or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Engineered Garments SS 16
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Engineered Garments SS 16 - Page 54

post #796 of 877

Anybody familiar with the Irving shirts? Just wondering how they fit. Typically a M so I'd say I'm safe picking up the same here but just double checking.

 

post #797 of 877
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobiasfunke View Post
 

I was about to wash my Paisley Banded Collar shirt and I noticed that the care tag says to hand wash cold only. Is this safe to put on a cold delicate cycle in washing machine?

And even the Chambray Banded Collar shirt says hand wash only, while the Work Shirt in the same fabric says machine wash.

post #798 of 877
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobiasfunke View Post
 

And even the Chambray Banded Collar shirt says hand wash only, while the Work Shirt in the same fabric says machine wash.

 

I have always washed my long banded collar shirts by hand to be safe. It could be about keeping the shape of the shirt. I'm not sure.

post #799 of 877

Looks like a rounded collar shirt I recently machined washed is also tagged as hand wash only. It seems fine, so I think I'll stick to machine washing the others (cold + delicate cycle in a delicates bag). 

post #800 of 877

sale's on at tbb

post #801 of 877

^ Thanks for the heads up. Ordered the long chambray shirt.

 

22f79403d88d2c02f5df72f255782d4e.jpg 

post #802 of 877
Anyone familiar with the type 6 denim sizing? I keep seeing various sizing from a 32 measuring exactly 16" flat across to them measuring around 16.5" I"m normally a 32 or M and figuring these will probably stretch a bit.
post #803 of 877
Quote:
Originally Posted by winston86dit View Post

Anyone familiar with the type 6 denim sizing? I keep seeing various sizing from a 32 measuring exactly 16" flat across to them measuring around 16.5" I"m normally a 32 or M and figuring these will probably stretch a bit.
I just measured my Type 6 ripstop and they are 16.5".
post #804 of 877
Thanks so much, really appreciate the help! That size is going to be perfect.
post #805 of 877

Pro Tip: The Bureau is having a sale and they haven't adjusted their prices for the post-Brexit economy. For American customers, this means about 10% off the original price, which when combined with the already 40% off EG pieces - you are getting a pretty nice deal early on in the sale season. Get it while it's hot, folks!

post #806 of 877
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeRVA View Post

Pro Tip: The Bureau is having a sale and they haven't adjusted their prices for the post-Brexit economy. For American customers, this means about 10% off the original price, which when combined with the already 40% off EG pieces - you are getting a pretty nice deal early on in the sale season. Get it while it's hot, folks!

Am I just stupid or am I doing it wrong? $95GBP comes out to $126USD, right?
post #807 of 877

Correct. The currency was trading at around 1 USD = 0.65 GBP before Brexit, now it trades at 1 USD = 0.75 GBP, hence the increased buying power of the USD and decreased price of merchandise at The Bureau Belfast for US buyers.

 

For anyone who cares, here is a graph of the exchange rate for the GBP and USD. The one month and one year view give you a better sense of how Brexit has immediately impacted the British economy: http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=GBP&to=USD&view=1Y

post #808 of 877

Anyone have thoughts on this season's Tropical Wool Suit (Andover + Cinch Pants)? Navy or Grey?

post #809 of 877
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobiasfunke View Post
 

Anyone have thoughts on this season's Tropical Wool Suit (Andover + Cinch Pants)? Navy or Grey?

 

i picked up the navy tw suit this season and i absolutely love it.  the only thing that worries me is how thin the fabric is - i had a pair of cashmere blend cinch pants tear in a weird way a year ago.  that fabric was quite thin, too...i imagine (hope) the tw is stronger.  it's great though, because when it's 33C here in DC tw makes a noticeable difference!

 

other thoughts - i'm on the taller side and the cinch pants fit like all the other makeups, a bit too short but i'm fine rocking the cropped look, just wish they were an inch longer in 34.  the jacket fits well off the rack, just a bit of collar standoff but hardly noticeable......that's about it.  overall it's a fantastic suit and even better if you can grab it on sale!

post #810 of 877
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue peter View Post
 

 

i picked up the navy tw suit this season and i absolutely love it.  the only thing that worries me is how thin the fabric is - i had a pair of cashmere blend cinch pants tear in a weird way a year ago.  that fabric was quite thin, too...i imagine (hope) the tw is stronger.  it's great though, because when it's 33C here in DC tw makes a noticeable difference!

 

other thoughts - i'm on the taller side and the cinch pants fit like all the other makeups, a bit too short but i'm fine rocking the cropped look, just wish they were an inch longer in 34.  the jacket fits well off the rack, just a bit of collar standoff but hardly noticeable......that's about it.  overall it's a fantastic suit and even better if you can grab it on sale!

I have a pair of the SS15 Ghurka Shorts in Navy Tropical Wool and I agree with you—awesome fabric, a little thin, but they've held up fine.

 

I actually decided to complete the Khaki Iridescent Suit instead. I've had the Cinch Pants for a while and just picked up the Andover. Should be a nice Summer suit.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Engineered Garments SS 16