or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 576

post #8626 of 10669
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDotz View Post

Leathersoul cigar wingtip boots, plaza last showed up today! I over paid on eBay but worth it.




Very nice. I remember when these first came out. LS had some money makeups in cigar back in the day. These, the pitt boots, and the jumpers. Maybe they still do, but just don't advertise them. 1/2 size smaller and these would've been mine. I did place a bid early on just for kicks.
post #8627 of 10669
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDotz View Post

Leathersoul cigar wingtip boots, plaza last showed up today! I over paid on eBay but worth it.



 
I was wondering who scooped those up.  I figured it was somebody on this forum.  I don't think you over paid at all.  In fact, I think what you paid was right on point with market value.  That's an extremely nice pick up.  Congratulations!
post #8628 of 10669
Hummus suede 6-eye
ab010df543ab4daa3670c2cf386620f9.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #8629 of 10669
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVenneri View Post


Thanks so much gentlemen! (Did I ever mention I love the optimistic and supportive tone of this thread? It's my measuring stick of Internet civility.)

Argh! In truth I did not notice that until you brought it to my attention. frown.gif Sigh, oh well...all apart of the charm at this point I suppose.

These are artisan shoes and boots, of course they aren't all perfectly uniform .. Look up batch made products .. jeez

Awesome boots my friend!
post #8630 of 10669

These with the white stitching on the whole penny unlike the new models keep me hanging on.
post #8631 of 10669
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDotz View Post

Leathersoul cigar wingtip boots, plaza last showed up today! I over paid on eBay but worth it.
Congratulations, fantastic buy. I don't feel you overpaid, thats a rare bird you found.
I also feel you got an nfl Sunday discount on the boots.
I also think size 10.5 would have gone for much more.
post #8632 of 10669
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDV View Post

Congratulations, fantastic buy. I don't feel you overpaid, thats a rare bird you found.
I also feel you got an nfl Sunday discount on the boots.
I also think size 10.5 would have gone for much more.

Truth be told I thought they would go for more. They were bid up really quick out of the gate. When they were at $900 by midweek I didn't think I would have a chance based on my planned max bid.

It really is a great boot, I couldn't be happier about them. I honestly never thought I would get a pair. About a month ago I finally broke down and got in on a lindrick gmto coming in dec/jan. That was going to be my brown shell wingtip boot. They may end up getting sold.
post #8633 of 10669
I tend to agree. That shade of cigar has not been seen in runs for a while. And that LS wingtip design on the Plaza is pretty cool!
post #8634 of 10669
Out of curiosity, does anyone go down half a size on Aberdeen cordovan tassel loafers?

They feel form fitted/snug, but comfortable when trying them on even at the end of the day whereas TTS seemed to have some room in the heel--It's just tough to be sure without taking them for a spin (a costly mistake that I've made before). Any comments as to how they wear/break-in?

This is my first Aberdeen lasted shoe. For a lace up, I'd likely go TTS but with loafers I'm not so sure.
post #8635 of 10669
Aberdeen tts loafers are my best fitting loafers.
post #8636 of 10669
Definitely a half size down for Aberdeen slip-ons. Full size for tie shoes.
post #8637 of 10669
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleViti View Post

Out of curiosity, does anyone go down half a size on Aberdeen cordovan tassel loafers?

They feel form fitted/snug, but comfortable when trying them on even at the end of the day whereas TTS seemed to have some room in the heel--It's just tough to be sure without taking them for a spin (a costly mistake that I've made before). Any comments as to how they wear/break-in?

This is my first Aberdeen lasted shoe. For a lace up, I'd likely go TTS but with loafers I'm not so sure.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDV View Post

Aberdeen tts loafers are my best fitting loafers.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89826 View Post

Definitely a half size down for Aberdeen slip-ons. Full size for tie shoes.

 

I had one pair of loafers which fit very well TTS. I always go TTS in Aberdeen.

post #8638 of 10669
Whiskey wingtip boots x AoM on this lovely Wednesday.

post #8639 of 10669
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVenneri View Post



Update: Alden got right back to me and these will be in the mail for repair tomorrow. Can't say enough about the wonderful customer service I've received from them.

 

Awesome.  Look forward to updates as I have a similar issue in a pair of 4060's.

post #8640 of 10669
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSO1 View Post

Whiskey wingtip boots x AoM on this lovely Wednesday.
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

I don't normally like wingtips, but those are amazing!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.