I like the Indy
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- brandAldentagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Indy Boot 403 Brown Chromexceltagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16More
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- topicSizingtagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
Related Forum Threads
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/16 at 11:06am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 11/4/16 at 11:41am in Classic Menswear
- Alden Black Shell Cordovan Penny Loafer Full Strap Aberdeen Single Leather 12D Last post on 7/19/15 at 2:40pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Alden Modified Last: If You Wear, or are Interested, Please Read Last post on 11/20/16 at 5:42am in Classic Menswear
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 373post #5582 of 105845/9/16 at 7:58pmQuote:Originally Posted by zennypoo
Depends on if you want calf vs. shell, and how you are going to wear it. If this is a casual, do-anything boot, then shell is probably more durable. If you don't mind the 'rolls' shell generate when worn, then a plaintoe high boot or chukka seems to fit the bill. An all black shell Indy boot with commando sole is probably one of the most kickass black boot out there.
I am just going to take the dive and grab the Black Shell Indy's. Thanks for the input!post #5583 of 105845/9/16 at 11:09pmpost #5584 of 105845/9/16 at 11:11pmpost #5585 of 105845/10/16 at 4:08ampost #5586 of 105845/10/16 at 5:00ampost #5587 of 105845/10/16 at 5:00ampost #5588 of 105845/10/16 at 5:02ampost #5589 of 105845/10/16 at 5:06amQuote:
Why were said shoes bought, if not to photograph and post on SF? I know that's the main reason why I have way more shoes than any sane man needs!post #5590 of 105845/10/16 at 6:15am@JS01 – Thanks kind sir !
On a related note, a lot of the Alden bros gave me some good ideas for purging this past winter.
Just wanted to update you guys on what I parted with. Overall, it’s been great passing on some models that I just don’t wear enough to some bros who could get some use out of them. I love collecting just as much as the next addict, but I’ve realized that having a closet full of shoes you just don’t get any use out of is pointless after a while (Gasp! Heresy!)
Don’t get me wrong, I’m still way over what a sane person would consider normal, but at least a little thinning has been done.
Over the past 4-5 months, my most worn styles have been: Color 8 Plaza Tanker (dark edge), Color 8 Barrie WT Boot, Color 8 Barrie Tanker (light edge), Black Shell Tanker, LS Ultimate Indy.
Off to new homes Since Dec 2015:
1. Alden 975 x leffot with antique edge & brass
2. Alden Black Shell Indy with brass
3. Alden x Leathersoul color 8 Shell Plaza wingtip boot
4. Alden x Leathersoul Vintage Indy
5. Alden x Epaulet Ironside Indy
6. Alden 990 PTB
7. Alden x B&M Regina grain LWB
8. Alden burnished tan WT boot
9. Alden snuff suede Indy
10. Alden x Supply&Advise Blue CXL Indy
11. Red Wing Heritage Copper R&T
I think I have 2-4 models to go...post #5591 of 105845/10/16 at 6:18ampost #5592 of 105845/10/16 at 6:20ampost #5593 of 105845/10/16 at 6:21amThread StarterWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:Quote:Originally Posted by mogili222
Finally wore my JCrew PCTs today to work. Had been wearing these for a couple hours at a time on carpet at home for a few days to break them in.. After much thought, I just went with my regular barrie size on these.. They are a little snug with heavy socks now but I expect them to fit nicely once the foot bed settles and the leather breaks in..
One in direct sunlight..Quote:Originally Posted by gsgleason
My Whiskey Wednesday contribution.
I picked these LWBs several years ago from another member who got them from Madison Ave. They were originally very pale, which at the time I did not like. I slathered them in dark brown cordovan creme which made the broguing and stitching darker, and turned the whole thing into a new shade.
Now I wished I had just let them be.
They're also a bit narrow. They are a C width whereas I need a D, but a slightly small Whiskey LWB is better than none at all.
I will probably try to get on some lists for some replacements in a D width.Quote:Quote:Originally Posted by mattw
Maiden voyage of the Alden x Leffot Greenwich boot in reverse hunting green chamois...
I vacillated for months, but finally pulled the trigger.
Pretty sure that these were the last in my size for most of that time, so thank you world for not wanting my boots.
The green can wash out when its bright, but is otherwise very rich in diffuse light. Awesome makeup, if I may say so myself.Quote:Quote:Quote:Quote:Quote:Quote:Originally Posted by JayDotz
Looking for some input from you guys. I got the shell pct boot from j crew on the recent sale. They look good except there are a couple of broken stitches where the quarter panel meets the vamp. Is this something that will get worse? I'm inclined to think it won't since there isn't any pressure against it when laced.
I talk to customer service and they told me I could send them back and they will prove match for me whenever they get a restock. I talked with them a little more and the rep offered me a additional 10% off of I wanted to keep them. That brings them down to about $410 which is a steal. I'm inclined to keep them provides the problem won't get worse.
Thoughts?Quote:Quote:Quote:Originally Posted by JSO1
Picked these up off the classifieds here for an extremely good price. I cleaned them up with my usual routine (wet brush, Bick 4, VSC). First pair of loafers. I'm not a loafer guy but I think these will be nice for the summer time. Ravello shell, Aberdeen last full-strap loafer. 2009 production, model 6846. Not sure which retailer offered these, but I'm guessing from the standard Alden heel pad that it was either Alden DC or @Alden of Carmel.Quote:Quote:Originally Posted by patrick_b
Clumsy accident last week while flying. All that extra leg room combined with my 11D feet resulted in the following.
Here's the after. I used a bit of brown cream polish followed by brown wax polish and some brushing.
After looking at the pictures, I see that I missed a spot. Fixed it after I took the pics but you get the idea.Quote:Quote:Quote:Quote:Quote:Quote:
Gentlemen, I wish that I had the time to individually comment on all of these great shoefies, but I sadly do not. You are all looking absolutely superb in your various fine Aldens!!!
-Mikepost #5594 of 105845/10/16 at 6:32ampost #5595 of 105845/10/16 at 6:50am
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 1 minute ago
- › ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** 3 minutes ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 10 minutes ago
- › Arc'teryx and Veilance Thread 16 minutes ago
- › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread 20 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 22 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 24 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 24 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway