or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Styleforum at Paris Market Week 2016 - Capsule, Tranoi, Man Shows
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Styleforum at Paris Market Week 2016 - Capsule, Tranoi, Man Shows

post #1 of 56
Thread Starter 

No Florence this year! What a...never mind. We'll be in Paris instead, looking at showrooms, but mostly sitting on the curb outside Monoprix eating cheap baguettes and caprices des dieux.

 

 

So let's hear it. What do you want to read about? What brands have piqued your curiosity? Which arrondissements do you find most titillating? I haven't spent more than a few days in Paris in...several years, so help me out. We'll have a real live photographer with us this time, which means better pictures than you're used to.

 

We'll be covering:

 

Capsule

 

Tranoi

 

Man

 

And various showrooms, with maybe some cool stuff to be announced in the future. If you have stores you want to read about, brands you want covered, now's the time.

post #2 of 56

As one of the parisian fellows in here, I can recommand you have a look at a shop called Howard's in the 8th district, which is specialized in shirts, handmade ties and other accesories.

I like what they do a lot.

 

http://www.howards.fr/fr/

post #3 of 56
it's winter and not clothing related, but.... vineyards smile.gif?
post #4 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by nahneun View Post

it's winter and not clothing related, but.... vineyards smile.gif?

You've clearly not been to Paris.  There are not vineyards there.  That's like someone asking you about stores to cover in NYC, and your response is: "Sonoma Valley?"  

 

Do better, Uncle Nephew.

post #5 of 56
hey, there's always time to make detours and get drunk on company dime foo.gif
post #6 of 56

Please don't subject yourself to Monoprix baguettes. 

post #7 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by basil rathbone View Post
 

Please don't subject yourself to Monoprix baguettes. 

We are staying in the Latin Quarter.  Any suggestions for good patisseries and boulangeries?  And bistros that are NOT run by like, Michelin star chefs.  Just looking for good places to grab a relaxed bite before heading off into the big city.

post #8 of 56
Carrefour
post #9 of 56

So, back to stores.  @basil rathbone , you mind putting your list of recommendeds here again?  I know that we'll visit l'Eclaireur and probably told to not take any photos/have all our cellphones and camera equipment confiscated while we are there.  Other than that, I'm flying blind.

post #10 of 56

Stores, arranged in order of how cool they seem: Colette, Yohji Yamamoto, Adieu Paris, 1ldk, Damir Doma, Costume National

post #11 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post
 

We are staying in the Latin Quarter.  Any suggestions for good patisseries and boulangeries?  And bistros that are NOT run by like, Michelin star chefs.  Just looking for good places to grab a relaxed bite before heading off into the big city.

 

Nice. Whereabouts in the Latin Quarter? Closest Metro? Food's not really my thing TBH and most of my time was spent in the Marais, but I'll ask my wife. As far as Boulangeries go, just make sure you get the Baguette Tradition and not the regular Baguette. It's worth the extra 10-30 cents. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post
 

So, back to stores.  @basil rathbone , you mind putting your list of recommendeds here again?  I know that we'll visit l'Eclaireur and probably told to not take any photos/have all our cellphones and camera equipment confiscated while we are there.  Other than that, I'm flying blind.

 

Elevation Store, Royalcheese, AMI, Lemaire, The Broken Arm, Merci (more women's/home), French Trotters are all within walking distance of each other and are all pretty neat. Margiela, Rick in the Palais Royal. All pretty #sfapproved. For anything more exciting, I'm not really your guy.

 

If you find your way out to the Marché aux Puces, there was a shop with vintage bleu de travail french worker jackets for as far as the eye can see. Maybe on Rue Jules Vallès?

post #12 of 56
Find these dudes and talk to them:

http://instagram.com/loicjoachim
http://instagram.com/swannjoachim

Some kind of editorial on the French graff scene would be amazing but probably not very easy to get access too. Maybe just the street murals. Ashpools basketball court ; I've still not scene more than a few shots here and there but it seems like the kind of place that could be really interesting for an in depth look.

Take an $18 RyanAir flight from Paris to Milan and try not to lose your bags.
post #13 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultaVexillum View Post

Find these dudes and talk to them:

http://instagram.com/loicjoachim
http://instagram.com/swannjoachim

Some kind of editorial on the French graff scene would be amazing but probably not very easy to get access too. Maybe just the street murals. Ashpools basketball court ; I've still not scene more than a few shots here and there but it seems like the kind of place that could be really interesting for an in depth look.

Take an $18 RyanAir flight from Paris to Milan and try not to lose your bags.

 

Yes to everything here please, from what I've heard the Joachim brothers are really cool and friendly

(they are also working on their own brand which I'm very excited about and I'm sure others here also would be)

post #14 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultaVexillum View Post

Find these dudes and talk to them:

http://instagram.com/loicjoachim
http://instagram.com/swannjoachim

Some kind of editorial on the French graff scene would be amazing but probably not very easy to get access too. Maybe just the street murals. Ashpools basketball court ; I've still not scene more than a few shots here and there but it seems like the kind of place that could be really interesting for an in depth look.

Take an $18 RyanAir flight from Paris to Milan and try not to lose your bags.

 

One or both work or worked at Gant Rugger on Rue Vieille du Temple, close to Lemaire etc, so maybe worth popping in. 

 

Yeah, definitely check out Pigalle too. There's one on Rue Henry Monnier and the basketball court is close by, on Rue Duperre. If you guys could talk to Ashpool, that would be neat. He seems cool. 

post #15 of 56

Meet up with this guy: 

 

http://commeunanonyme.tumblr.com/ 

 

What's his SF handle again? 

 

Edit: @Liszt 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Styleforum at Paris Market Week 2016 - Capsule, Tranoi, Man Shows