or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 529

post #7921 of 10517
2b7531a53646a3a4895a12cc4b566039.jpg
Picked these up last year used. Fresh back from Alden restoration.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
post #7922 of 10517
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchaplow View Post
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
2b7531a53646a3a4895a12cc4b566039.jpg

Picked these up last year used. Fresh back from Alden restoration.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

 

A very odd but beautiful model.  Slowly growing on me.  Glad they have new life breathed into them!

post #7923 of 10517
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSO1 View Post
 

 

A very odd but beautiful model.  Slowly growing on me.  Glad they have new life breathed into them!

Ha, yes I felt the exact same way!

post #7924 of 10517
Whiskey wingtip x Harrison Ltd. today.

post #7925 of 10517

Does anyone on here own the B+M color 8 wingtip boots and, if so, could you give me your impressions of these?  I completely forgot that I had placed a deposit on these a months ago, so I was surprised when Yenni notified me on Friday about mine arriving!  They should arrive at some point this week, and I'm trying to decide whether to keep them or list them on B&S. I was just about to place a pre-order for the reverse tobacco chamois wingtip boots at B+M before these arrived, and I already have two orders with Truman, so I need to choose a few of these and sell the others.

post #7926 of 10517
I wish I could forget preorders...

I've seen them, and they're beautiful. I have a non-shell (burnished tan) WTB and they are awesome.
post #7927 of 10517

#4 nst

 

post #7928 of 10517
Well I'm tingling
post #7929 of 10517
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDV View Post
 

#4 nst

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

Dude, you've been killin' it lately with the grails.

post #7930 of 10517
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDV View Post
 

there's a pair of ravello full strap loafers on ebay right now.

size 9.5

$375 obo

i do not own any full straps, but i would certainly give these a try if they were my size.

Nice reminder, man. Gotta check that out.

post #7931 of 10517

Help me decide.  I've been wanting a pair of Alden #8 shell boots for a long time now.  Finally pulled the trigger.  I have the plain toe on order but can exchange. Now I am having a hard time deciding on which style will suit me best.  I plan to wear them to work mostly which is a casual environment, jeans, khakis, nice shirt, etc.  I thought that the plain toe would be the most versatile and not too "fancy".  I also like the straight and wing tip models.  Just having a hard time with my decision.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  

post #7932 of 10517
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchaplow View Post
 

Help me decide.  I've been wanting a pair of Alden #8 shell boots for a long time now.  Finally pulled the trigger.  I have the plain toe on order but can exchange. Now I am having a hard time deciding on which style will suit me best.  I plan to wear them to work mostly which is a casual environment, jeans, khakis, nice shirt, etc.  I thought that the plain toe would be the most versatile and not too "fancy".  I also like the straight and wing tip models.  Just having a hard time with my decision.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  

 

A plain-toe boot is going to be plenty versatile - cap toe and wingtip would be pretty much the same for me.  Go with what catches your eye and don't worry about the rest.  My $0.02.

post #7933 of 10517
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiggyv View Post

I just purchased the Alden Unlined Chukkas, and have noticed some issues with the heel insets. It seems the heel on the left shoe doesn't sit flat, and the right shoe inset is set too deep such that the rest of the heel scrapes on the ground when walking. Are these issues which warrant a return? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



 

Unfortunately, I'd be surprised if an Alden retailer let you return/exchange those (I've seen much worse get denied on stock models). Alden gets a pass on a lot of stuff that people would be complaining up a storm with AE.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by smfdoc View Post
 

Its time to cast a vote and all opinions count. I will order one of these three shoes and they all have their pluses. All would be delivered in late spring 2017 and are available in my EEE size. I currently have the following:

 

Black shell LWB, #8 PTB, black shell perf cap toe and a Regina grain LWB with commando sole.

 

Plain Toe Saddle Blucher - Barrie Last
Color 8 Shell Cordovan Vamp and Quater, Brown Alpine Grain Saddle, Tangue and Backstay,
Blind Eyelets, Flat Welt 360, Antique Welt & Sole Edge, Flex Waterloc Sole


Short Wing Blucher -Plaza Last
Color 8 Shell Cordovan, Blind Eyelets, Flat Welt 360, Antique Welt & Sole Edge, Double Waterloc Sole


V-Tip Blucher -Barrie Last
Color 8 Shell Cordovan, 6 Blind Eyelets, Reverse Welt 360, Antique Welt & Sole Edge, Commando Sole

 

My other option is to wait until I can get a shell alt wein when they are ever ordered again in my size.

 

Which of the three do think best fills a gap in what I have and be the most versatile? Any pictures you have of any of these would be welcome. Ready.....pontificate.

 

 

Plaza SWB gets my vote! I'm thinking of ordering that one too and having Mack put brass eyelets in it.

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Clemson View Post
 

Does anyone on here own the B+M color 8 wingtip boots and, if so, could you give me your impressions of these?  I completely forgot that I had placed a deposit on these a months ago, so I was surprised when Yenni notified me on Friday about mine arriving!  They should arrive at some point this week, and I'm trying to decide whether to keep them or list them on B&S. I was just about to place a pre-order for the reverse tobacco chamois wingtip boots at B+M before these arrived, and I already have two orders with Truman, so I need to choose a few of these and sell the others.

 

Grant or Plaza last? I had the Grant for a bit (they didn't fit well), but damn they looked great! I don't like the WTB on Barrie, it looks too clunky and fat.

post #7934 of 10517
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaRKle View Post
 

 

Grant or Plaza last? I had the Grant for a bit (they didn't fit well), but damn they looked great! I don't like the WTB on Barrie, it looks too clunky and fat.

 

These are on the Grant last. I have the B+M snuff suede wingtip boots on the Barrie last with commando sole and really like those, but I'm not sure I would like these color 8 wingtips on Barrie as well. I also recently got the Leffot natural CXL wingtip "Bristol" boot on the Plaza last, and I'm trying to determine whether to keep those as well. I almost have more wingtip boots than I can wear.

post #7935 of 10517
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchaplow View Post
 

Help me decide.  I've been wanting a pair of Alden #8 shell boots for a long time now.  Finally pulled the trigger.  I have the plain toe on order but can exchange. Now I am having a hard time deciding on which style will suit me best.  I plan to wear them to work mostly which is a casual environment, jeans, khakis, nice shirt, etc.  I thought that the plain toe would be the most versatile and not too "fancy".  I also like the straight and wing tip models.  Just having a hard time with my decision.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  


My work is pretty casual, and anything brogued or with medallions appears to be "fancy" here; even shiny shell will appear fancy.  I love captoes, so that would be my biased pick, but plain toe would work just fine as well.  Just go with whatever model you like best (style/model)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.