or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 530

post #7936 of 10683
@MrDV - straight FIRE!
post #7937 of 10683
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazon View Post

@MrDV - straight FIRE!

No kidding :worship:

post #7938 of 10683
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR Magat View Post
 


My work is pretty casual, and anything brogued or with medallions appears to be "fancy" here; even shiny shell will appear fancy.  I love captoes, so that would be my biased pick, but plain toe would work just fine as well.  Just go with whatever model you like best (style/model)

 

I thought that brogueing was a design intended for more casual, "country" shoes with plain-toe and cap-toe designs being more formal, but I could be mistaken.  I agree on medallions when there are no other details.  Also, agree that the shell finish makes them feel more formal.

post #7939 of 10683
Quote:
Originally Posted by smfdoc View Post
 

Its time to cast a vote and all opinions count. I will order one of these three shoes and they all have their pluses. All would be delivered in late spring 2017 and are available in my EEE size. I currently have the following:

 

Black shell LWB, #8 PTB, black shell perf cap toe and a Regina grain LWB with commando sole.

 

Plain Toe Saddle Blucher - Barrie Last
Color 8 Shell Cordovan Vamp and Quater, Brown Alpine Grain Saddle, Tangue and Backstay,
Blind Eyelets, Flat Welt 360, Antique Welt & Sole Edge, Flex Waterloc Sole


Short Wing Blucher -Plaza Last
Color 8 Shell Cordovan, Blind Eyelets, Flat Welt 360, Antique Welt & Sole Edge, Double Waterloc Sole


V-Tip Blucher -Barrie Last
Color 8 Shell Cordovan, 6 Blind Eyelets, Reverse Welt 360, Antique Welt & Sole Edge, Commando Sole

 

My other option is to wait until I can get a shell alt wein when they are ever ordered again in my size.

 

Which of the three do think best fills a gap in what I have and be the most versatile? Any pictures you have of any of these would be welcome. Ready.....pontificate.

 

Short Wing Blucher - Plaza 

 

Most versatile and IMO best looking of the bunch.  

post #7940 of 10683
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLVol View Post

I thought that brogueing was a design intended for more casual, "country" shoes with plain-toe and cap-toe designs being more formal, but I could be mistaken.  I agree on medallions when there are no other details.  Also, agree that the shell finish makes them feel more formal.
it probably depends on work environment, but any extra details like broguing just appear "fancier" in my building, but medallions are the main one that sticks out.

For whatever reason my captoes seem to blend in better bc they don't have the added details of broguing/medallions
post #7941 of 10683
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR Magat View Post


it probably depends on work environment, but any extra details like broguing just appear "fancier" in my building, but medallions are the main one that sticks out.

For whatever reason my captoes seem to blend in better bc they don't have the added details of broguing/medallions

 

What's funny is broguing and details makes it a less formal shoe, but also makes some shoes/boots less casual, too.  I don't give a crap any more - I'm going to wear what I like.  ;)

post #7942 of 10683
Quote:
Originally Posted by M635Guy View Post
 

 

I don't give a crap any more - I'm going to wear what I like.  ;)

Yep, 100% this

post #7943 of 10683
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazon View Post

PSA: Alden of Carmel is re-ordering these beauties (AOC-9), on  Aberdeen.
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Those might be the perfect boot for me.  On Aberdeen, I didn't know this existed.  Thank you.

post #7944 of 10683
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaCal View Post
 

 

Those might be the perfect boot for me.  On Aberdeen, I didn't know this existed.  Thank you.

These boots are going to be on Barrie though, yes?

 

 I already have the Epaulet #8 Shell "Alt Weins" on Barrie. A bit redundant. Sort of.

post #7945 of 10683
Quote:
Originally Posted by metranger8694 View Post

These boots are going to be on Barrie though, yes?

 I already have the Epaulet #8 Shell "Alt Weins" on Barrie. A bit redundant. Sort of.

It says Aberdeen on the site, which is a bummer. Barrie would make it so I had a hard decision to make...
post #7946 of 10683
Quote:
Originally Posted by M635Guy View Post


It says Aberdeen on the site, which is a bummer. Barrie would make it so I had a hard decision to make...

Oh. I was just going off of what I remembered in the original posters post. Here it be:

 

"PSA: Alden of Carmel is re-ordering these beauties (AOC-9), but this time on the Barrie (first run was on Aberdeen). I'm loving these boots so I wanted to pass this on in case any other Alden bros wanted to get in.

Contact Adam at AoC if you interested."

post #7947 of 10683

Possibly they haven't changed the site.  Or they are ordering both. 

post #7948 of 10683
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaCal View Post
 

Possibly they haven't changed the site.  Or they are ordering both. 

 

Yes, they are ordering both.

post #7949 of 10683
27ae18ef68d63bdf39eec328b03443ee.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #7950 of 10683
Nice! Does Alden in Recraft deodorize shell shoes?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.