or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 454

post #6796 of 10581
Saw a guy wehre 684s in the wild he seem astonished i knew what they were.
post #6797 of 10581
Thread Starter 
Ha! Nice bespoken! I never see them in the wild either. I frankly would be surprised as well if someone knew what my shoes were also!

-Mike
post #6798 of 10581
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

Ha! Nice bespoken! I never see them in the wild either. I frankly would be surprised as well if someone knew what my shoes were also!

-Mike

Guy initially looked at me like i was crazy eventually had about a 10 min conversation.
post #6799 of 10581
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bespoken pa View Post

Guy initially looked at me like i was crazy eventually had about a 10 min conversation.

Hah. Not at all surprised. :-) So... did he have more?

-Mike
post #6800 of 10581
Are there different model numbers for that full strap shell. Mine don't say 684? Sorry for the newbie question.
post #6801 of 10581
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris6 View Post

Are there different model numbers for that full strap shell. Mine don't say 684? Sorry for the newbie question.

There could be or you may have the Brooks Bros variant of it. Not aware of the Color 8 Full-Strap having another model number, but anything is possible.

-Mike
post #6802 of 10581
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

There could be or you may have the Brooks Bros variant of it. Not aware of the Color 8 Full-Strap having another model number, but anything is possible.

-Mike

Yes, they are the BB variant. That explains that. Much appreciated.
post #6803 of 10581
Thread Starter 
Gotcha. Yeah, they use different model numbers for Brooks makeups, although most Brooks models have special twists to them or on slightly different lasts.

-Mike
post #6804 of 10581

Could use some help if anyone knows the answer to this question.  Back at the beginning of March Unionmade put up some makeups for pre-order, such as the hunting green pairs.  Has anyone pre-ordered and if so does anyone know when they're expected to be in stock?

post #6805 of 10581
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAUGRANA View Post

Could use some help if anyone knows the answer to this question.  Back at the beginning of March Unionmade put up some makeups for pre-order, such as the hunting green pairs.  Has anyone pre-ordered and if so does anyone know when they're expected to be in stock?

Once the run goes into production, it takes roughly 4-6 months for them to come in, but hand stitching can slow things down some if the design includes it. I personally do essentially all of my shoes via pre order due to needing a narrow width. They will come in as soon as you forget about it. :-)

-Mike
post #6806 of 10581
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

Once the run goes into production, it takes roughly 4-6 months for them to come in, but hand stitching can slow things down some if the design includes it. I personally do essentially all of my shoes via pre order due to needing a narrow width. They will come in as soon as you forget about it. :-)

-Mike

Kind of unsure about how i feel about the indy chukka. On one hand its great to see a new model but it has a bit of franco harris in a seahwaks jersey for me.
Edited by bespoken pa - 6/25/16 at 10:04am
post #6807 of 10581
Quote:
Originally Posted by bespoken pa View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

Once the run goes into production, it takes roughly 4-6 months for them to come in, but hand stitching can slow things down some if the design includes it. I personally do essentially all of my shoes via pre order due to needing a narrow width. They will come in as soon as you forget about it. :-)

-Mike

Kind of unsure about how i feel about the undy chukka. On one hand its great to see a new model but it has a bit of franco harris in a seahwaks jersey for me.

That's one old ass obscure reference. Well done.
Always been a hawks fan and I barely remember he played here.

post #6808 of 10581
Quote:
Originally Posted by bespoken pa View Post



Kind of unsure about how i feel about the undy chukka. On one hand its great to see a new model but it has a bit of franco harris in a seahwaks jersey for me.

 



I think it is a really cool idea, but for me I think it would benefit from being based on the Barrie last...

I have no doubt the folks who get it will rock it well!
post #6809 of 10581
Quote:
Originally Posted by M635Guy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by bespoken pa View Post



Kind of unsure about how i feel about the undy chukka. On one hand its great to see a new model but it has a bit of franco harris in a seahwaks jersey for me.

 



I think it is a really cool idea, but for me I think it would benefit from being based on the Barrie last...

I have no doubt the folks who get it will rock it well!

As a chukka afficionado, I love it. Was very close to pulling the trigger, but I have a color 8 chukka on the way from Carmina already. frown.gif
post #6810 of 10581
Quote:
Originally Posted by bespoken pa View Post

Kind of unsure about how i feel about the undy chukka. On one hand its great to see a new model but it has a bit of franco harris in a seahwaks jersey for me.

Not sure about the reference but I think I get what you mean, I'm a little put off by the proportions too. A TB last Indy works well as a "high boot", but might be too wide as a chukka.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M635Guy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by bespoken pa View Post



Kind of unsure about how i feel about the undy chukka. On one hand its great to see a new model but it has a bit of franco harris in a seahwaks jersey for me.

 



I think it is a really cool idea, but for me I think it would benefit from being based on the Barrie last...

I have no doubt the folks who get it will rock it well!

I was thinking the exact same thing!! A Barrie lasted color Indy Chukka boot with commando sole...or plaza last. If we can get 12 together, that can probably become a reality..
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.