Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- brandAldentagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Indy Boot 403 Brown Chromexceltagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16More
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- topicSizingtagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
Related Forum Threads
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/16 at 11:06am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- Alden Black Shell Cordovan Penny Loafer Full Strap Aberdeen Single Leather 12D Last post on 7/19/15 at 2:40pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Alden Modified Last: If You Wear, or are Interested, Please Read Last post on 11/20/16 at 5:42am in Classic Menswear
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 395post #5912 of 117935/20/16 at 2:05pmQuote:
I was wondering if anyone was going to catch it or not. They are one of my favorites, and a total pair of neck breakers when worn around anyone "in the know".
In Amsterdam I wore them to Sir Max, the fellow working stopped me and called his other two partners in from lunch to check them out. I ended up hanging in the store for like 1 1/2 hour BSing talking about shoes etc. I even went back the next day to chat some more. (and ship home some shoes) Now Sir Max is one of my favorite stores. Period. Great bunch of guys. I make sure to stop in to say hello any time I am in the Dam. Fun times.post #5913 of 117935/20/16 at 2:24pmQuote:
The Cigar, I think late 08 or 09. I was in NYC a lot those years and some of the trips are kind of hazy.
The Ravello I would say 09 but I really can not remember 100%. For sure pre fall 2010, I started a company and that has been eating into my shoe budget, well that and an engineer boot lust. Anyone fill in the gaps? I am sure if got on the google and did some digging I could piece it all back together. But I really don't like to live in the past...says the guy who collects vintage "stuff". Thanks for the interest have a great day.post #5914 of 117935/20/16 at 2:24pmQuote:
Dude - you're in *the* Alden thread. Some of these cats amaze me with their degree of knowledge...post #5915 of 117935/20/16 at 2:27pmQuote:
Yep, I know where I am at. I was being a wisenheimer ;) Sometimes tone does not relay online. I should know better. My bad. I thought the "" were a signal to let everyone know I was kidding around. No disrespect.post #5916 of 117935/20/16 at 2:42pmQuote:
I was too (hence the emphasis), so we're in the same boat.
Those are some seriously cool shoespost #5917 of 117935/20/16 at 2:52pmQuote:Originally Posted by M635Guy
I was too (hence the emphasis), so we're in the same boat.
Those are some seriously cool shoes
Damn it. I even missed my own cues... Yep same boat...So we're cool...Sweet... I have not been around for awhile and I would not want to rock said boat. I have to step up my game. Thank you sir.post #5918 of 117935/20/16 at 5:28pmpost #5919 of 117935/20/16 at 5:33pmpost #5920 of 117935/20/16 at 7:00pmpost #5921 of 117935/20/16 at 7:16pmpost #5922 of 117935/20/16 at 7:36pmQuote:
Hmmm... Are you in the US? Do you know your Brannock size? Any other shoes you have (that fit you well) you can share your sizing on?
As for where to buy, that has a lot of variables, too. Is there a speciifc shoe/leather/makeup you've got in mind?
There is a LOT of great information at the beginning of this thread, too.
More information will help the excellent and knowledgeable crew here help you. Cheers!post #5923 of 117935/20/16 at 7:39pmpost #5924 of 117935/20/16 at 7:58pm
If I understand the nomenclature, this is a shoe built in 2010 or 2000. I guess it could be older, but it doesn't seem like the natural CXL that these boots are apparently made from was done much back farther than that - maybe not even as far back as 2000 - there are far more knowledgeable folks here than me. Model number is 45194H, which google reports as a a CXL boot that looks like it might be a Trubalance plain-toe boot. Size is 9 D (as I'm sure you know). The 5 refers to them being the 5th pair in the batch.
If that is the pair from eBay, the look like they've got some indigo crocking and some wear, but look pretty decent. I'd probably re-heel them sooner than later.post #5925 of 117935/20/16 at 8:16pm
This thread is locked
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?
- › DE PETRILLO NAPOLI BLUE GINGHAM CHECK SPORT COAT EU52R fits EU50 /... 2 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 2 minutes ago
- › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Porn Thread (Bespoke only) 10 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 10 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 12 minutes ago
- › Offical Barbour Thread 15 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 16 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...