or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 369

post #5521 of 10731
Quote:
Originally Posted by bustert View Post


Awesome! Thanks! They look quite similar - the truflare looks a touch wider.

Its all relative, the pattern makes a difference as well as one has been worn and one hasnt.

 

Both the same size too

post #5522 of 10731
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYDRH View Post

Its all relative, the pattern makes a difference as well as one has been worn and one hasnt.



Both the same size too

Do you find the 6 eyelets allows you to get a more snug fit vs 5 eyelet LWB? 11D Barrie LWB is the right fit for me but is on the snug side. I'm thinking of going 11.5D on Truflare with the 6 eyelets allowing me to snug it up if it is otherwise roomy...An 11.5 D on Barrie is clearly too big - I learned that the hard way.
post #5523 of 10731
Quote:
Originally Posted by bustert View Post


Do you find the 6 eyelets allows you to get a more snug fit vs 5 eyelet LWB? 11D Barrie LWB is the right fit for me but is on the snug side. I'm thinking of going 11.5D on Truflare with the 6 eyelets allowing me to snug it up if it is otherwise roomy...An 11.5 D on Barrie is clearly too big - I learned that the hard way.

For me personally, it isnt the eyelets.  I suppose you can get slightly better control of snugness with the extra eyelets, but the real difference is the heel.  I find the Barrie last heel, particularly in the LWB to be not so slim which doesnt work well for me, it is easier to deal with on a boot, might explain on a subconscious level why these have never seen the light of day ;).

post #5524 of 10731
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYDRH View Post

For me personally, it isnt the eyelets.  I suppose you can get slightly better control of snugness with the extra eyelets, but the real difference is the heel.  I find the Barrie last heel, particularly in the LWB to be not so slim which doesnt work well for me, it is easier to deal with on a boot, might explain on a subconscious level why these have never seen the light of day wink.gif.
Continued thanks!
post #5525 of 10731
post #5526 of 10731

Clumsy accident last week while flying. All that extra leg room combined with my 11D feet resulted in the following.

 

Before:

 

 

 

Here's the after. I used a bit of brown cream polish followed by brown wax polish and some brushing.

 

 

 

After looking at the pictures, I see that I missed a spot. Fixed it after I took the pics but you get the idea.

post #5527 of 10731
Does anyone know if you can use BB Corporate discount on sale items?
post #5528 of 10731
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipshot View Post

Does anyone know if you can use BB Corporate discount on sale items?

Unfortunately not Bruce. Full priced items only.
post #5529 of 10731

Has anyone used sublime goods for Alden modifications such as the one in the picture? What is the general consensus of the change in sole edge color and eyelets? Personally, I think is gives the shoe some pop, but then again, I am known for my poor judgement.

 

post #5530 of 10731
Quote:
Originally Posted by smfdoc View Post

Has anyone used sublime goods for Alden modifications such as the one in the picture? What is the general consensus of the change in sole edge color and eyelets? Personally, I think is gives the shoe some pop, but then again, I am known for my poor judgement.



De gustibus non disputandum est. Concerning taste there must be no dispute. In other words, please yourself.
post #5531 of 10731
Quote:
Originally Posted by smfdoc View Post

Has anyone used sublime goods for Alden modifications such as the one in the picture? What is the general consensus of the change in sole edge color and eyelets? Personally, I think is gives the shoe some pop, but then again, I am known for my poor judgement.



Love these, but you can get pretty close out of box : http://www.fransboonestore.com/collections/alden/products/copy-of-alden-plain-toe-blucher-in-8cordovan-on-crepe-with-brass-eyes?variant=13858198407
post #5532 of 10731
Quote:
Originally Posted by 89826 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by smfdoc View Post

Has anyone used sublime goods for Alden modifications such as the one in the picture? What is the general consensus of the change in sole edge color and eyelets? Personally, I think is gives the shoe some pop, but then again, I am known for my poor judgement.


De gustibus non disputandum est. Concerning taste there must be no dispute. In other words, please yourself.

 

I'll agree that the style choice is yours alone.  IMO the brass is a great touch on the right shoe.  If you want a workmanship reference, I can say Mack did an excellent job. Optioned the brass but left the edges alone:

 

post #5533 of 10731
Quote:
Originally Posted by smfdoc View Post
 

Has anyone used sublime goods for Alden modifications such as the one in the picture? What is the general consensus of the change in sole edge color and eyelets? Personally, I think is gives the shoe some pop, but then again, I am known for my poor judgement.

 

 

this pic only has the modified eyelets. The edge-recoloring service will still leave the black color on the stitch surface of the welt (for lack of a better word), if you're modifying the 990s... just fyi.

like below (from sublime goods again)

post #5534 of 10731
BROGUE, I would take you up on it if you had 9.5E in the wingtips. When is the next restock?

Below are LS CXL conservation boots. Super comfortable for a Sunday walk in the park

post #5535 of 10731
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipshot View Post

Does anyone know if you can use BB Corporate discount on sale items?

The current "friends and family" discount is good on sale items. Additional 25% off. Ends today.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.