a plain silk tie, but not quite as casual as a textured wool.. for that same reason I find them very versatile.

Do note that the the unlined/untipped nature of our grenadines makes the tips transparent, which could possibly make it less 'formal'. This bugs some people, while others love it.


PCK1 is also right to note that the Japanese versions are not true 'grenadines' in the sense that they aren't exactly the same weave as the Italian stuff, but they are quite similar in texture and porosity.
post #404 of 551
Quote:
Originally Posted by gshen View Post

That is indeed the overall feel we are after with our ties - really glad you feel the same way.

With regards to formality of the grenadines, I find them one notch less formal than a plain silk tie, but not quite as casual as a textured wool.. for that same reason I find them very versatile.

Do note that the the unlined/untipped nature of our grenadines makes the tips transparent, which could possibly make it less 'formal'. This bugs some people, while others love it.


PCK1 is also right to note that the Japanese versions are not true 'grenadines' in the sense that they aren't exactly the same weave as the Italian stuff, but they are quite similar in texture and porosity.

quite nice!
post #405 of 551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplicio View Post

I don't normally wear grenadines

eh.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Vanda Fine Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread