I would say 11+ is big. 12 is nowhere near average.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- brandAldentagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Indy Boot 403 Brown Chromexceltagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16More
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- topicSizingtagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
Related Forum Threads
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/16 at 11:06am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- Alden Black Shell Cordovan Penny Loafer Full Strap Aberdeen Single Leather 12D Last post on 7/19/15 at 2:40pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Alden Modified Last: If You Wear, or are Interested, Please Read Last post on 3/25/17 at 4:07pm in Classic Menswear
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 386post #5776 of 117935/16/16 at 6:30ampost #5777 of 117935/16/16 at 6:51amQuote:
Depending on last I'm 13D or 13E
That is about as big foot as Alden gets, though TSM did run a few rare shell colors in 14D.
For most last sizes 13 works well for me in Alden. Viberg too.
Stevepost #5778 of 117935/16/16 at 7:42ampost #5779 of 117935/16/16 at 11:19ampost #5780 of 117935/16/16 at 11:45ampost #5781 of 117935/16/16 at 11:56ampost #5782 of 117935/16/16 at 11:58ampost #5783 of 117935/16/16 at 12:47pmpost #5784 of 117935/16/16 at 1:36pmQuote:Originally Posted by leadbelly2550
New shell cordovan belt to match my Alden shoes - a shame Alden isn't producing cordovan belts these days, but this is a beauty (in Color 8). 2 pieces of shell, calfskin back, nicely finished, robust, and the leather itself has an amazingly smooth feel.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
They (Rancourt) do make nice belts.
Like yours, my Rancourt Color 8 belt is more of a nice Ravello shade, as opposed to a color 8.
I think I recall that Rancourt self dyes their shell. (hopefully, I am not misspeaking)
I have non Alden color 8 shoes from a few makers, and NONE of it is the shade of the Rancourt belts.
I have color 8 from other makerspost #5785 of 117935/16/16 at 2:21pm
interesting comment made me look back at the photos. the colors in these photos are not the most accurate. the belt is laying on a fairly dark green carpet - each photo on the same piece of carpet, yet you can see that the colors are all over the place. my Alden color 8 shoes are in the burgundy/eggplant part of the spectrum, a bit lighter than eggplant - one pair maybe a year old, one a few years older thus a bit more faded. the belt is a bit further along the spectrum from eggplant to burgundy, but it's definitely not going to be mistaken for ravello, which (in my opinion) has a lot more brown tone to it than my shoes. (I have an Allen Edmonds cordovan belt that could, however, pass for ravello, depending on the light. one of the reasons i like cordovan as a leather is that propensity to catch light a little differently than a calfskin shoe or belt).
after i placed the order, knowing that the hues vary across different lots, i called Rancourt, spoke with someone about what i was looking for, and they specifically looked for a belt on the maroon/burgundy side of the spectrum. great customer service. i agree, it's not the same as Alden's color 8, but it's closer than the alternatives i looked at.post #5786 of 117935/16/16 at 2:32pmpost #5787 of 117935/16/16 at 2:50pmpost #5788 of 117935/16/16 at 2:51pmpost #5789 of 117935/16/16 at 5:39pmpost #5790 of 117935/16/16 at 5:51pm
This thread is locked
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 seconds ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 11 seconds ago
- › The Look goes on... 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 6 minutes ago
- › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread 14 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 16 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 22 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 24 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 26 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...