or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Engineered Garments SS 16
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Engineered Garments SS 16 - Page 42

post #616 of 877
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalb916 View Post

I really liked the dark navy java cloth Baker from the look book.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



Ordered it from Nepenthes NYC, and the fabric looks nothing like the picture. The pattern is basically impossible to discern. It looks pretty much like a dark navy fabric. I can't imagine how it is even possibly the same fabric from the look book. Just a heads-up, if anybody was considering the jacket.

I have this print in the Charles Pant from this season and the pattern is definitely not noticeable from a glance given the navy on dark navy print, but up close and in good lighting you can tell; though not as much as in the lookbook I agree. I quite like the print though. And the Charlies Pant is really great this season for anyone who is interested.
post #617 of 877

I've become so accustomed to EG fabrics always looking better in person that this kinda threw me off.

post #618 of 877
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonio028 View Post


I have this print in the Charles Pant from this season and the pattern is definitely not noticeable from a glance given the navy on dark navy print, but up close and in good lighting you can tell; though not as much as in the lookbook I agree. I quite like the print though. And the Charlies Pant is really great this season for anyone who is interested.

What's the sizing like?

post #619 of 877
Picked up a few things from this season so far: Chambray Work Shirt, 19th Century Blue Plaid Madras, Bask Shirt in Grey Floral Jacquard. All cool pieces. Sizing is a bit small this season in my experience on several pieces. I'm normally an EG small, but took a medium in the chambray work shirt and the bask shirt for the proper fit. 19th C shirt in small was the right size. Be aware.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobiasfunke View Post

What's the sizing like?

Standard sizing and a nice slim/slim straight fit. I'm generally a size 32 or Medium in EG bottoms and took a medium in the Charles pant. I'll try to post some pics when I get around to it, but it's a great casual pant for spring summer. Got it from Meyvn shop.
post #620 of 877
So on the subject of sizing, how is the sizing like on the Lightweight Twill Bedford? Most of the measurements I'm seeing make me think I need to size up to a medium for the right fit? Anyone compare to the shirts from this season?
post #621 of 877
I'm looking to trade my navy slips in 8 for an 8.5. Hit me up!
post #622 of 877
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonio028 View Post

So on the subject of sizing, how is the sizing like on the Lightweight Twill Bedford? Most of the measurements I'm seeing make me think I need to size up to a medium for the right fit? Anyone compare to the shirts from this season?

Bedford fits slightly longer in the body this season imo, comparing it to the ripstop one a few seasons ago with removable buttons.

post #623 of 877
.
Edited by ChetB - 4/9/16 at 12:14pm
post #624 of 877
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotide View Post

Bedford fits slightly longer in the body this season imo, comparing it to the ripstop one a few seasons ago with removable buttons.

Thanks.

How about Baker sizing? Context measurements show a small having 16.5" shoulders and 17.5" chest?? That seems mad tiny.
post #625 of 877
That sounds like someone fucked up on measurements. TBB measurements for both bedfords and bakers are 17.5 s2s and 19.5 p2p on a small, which sounds about right.
post #626 of 877
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noctone View Post

That sounds like someone fucked up on measurements. TBB measurements for both bedfords and bakers are 17.5 s2s and 19.5 p2p on a small, which sounds about right.

The problem with the way TBB measures is that they only measure one fabric and list those measurements for all fabrics, which often vary in size. The Navy Twill Baker, for example, runs smaller than others. My medium measures 19.75" P2P.

post #627 of 877
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobiasfunke View Post

The problem with the way TBB measures is that they only measure one fabric and list those measurements for all fabrics, which often vary in size. The Navy Twill Baker, for example, runs smaller than others. My medium measures 19.75" P2P.

You're correct. Each similar article in different fabrics will measure differently because of the wash process that the garment goes through before distribution. Additionally, it's how you measure. Steven and I are custom fitters as well, so it's all in how you measure and from what point to what point do you measure from.
However, if you were to take the time contact TBB and maybe establish a relationship with someone there, I'm sure the guys there would take the time to supply you with the measurements that you need to make a purchase.
post #628 of 877

Does anyone know how the Bedford in the 7.5oz denim feels? Odd question I know, but have been scouring for up close texture pics and still unsure. Hate the feeling of poplin/ripstop, and still kicking myself for missing out on the moleskin (in a Small, if any kind soul has a lead), so was wondering if the black denim would be as close as I'll get, until FW comes around?

 

(Just got round to looking at the FW16 collection too..... Wow.)

post #629 of 877
I've wondered the same thing for awhile
post #630 of 877
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiLam View Post

Does anyone know how the Bedford in the 7.5oz denim feels? Odd question I know, but have been scouring for up close texture pics and still unsure. Hate the feeling of poplin/ripstop, and still kicking myself for missing out on the moleskin (in a Small, if any kind soul has a lead), so was wondering if the black denim would be as close as I'll get, until FW comes around?

(Just got round to looking at the FW16 collection too..... Wow.)

It feels awesome! Buy it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Engineered Garments SS 16