Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- brandAldentagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Indy Boot 403 Brown Chromexceltagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16More
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- topicSizingtagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
Related Forum Threads
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/16 at 11:06am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 11/4/16 at 11:41am in Classic Menswear
- Alden Black Shell Cordovan Penny Loafer Full Strap Aberdeen Single Leather 12D Last post on 7/19/15 at 2:40pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Alden Modified Last: If You Wear, or are Interested, Please Read Last post on 11/20/16 at 5:42am in Classic Menswear
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 491post #7351 of 108047/18/16 at 6:42pmpost #7352 of 108047/18/16 at 7:00pmpost #7353 of 108047/18/16 at 7:06pmpost #7354 of 108047/18/16 at 7:53pmQuote:Originally Posted by smfdoc
Not that this is an answer to all of these issues, but here are steps I use to see the seconds in my size.
1. Log in and this takes you to your account dashboard.
2. Click the search box in the upper right and enter "Alden FD". THis produces a drop down image of 4-5 shoes that are seconds.
3. At the bottom of that drop down, click where it states "All Search Results." This will open the seconds page to show all seconds available.
4. Look on the left side of the page and click you size and let the page reload.
5. Now click the width and let the page reload.
6. You are now looking at all of the seconds in your size and width.
What does the FD mean or stand for?post #7355 of 108047/18/16 at 7:54pmpost #7356 of 108047/18/16 at 8:00pmpost #7357 of 108047/18/16 at 8:27pmpost #7358 of 108047/18/16 at 8:33pmpost #7359 of 108047/18/16 at 8:41pmThread StarterQuote:
Thanks Chippy, they are a few years old now, and were a few years old when I bought them from TheShoeMart.Quote:Originally Posted by JSO1
Alden Mahogany Shell AF2 x AoC today.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Those are continuing to look superb.Quote:Originally Posted by bustert Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
8 plain toe blucher on modified from Shoemart irregular list. My 1st time trying on modified last. I went with my Barrie size 11D. Certainly is more supportive than Barrie at the arch and snugger in the heel. Overall a good fit. they are much sleeker than thought for modified.
I also bought the modified black shell perf cap toe in 11C, not delivered yet. They'll probably be too tight but I'll give them a try. I'm really liking this last!
Those are looking good, glad that they are a good fit. Curious to see if you can wear the 11D and 11C on the modified.Quote:Originally Posted by jlchau
Seems to be working for me.
Also got some proper photos of my whiskey irregulars recently obtained from TSM. First pair of shell for me (I also previously had a pair of 975 seconds but they didn't fit so I returned them). I find that they are more difficult to take photos of because they are so shiny.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Thats pretty lucky for a first pair of shell, especially these days...Quote:
I don't, but I am sure many do. I put the bags on top of the shoes as if I put them in the bags, I wouldn't know which pair was which in the morning... :-)Quote:Originally Posted by M635Guy
I do. I brush them briefly before I put them on, and at the end of the day I let the shoes air out a bit (while I change/whatever - just a few minutes) and then install the trees, (I wipe with a slightly damp cloth if it has been a hard day/etc.) brush pretty thoroughly, re-bag and pop 'em on the shelf. It sounds like a lot, but it really isn't a lot of extra effort and is a routine. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I use AE bags for pretty much everything. They're better than what most others are including these days, and a reasonable $10 for both boot and shoe bags...
Pretty nice little setup there!Quote:Originally Posted by zippyh
Ocho PTBs on commando. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Very nice Zippy, those are pretty cool with the Commando Sole and the exposed eyelets. Where are they from? Are the unlined? They are the dover cut, which is usually unlined in my experience.Quote:Originally Posted by chipshot Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Ari Gold look up the word comportment.. Jack Ass
Good to see that you are getting them out Chippy!Quote:Originally Posted by sazon
A few goodies from the last few days Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Those are both looking great bud!Quote:Originally Posted by Watchman1
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Very nice looking LHSes Joel, they are looking good! Are those Ravello? Its hard to tell in the shade...
-Mikepost #7360 of 108047/18/16 at 8:41pmpost #7361 of 108047/18/16 at 8:57pmThread Starterpost #7362 of 108047/18/16 at 9:02pmpost #7363 of 108047/18/16 at 10:15pm
Is the loose grain creasing on these Brown CXL Tanker boots bad enough that you would not consider purchasing these second hand? I have Brown CXL Indy boots they have CXL creasing but the creases aren't any where as loose as this left boot so it gives me hesitation. I also kind of feel like Tanker boots are meant to be shell.post #7364 of 108047/19/16 at 5:11ampost #7365 of 108047/19/16 at 5:33am
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 1 minute ago
- › Eidos Napoli 2 minutes ago
- › 5th Annual Thrift Thread Gift Exchange Unveiling 3 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 3 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Momotaro 8 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 9 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 12 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...