or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Men at Golden Globe Awards
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Men at Golden Globe Awards - Page 2

post #16 of 28
...
Edited by teddieriley - 1/12/16 at 3:18pm
post #17 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddieriley View Post


Thanks for spoiling this.

Crap, let me just apologise first and edit the thing

 

But then again it's based on real events and

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
did you really expect him to not get what he wants in a 2 hour 20 minutes movie? I mean for me personally if he didn't do it the film would have been totally worthless 
post #18 of 28
Thread Starter 

Interesting, now that you've quoted it it seems to be on there forever....

post #19 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirgilVerne View Post

Interesting, now that you've quoted it it seems to be on there forever....

I was just giving you a hard time. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
But it did kind of spoil it even though it might have been a suspected outcome. I'm not familiar with the real-life events the movie is based on.
post #20 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddieriley View Post


I was just giving you a hard time. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
But it did kind of spoil it even though it might have been a suspected outcome. I'm not familiar with the real-life events the movie is based on.

True, though I would have totally hate-mailed Iñárritu if he kept us in the cold for more than 2 hours and it turned out otherwise 

post #21 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy57 View Post


Agreed. Tom Hanks did look good.

He was probably wearing a Tom Ford tux. He's been known to rock that to awards shows the past few years and seems to be a believer in the TF style.
post #22 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt2gt View Post

Even though not a fan of him...Matt Lauer probably had the best/classic look in my quick viewing.

rs_634x1024-160110143704-634.matt-lauer.cm.11016.jpgI do like his choices..however not sure if shoulder divots or just excessive wrinkling 

post #23 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Seitelman View Post


3. Although there were a couple of men in white dinner coats, that trend seems to be on the wane. It is a totally inappropriate look for a formal event in January.
 

Interesting, is there actually a particular season where you can wear white dinner coats to black tie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post
 

I am actually not entirely sure what the 'dress code' is supposed to be, there is such a variety of looks

Well I think Golden Globe would probably be somewhere along the lines of 'creative black tie'. But I mean a lot of looks are becoming more and more acceptable and when you do have celebrity status, some do choose to make a statement.

post #24 of 28
Lots of bluchers... Always thought bals are more appropriate (since we will not see any slippers).
post #25 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirgilVerne View Post
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
rs_634x1024-160110143704-634.matt-lauer.cm.11016.jpgI

do like his choices..however not sure if shoulder divots or just excessive wrinkling 

 

I really don't like waistcoats with black tie. It makes you look like a waiter - or at best the Maître D'. 

 

I haven't been to the Golden Globes in many years but you can pretty much wear whatever you want. It's not taken very seriously in the industry as an award show (the nominations are tweaked to ensure the largest celeb turn out and consequently highest viewing figures). It's just relevant because it's early in the year and people schmooze. 

post #26 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebop d View Post
 

 

I really don't like waistcoats with black tie. It makes you look like a waiter - or at best the Maître D'. 

 

I haven't been to the Golden Globes in many years but you can pretty much wear whatever you want. It's not taken very seriously in the industry as an award show (the nominations are tweaked to ensure the largest celeb turn out and consequently highest viewing figures). It's just relevant because it's early in the year and people schmooze. 

Let's see how the Oscars go, didn't watch it last year 

post #27 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirgilVerne View Post

rs_634x1024-160110143704-634.matt-lauer.cm.11016.jpg
I do like his choices..however not sure if shoulder divots or just excessive wrinkling 

Prob. thought he had bigger shoulders than he really has.biggrin.gif
post #28 of 28

When they announced Tom Ford was coming on stage I got all excited.


After all, just about every guy there was dressed by him so he had to be stunningly turned out.

 

Right?

 

Wrong!

 

He had a savage collar gap.

 

It's quite amazing that he can't get a jacket to fit properly for himself. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Men at Golden Globe Awards