or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 556

post #8326 of 10638
Thread Starter 

Alden Unlined Whiskey Shell Cordovan LHS. Gustin Okayama Standard Selvedge Denim.

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

-Mike

post #8327 of 10638
^ Mike .. I love the slowly darkening patina on those grails.. Sweet! Have a good Labor Day!
post #8328 of 10638
^^ Fantastic, Mike.
post #8329 of 10638
Quote:
Originally Posted by the2ndhandman View Post

I noticed this on my indy boots as I was putting my trees in tonight. There less than a month old and only worn maybe a dozen times. What does alden offer for a warranty on repairs like this or should I just take for a local repair.

I'd e-mail those pix to Alden immediately.  I'd probably go request a new pair unless they can repair quickly.

post #8330 of 10638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skelnik View Post


They are sweet looking brogues! More pics please.

Thanks, I didn't get chance to take proper pics yet. But here is one more.

I must say that I am pretty pleased with the color on these , as it's little lighter in color than recent batches of color8 which almost look black.

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post
 

 

Looking good in your Plaza Medallion Cap Toe Boots. They look superb on you. As for your question with regards to insoles, I have two pairs of Pedag 102 Royal from Amazon that I have liked thus far.

https://www.amazon.com/Pedag-102-Vegetable-Sheepskin-Slightly/dp/B001E531Z6/

I bought two sizes up though in order to get a good fit for a size 11D shoe.

 

 

 

Looking absolutely stellar as always Chippy on this fine labor day!

 

-Mike

Thanks Mike, it's very helpful. 

post #8331 of 10638

Went to a friend's wedding yesterday and decided to wear the gunboats.  Gave them a good wipe down and some brushing, couldn't get them to shine though.  Oh well, maybe next time.

 

post #8332 of 10638
what's the turnaround time these days for recrafting
post #8333 of 10638

Long time since I've posted a pic. Waiting at the doctor's office and thought why not. My simple brown calf LWB seem a bit underwhelming after glancing at recent posts. Holy horse hides, those whiskey tankers are unbelievable @mrdv (your poetry regarding Mike's recent cigars is worthy of a high school Literary analysis class). The cigar semibrogues are really sweet @mdubs
post #8334 of 10638
My only regret is that I didn't get those in 10EE



post #8335 of 10638
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipshot View Post

^ Mike .. I love the slowly darkening patina on those grails.. Sweet! Have a good Labor Day!

 

Thanks Chippy!

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabru View Post
 

Thanks, I didn't get chance to take proper pics yet. But here is one more.

I must say that I am pretty pleased with the color on these , as it's little lighter in color than recent batches of color8 which almost look black.

 

Thanks Mike, it's very helpful. 

 

Glad to help!

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassyCanuck View Post
 

Went to a friend's wedding yesterday and decided to wear the gunboats.  Gave them a good wipe down and some brushing, couldn't get them to shine though.  Oh well, maybe next time.

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

Regardless of shine, your King LWBs are looking superb! Enjoy them!

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Long time since I've posted a pic. Waiting at the doctor's office and thought why not. My simple brown calf LWB seem a bit underwhelming after glancing at recent posts. Holy horse hides, those whiskey tankers are unbelievable @mrdv (your poetry regarding Mike's recent cigars is worthy of a high school Literary analysis class). The cigar semibrogues are really sweet @mdubs

 

Thanks Repp, it is always a pleasure to see your name and shoes here. Thank you for your kind comments, your simple brown calf LWBs are looking very good sir! Enjoy them and nice pairing with the green! Hope that your doctor's appointment went well!

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

My only regret is that I didn't get those in 10EE
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


 

Sorry @Alcibiades! Those look stellar, unfortunately Alden limits us to three widths! :-( But, that is better than C&J who limits GMTOs to a single width!

 

-Mike

post #8336 of 10638
Today's report.. Old dogs


Hopefully we'll be posting a boot instead of the usual loafer as rain is in the forecast..
post #8337 of 10638
Hampton SWB from AOM
7a91a201c6e7d93c45a6dce17e465086.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #8338 of 10638

Welcoming a new edition (middle medallion cap toe on Grant) to the Cigar family (Plaza WTB and Aberdeen NST).

Those WTBs I know..crazy.

post #8339 of 10638
Quote:
Originally Posted by the2ndhandman View Post

I noticed this on my indy boots as I was putting my trees in tonight. There less than a month old and only worn maybe a dozen times. What does alden offer for a warranty on repairs like this or should I just take for a local repair.


They will tell you to go through your stockist.
post #8340 of 10638
Great as always blending colour Don L
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.