or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF JAN 11, 2016
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF JAN 11, 2016

post #1 of 14
Thread Starter 

New SF member and not sure where to find the answer you're looking for?  Have a quick question that doesn't belong in a current thread?  Welcome, you found the right place.

 

This is a weekly thread where new users can ask quick questions and get a solid answer.  If a thread already exists that would be more helpful, we will point you in the right direction.  The only stupid question is the one that isn't asked.....so ask away! 

post #2 of 14

can anyone identify those boots pls?

post #3 of 14

Can somebody help me and tell me what to use to clean these Y3 Qasa's. I literally tried everything

 

 

 

 

post #4 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palagans View Post
 

Can somebody help me and tell me what to use to clean these Y3 Qasa's. I literally tried everything

 

 

 

 

 

 

Welcome to the forum @Palagans.  I don't know man....oxyclean and a toothbrush?

post #5 of 14

washing machine?

post #6 of 14

Hi all, I'm looking at getting a messenger bag and came across one of these: 

 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VTG-1941-Saddle-Postal-Brown-Leather-Messenger-Briefcase-Backpack-Mail-Bag-Mens-/351495784865?hash=item51d6c809a1:g:nGkAAOSw7aBVIY2d

 

It's gorgeous, but a bit too weathered for my taste.

 

There's some more info here, but I'm looking for someone who makes/ can make a reproduction version of it.

 

I hope someone can point me in the right direction!

post #7 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairybeast View Post
 

Hi all, I'm looking at getting a messenger bag and came across one of these: 

 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VTG-1941-Saddle-Postal-Brown-Leather-Messenger-Briefcase-Backpack-Mail-Bag-Mens-/351495784865?hash=item51d6c809a1:g:nGkAAOSw7aBVIY2d

 

It's gorgeous, but a bit too weathered for my taste.

 

There's some more info here, but I'm looking for someone who makes/ can make a reproduction version of it.

 

I hope someone can point me in the right direction!

 

Hey @Hairybeast, check out both of these companies:

 

http://www.styleforum.net/t/304965/luxire-custom-clothing-official-affiliate-thread

 

http://www.styleforum.net/t/417448/linjer-leather-goods-official-affiliate-thread

post #8 of 14
I haven't heard quite as much about this company recently, but I've gotten a few items and the quality was great. Check them out for a new leather bag.

http://www.saddlebackleather.com/
post #9 of 14

I've always considered sneakers to be ultra-casual and while i do have a pair of Converses, I rarely wear them except when i am really dressed down.   However, I travel a fair bit and it is a pain in the rear to pack dress shoes or boots - for starters, i'll need atleast a couple and usually, when i walk, i am walking around a lot with my camera (5-6 hours a day).  So i reckon a pair of nice, smart leather sneakers would be the way to go.    I can wear one and pack a second pair, if need be.

 

So here are my requirements:

- classic styling:  not too much in the way of frippery, or "fashion statements" on the piece.  A small bit of tasteful accenting is fine

- leather

- high quality

 

I see CPs have a good rep here as do Buttero.   Anything else?   I am ok going up to $300-400 if i must, but if i can get a comfortable, classy, well-made for less, I wont complain.

 

TIA!

 

(PS:  Out of curiosity, for those of who who prefer to travel light:  what do you do when you travel for half a week to a week?   Suck it up and take multiple pair of shoes, or just one and maybe pack a shoe tree?)

post #10 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilchasRuin View Post

I've always considered sneakers to be ultra-casual and while i do have a pair of Converses, I rarely wear them except when i am really dressed down.   However, I travel a fair bit and it is a pain in the rear to pack dress shoes or boots - for starters, i'll need atleast a couple and usually, when i walk, i am walking around a lot with my camera (5-6 hours a day).  So i reckon a pair of nice, smart leather sneakers would be the way to go.    I can wear one and pack a second pair, if need be.

So here are my requirements:
- classic styling:  not too much in the way of frippery, or "fashion statements" on the piece.  A small bit of tasteful accenting is fine
- leather
- high quality

I see CPs have a good rep here as do Buttero.   Anything else?   I am ok going up to $300-400 if i must, but if i can get a comfortable, classy, well-made for less, I wont complain.

TIA!

(PS:  Out of curiosity, for those of who who prefer to travel light:  what do you do when you travel for half a week to a week?   Suck it up and take multiple pair of shoes, or just one and maybe pack a shoe tree?)

One pair in the bag and one on your feet. I have three pairs of Buttero and love them...wearing s pair now. They are great shoes.
post #11 of 14
Same for me: one pair in the bag, one pair on my feet. Usually something functional and something stylish.
post #12 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian SD View Post

Same for me: one pair in the bag, one pair on my feet. Usually something functional and something stylish.


Thanks for that, Brian & @MurlSquirl.

 

I guess i'll have to deal with 2 shoes on a trip.   I live in Asia and generally, being out and about all day means regular change of clothes, so i typically tend to pack enough clothes to change regularly and not rely on the hotel clothes-wrecking service aka laundry.    But i guess that cannot be avoided.   I guess a pair of nice sneakers in the bag and a pair of nice leather shoes/boots while on the plane is a good two-fer combo.

 

Ordering a pair of AE Long Branches as we speak, actually - ever since i've joined SF, I've gotten a thang for boots.   My 4th pair of boots en route (all AEs - i know my size in them and dont trust buying any other brand online).   Damn you all.  :)

post #13 of 14

Been looking for this coat that Aziz is wearing for a LONG time and no one can seem to identify it. Been a couple of thread on reddit asking about it as well without any identifiers. 

 

Any idea?

 

 

 

 

post #14 of 14

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a tailor good at working with denim/khaki's in the DC area?

 

Thank you in advance!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF JAN 11, 2016