• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PLS HELP ~ Black wax/coated jeans

Karo

Reaction score
I'm starting to lose my patience in finding a pair of black coated jeans recently. There are only a few brands that I find fitting as well as flattering for me. Currently I'm wearing dior homme 19cm (sz33), nudie thin finns (sz33), and dsquared faith jeans (sz48). I have relatively slim legs, and a big ass (well more like protruding).

Anyways, I've been searching for a pair of black wax jeans for months now. Decided to go for another pair of thin finn nudies, there are only 2 stores that sell nudies in HK, seibu and harvey nichols. A sweet deal going on now, about $110cad for it, but unfortunately largest size was a 32. So I decided to pay the extra and go to harvey nichols, you guessed it...no sizes. Seriously are most chinese all short and skinny? Then went to the dior homme store to get the black clear coated jeans, again no sizes (but this time it didn't bother me so much cuz it was so expensive). I don't want to buy a pair out of spite and regret it later on (did I mention most stores in HK don't have a refund or exchange policy)

I was wondering how the black coated Surface to Air jeans fit compared to the black coated nudie thin finns. Also how much of a difference is the thin finns and the slim jims? I want slim jeans but I don't want to be making ball soup in my crotch. Please advise, thanks everyone~
worship.gif

Karo

Reaction score
Thanks for the link~

I was wondering if anyone knows the difference in measurement btwn the thin finns and slim jims?

I got some measurements for the Surface to Air black coated jeans today. Just throwing it out there FYI.

The 33 measures..
Waist: 16" across
Front rise: 10"
Thigh: 10.5"
Hem: 8"

and 34..
Waist: 16.5" across
Front rise: 10.5"
Thigh: 11.5"
Hem: 8"

To me the measurements seems kind of strange, like the thigh area looks to be a little too wide relative to the waist and hem. Any thoughts on that?

cldpsu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
10.5 inch thigh with 32 inch waist (tagged 33) seems pretty damn slim to me.

adidasfan

Reaction score
how are we suppose to wash black wax jeans?
should we just use cold water and woolite?

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by adidasfan
how are we suppose to wash black wax jeans? should we just use cold water and woolite?
Do not wash. You will ruin it :<

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was at uniqlo today a they have coate cotton ones for like 30 bucks. It's not wax coating but it's really similar.

adidasfan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bkstone
Agreed
5086.gif

So i am guessing Air Dry is the only way to clean them?

I have the Evisu Puma black wax denim and am just in love with those.
Also am wearing the Caen & Abel they are also great but not as great
as the Evisu Pumas.

300zx1985

Reaction score
Originally Posted by adidasfan
So i am guessing Air Dry is the only way to clean them?

I have the Evisu Puma black wax denim and am just in love with those.
Also am wearing the Caen & Abel they are also great but not as great
as the Evisu Pumas.

How will air drying clean something that wasnt washed? When you put wax coated jeans in the washer, soak them, get them in the rain.. heavy rain.., etc - it shiny surface diminishes and you are left with a ****** looking pair of black jeans. Put them in the freezer if they start to stank, if you drop something like pizza sauce on them spot clean with a rag.

grouper

Reaction score
why do people bump threads that are 3 years old?

300zx1985

Reaction score
Originally Posted by grouper
why do people bump threads that are 3 years old?

You figure that out, youve figured the internet out.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
It's a step up over special flower threads.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a worthy topic. Julius won the black waxed jean game forever though. Sq4you copped the current season ones and they are mindblowingly sick.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads