I like the Indy
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- brandAldentagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Indy Boot 403 Brown Chromexceltagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16More
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- topicSizingtagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
Related Forum Threads
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/16 at 11:06am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- Alden Black Shell Cordovan Penny Loafer Full Strap Aberdeen Single Leather 12D Last post on 7/19/15 at 2:40pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Alden Modified Last: If You Wear, or are Interested, Please Read Last post on 3/25/17 at 4:07pm in Classic Menswear
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 373post #5582 of 117935/9/16 at 7:58pmQuote:Originally Posted by zennypoo
Depends on if you want calf vs. shell, and how you are going to wear it. If this is a casual, do-anything boot, then shell is probably more durable. If you don't mind the 'rolls' shell generate when worn, then a plaintoe high boot or chukka seems to fit the bill. An all black shell Indy boot with commando sole is probably one of the most kickass black boot out there.
I am just going to take the dive and grab the Black Shell Indy's. Thanks for the input!post #5583 of 117935/9/16 at 11:09pmpost #5584 of 117935/9/16 at 11:11pmpost #5585 of 117935/10/16 at 4:08ampost #5586 of 117935/10/16 at 5:00ampost #5587 of 117935/10/16 at 5:00ampost #5588 of 117935/10/16 at 5:02ampost #5589 of 117935/10/16 at 5:06amQuote:
Why were said shoes bought, if not to photograph and post on SF? I know that's the main reason why I have way more shoes than any sane man needs!post #5590 of 117935/10/16 at 6:15am@JS01 – Thanks kind sir !
On a related note, a lot of the Alden bros gave me some good ideas for purging this past winter.
Just wanted to update you guys on what I parted with. Overall, it’s been great passing on some models that I just don’t wear enough to some bros who could get some use out of them. I love collecting just as much as the next addict, but I’ve realized that having a closet full of shoes you just don’t get any use out of is pointless after a while (Gasp! Heresy!)
Don’t get me wrong, I’m still way over what a sane person would consider normal, but at least a little thinning has been done.
Over the past 4-5 months, my most worn styles have been: Color 8 Plaza Tanker (dark edge), Color 8 Barrie WT Boot, Color 8 Barrie Tanker (light edge), Black Shell Tanker, LS Ultimate Indy.
Off to new homes Since Dec 2015:
1. Alden 975 x leffot with antique edge & brass
2. Alden Black Shell Indy with brass
3. Alden x Leathersoul color 8 Shell Plaza wingtip boot
4. Alden x Leathersoul Vintage Indy
5. Alden x Epaulet Ironside Indy
6. Alden 990 PTB
7. Alden x B&M Regina grain LWB
8. Alden burnished tan WT boot
9. Alden snuff suede Indy
10. Alden x Supply&Advise Blue CXL Indy
11. Red Wing Heritage Copper R&T
I think I have 2-4 models to go...post #5591 of 117935/10/16 at 6:18ampost #5592 of 117935/10/16 at 6:20ampost #5593 of 117935/10/16 at 6:21amThread StarterWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:Quote:Originally Posted by mogili222
Finally wore my JCrew PCTs today to work. Had been wearing these for a couple hours at a time on carpet at home for a few days to break them in.. After much thought, I just went with my regular barrie size on these.. They are a little snug with heavy socks now but I expect them to fit nicely once the foot bed settles and the leather breaks in..
One in direct sunlight..Quote:Originally Posted by gsgleason
My Whiskey Wednesday contribution.
I picked these LWBs several years ago from another member who got them from Madison Ave. They were originally very pale, which at the time I did not like. I slathered them in dark brown cordovan creme which made the broguing and stitching darker, and turned the whole thing into a new shade.
Now I wished I had just let them be.
They're also a bit narrow. They are a C width whereas I need a D, but a slightly small Whiskey LWB is better than none at all.
I will probably try to get on some lists for some replacements in a D width.Quote:Quote:Originally Posted by mattw
Maiden voyage of the Alden x Leffot Greenwich boot in reverse hunting green chamois...
I vacillated for months, but finally pulled the trigger.
Pretty sure that these were the last in my size for most of that time, so thank you world for not wanting my boots.
The green can wash out when its bright, but is otherwise very rich in diffuse light. Awesome makeup, if I may say so myself.Quote:Quote:Quote:Quote:Quote:Quote:Originally Posted by JayDotz
Looking for some input from you guys. I got the shell pct boot from j crew on the recent sale. They look good except there are a couple of broken stitches where the quarter panel meets the vamp. Is this something that will get worse? I'm inclined to think it won't since there isn't any pressure against it when laced.
I talk to customer service and they told me I could send them back and they will prove match for me whenever they get a restock. I talked with them a little more and the rep offered me a additional 10% off of I wanted to keep them. That brings them down to about $410 which is a steal. I'm inclined to keep them provides the problem won't get worse.
Thoughts?Quote:Quote:Quote:Originally Posted by JSO1
Picked these up off the classifieds here for an extremely good price. I cleaned them up with my usual routine (wet brush, Bick 4, VSC). First pair of loafers. I'm not a loafer guy but I think these will be nice for the summer time. Ravello shell, Aberdeen last full-strap loafer. 2009 production, model 6846. Not sure which retailer offered these, but I'm guessing from the standard Alden heel pad that it was either Alden DC or @Alden of Carmel.Quote:Quote:Originally Posted by patrick_b
Clumsy accident last week while flying. All that extra leg room combined with my 11D feet resulted in the following.
Here's the after. I used a bit of brown cream polish followed by brown wax polish and some brushing.
After looking at the pictures, I see that I missed a spot. Fixed it after I took the pics but you get the idea.Quote:Quote:Quote:Quote:Quote:Quote:
Gentlemen, I wish that I had the time to individually comment on all of these great shoefies, but I sadly do not. You are all looking absolutely superb in your various fine Aldens!!!
-Mikepost #5594 of 117935/10/16 at 6:32ampost #5595 of 117935/10/16 at 6:50am
This thread is locked
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?
- › Chester毕 业证Q/微信834065630→Chester学历认证办英国切斯特大学毕 业证成绩单 9 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 17 seconds ago
- › Keele毕 业证Q/微信834065630→Keele学历认证办英国基尔大学毕 业证成绩单 26 seconds ago
- › Essex毕 业证Q/微信834065630→Essex学历认证办英国埃塞克斯大学毕 业证成绩单 41 seconds ago
- › Kent毕 业证Q/微信834065630→Kent学历认证办英国肯特大学毕 业证成绩单 1 minute ago
- › Loughborough毕 业证Q/微信834065630→Loughborough学历认证办英国拉夫堡大学毕 业证成绩单 1 minute ago
- › Sussex毕 业证Q/微信834065630→Sussex学历认证办英国苏塞克斯大学毕 业证成绩单 1 minute ago
- › SHU毕 业证Q/微信834065630→SHU学历认证办英国谢菲尔德哈勒姆大学毕 业证成绩单 1 minute ago
- › London毕 业证Q/微信834065630→London学历认证办英国伦敦大学毕 业证成绩单 1 minute ago
- › Bath毕 业证Q/微信834065630→Bath学历认证办英国巴斯大学毕 业证成绩单 2 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...