Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- brandAldentagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Indy Boot 403 Brown Chromexceltagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16More
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- topicSizingtagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
Related Forum Threads
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/16 at 11:06am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- Alden Black Shell Cordovan Penny Loafer Full Strap Aberdeen Single Leather 12D Last post on 7/19/15 at 2:40pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Alden Modified Last: If You Wear, or are Interested, Please Read Last post on 2/20/17 at 7:55pm in Classic Menswear
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 480post #7187 of 117937/12/16 at 7:58ampost #7188 of 117937/12/16 at 8:47ampost #7189 of 117937/12/16 at 8:55ampost #7190 of 117937/12/16 at 9:24amQuote:
Unfortunately I feel like that's a question which won't get many answers.
It could really depend on too many variables to give an estimate I'd think. I would recommend keeping an eye on the soles for her and proactively replacing them for her, if she's the type that wouldn't do so on her own.
Very cool to hear of more and more women rocking Aldens these days!post #7191 of 117937/12/16 at 11:07amQuote:Originally Posted by JSO1
Quote:Originally Posted by smfdoc
Really happy with the stock LWB.
That's because it's a gorgeous shoe!
True, but now I am really wanting Ravello and whiskey. I would buy yours in a heartbeat if I would somehow get my 11 EEE into your 8Ds you have for sale. Maybe if I got a running start?... foot powder?.....post #7192 of 117937/12/16 at 1:27pmpost #7193 of 117937/12/16 at 1:36pmQuote:Originally Posted by stevezissou
Leffot Alden Indy in Cigar shell with commando sole, speed hooks, and antique edging.
Bought from styleforum user CHRK33 Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I feel bad actually putting these on and wearing them around now.
Not that bad though.
Stunning. Congrats.post #7194 of 117937/12/16 at 2:29pmpost #7195 of 117937/12/16 at 2:30pmpost #7196 of 117937/12/16 at 2:32pmSo I wear a 7.5E in both the grant and plaza last. Anyone have any experience going up a half size to be able to order from in stock sizing? Tempted by some 8d shoes but not sure if they'd work out for my width or if the length would be bothersomepost #7197 of 117937/12/16 at 2:32pmpost #7198 of 117937/12/16 at 2:42pmpost #7199 of 117937/12/16 at 2:51pmpost #7200 of 117937/12/16 at 3:31pmQuote:
If you take 7.5E in Grant and Plaza, you could try 7.5D in Barrie (or Trubalance). In many cases, sizing down a width in Barrie is actually preferable to sizing down in length.
This thread is locked
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?
- › *** Visvim thread: Dissertation on a Japanese Holy Spirit *** 1 minute ago
- › Eidos Napoli 1 minute ago
- › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Iron Heart IH 555-03 "Indigo Snake" Selvedge Black denim jeans, tag... 3 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 4 minutes ago
- › Going to Italy in May! Could I Save Money Placing Orders Now for... 6 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 8 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › The Current Popular Menswear Pieces
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway