Excellent recent posts gentlemen!
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- brandAldentagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Indy Boot 403 Brown Chromexceltagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16More
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- topicSizingtagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
Related Forum Threads
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/16 at 11:06am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- Alden Black Shell Cordovan Penny Loafer Full Strap Aberdeen Single Leather 12D Last post on 7/19/15 at 2:40pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Alden Modified Last: If You Wear, or are Interested, Please Read Last post on Yesterday at 7:55 pm in Classic Menswear
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 601post #9002 of 1179310/8/16 at 10:12ampost #9003 of 1179310/8/16 at 2:07pmpost #9004 of 1179310/8/16 at 2:17pmThread Starterpost #9005 of 1179310/9/16 at 8:27ampost #9006 of 1179310/9/16 at 9:36amThread Starterpost #9007 of 1179310/9/16 at 9:46amThread StarterWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:Quote:Originally Posted by cnation
Got in the 4461H today. Notice the welt flaw, going too keep them since its hard to find this in my size. Just wanted to ask, when i do recraft them down the road, they are going to remove that part either way and do it over again right? haven't recrafted any shoes yet, so i don't know this answer.Quote:Quote:Originally Posted by docalden2013
Things have been busy, so I rarely post or get to appreciate all the lovely Alden porn. Glad to see the heavy hitters and veterans still at it (good to see Mdubs and DV and Repp and Sazon still here). Fun seeing the young guns like Jettasy owning it. Overall, I'm glad to see the welcoming and convivial atmosphere I enjoyed so much still at play. Hope you all are wearing your Aldens in good health!
Btw, black shell is underrated. My newest acquisition: Context Tanker boots in blackQuote:Originally Posted by 100 yrs
natural cxl ptb from Alden sf via the factory... Not the best pic but these are crazy streaky. even my wife was like "what is wrong with those" versus the usual "don't you already have a pair just like that?" I have other natural cxl that look way better than these.
(Going back, don't fit great anyway)Quote:Quote:Quote:Quote:Originally Posted by Codysch123
Seriously need some help deciding. Two Norwegian Tankers. Left is Earth Chamois (smooth side). Right is Natural CXL.
In practical terms... I should get the Chamois because I could use dark boots more than light. Though I can't find much info about smooth Chamois because almost everything Alden has done with this leather uses the neppy reversed side. I think Natural CXL is rustic and beautiful, athough I have a lot of Natural CXL already. No matter what, they are both unique.
All that aside... which looks cooler to you guys?? I wish I could buy both.
(Photo credits: Brick and Mortar IG)Quote:Quote:Originally Posted by Michigan Planner
My new-to-me tan suede chukkas:
I was in a local men's store that is liquidating all of their merchandise as they change over to primarily MTM and bespoke. When I came in the other day the owner asked my shoe size then disappeared and reappeared with these impressing them onto me for free. I was never really a fan of the tan suede but it's hard to beat the price!
He sold them to somebody a few years ago who wore them for about a week and then decided they were too small. The store took them back and ordered him another pair but couldn't sell these ones so they set them aside until the owner came across them while clearing out some other stock.Quote:Quote:Quote:
Many great looking Alden's here this week guys! Those Natty CXL PTBs were unlike I have ever seen before, those streaks were horrible. Watchman, what color more accurately reflects those Ravello LHSes, the lighting makes them look like two completely different shoes. The welt is very normal for Alden as is the dye on the back of the eye stays.
-Mikepost #9008 of 1179310/9/16 at 9:57amWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:Originally Posted by mdubsWatchman, what color more accurately reflects those Ravello LHSes, the lighting makes them look like two completely different shoes.
They were sold to me as Whiskey, but alas, they are Ravello indeed. The older Ravello that is orangish.
Would you like to see the numbers on the inside?
Thanks.post #9009 of 1179310/9/16 at 11:13ampost #9010 of 1179310/9/16 at 11:24ampost #9011 of 1179310/9/16 at 11:38ampost #9012 of 1179310/9/16 at 11:44ampost #9013 of 1179310/9/16 at 1:39pmpost #9014 of 1179310/9/16 at 3:24pmThread Starterpost #9015 of 1179310/9/16 at 3:27pmThread Starter
This thread is locked
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?
Currently, there are 1155 Active Users (231 Members and 924 Guests)
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 3 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 6 minutes ago
- › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread 10 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 12 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 17 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 18 minutes ago
- › Vanda Fine Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 27 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 28 minutes ago
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 29 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › The Current Popular Menswear Pieces
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway