Just in from my pusher. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- brandAldentagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Indy Boot 403 Brown Chromexceltagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16More
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- topicSizingtagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
Related Forum Threads
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/16 at 11:06am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 4/17/16 at 2:48pm in Classic Menswear
- Alden Black Shell Cordovan Penny Loafer Full Strap Aberdeen Single Leather 12D Last post on 7/19/15 at 2:40pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Alden Modified Last: If You Wear, or are Interested, Please Read Last post on 9/18/16 at 2:38pm in Classic Menswear
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 363post #5432 of 94165/4/16 at 9:28ampost #5433 of 94165/4/16 at 10:03amQuote:
Very lucky, indeed. They're a one-off special order. Not in anyone's supply, unfortunately.
Would have been happy to share the news, had there been any news to share.post #5434 of 94165/4/16 at 10:23ampost #5435 of 94165/4/16 at 11:32ampost #5436 of 94165/4/16 at 12:13pm
Hey guys, we got three killer new Aldens in. The first two have preorders against them. If you placed a preorder, then expect an email from us shortly with the balance payment link. The stock online is what's left after the preorder units.
And here's a new stock style for us. We called it the "Cardiff." It came out really sleek in Brown Chromexcel.post #5437 of 94165/4/16 at 12:48pm
Can anyone tell me which lasts these Alden for BB shoes are on:
Black Calf Captoe Blucher: http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Captoe-Bluchers/136H,default,pd.html?dwvar_136H_Color=BK&contentpos=3&cgid=
Thanks in advance!!post #5438 of 94165/4/16 at 1:02pm
I doubt it is anyone's grail, but as someone who wears a suit 70 hours a week - I'm excited to add a new exotic dress shoe to my list. Last pair in DC's inventory and apparently had been sitting there for over a year. Details and pictures to follow...post #5439 of 94165/4/16 at 1:12pmQuote:Originally Posted by ScarsdaleVibe
Quote:Originally Posted by ASLP
As I begin my Alden collection, there are a few pairs that are at the top of my list. I would love to own a pair of whiskey shell cordovan plain toe bluchers. Unfortunately, many of the shoes/boots that are at the top of my list are not currently being made. Any tips?
Here's what I suggest (what I did):
1. Get on as many waiting lists as possible
2. Buy non-exotic offerings from retailers to build a rapport
3. Wait a long time
4. Get frustrated when you see the constant posts of exotics in this thread
5. Drink heavily due to said frustration
6. Get a pair of C&J MTO in whiskey to tide you over
7. Still don't be satisfied
8. Be jealous of mdubs, try to dislike him out of jealousy but realize he's a really nice guy
9. Drink more and wonder how there are new exotics posted here weekly
@ScarsdaleVibe's post inspired me to cross-post my list on the warning signs of being a shoe-holic.
Are you a Shoe-holic?
I know more than one of us have admitted to hiding shoes at work to keep the wife in the dark or having new shoes delivered to some address other than our home. Others of us have braved the situation only to be confronted by accusations of being a shoe-holic. But perhaps some of us do have a problem in this area. To that end, I completed this handy "10 warning signs of having a shoe problem" to see where I personally stand against such accusations.
Lying About or Hiding Your New Shoes - Yep! Pretty common in my life.
Buying new shoes to Relax or Feel Better - Guilty.
“Blacking Out” Regularly - Yes, this occurs. Have you ever purchased a pair of shoes only to later realize you already owned this style and returned it for a refund? Yeah, me too.
Being Unable to Stop Once You Start - Does over 20 pairs in one year count as being unable to stop?
Wearing shoes in Dangerous Situations - Suede on a rainy day. What was I thinking?
Neglecting Your Responsibilities - Well, yes, according to my wife.
Having Trouble in Your Relationships - See above.
Being Able to Buy More Shoes Than You Used To - Hell yeah, just watch me go.
Experiencing Withdrawal from Your Shoes - I have avoided this by buying a larger suitcase.
Trying to Quit Buying Shoes but Being Unable to - I don't know. I haven't tried to quit.
Looks like everything is A OK in my world. How about yours?post #5440 of 94165/4/16 at 1:27pmMy Whiskey Wednesday contribution.
I picked these LWBs several years ago from another member who got them from Madison Ave. They were originally very pale, which at the time I did not like. I slathered them in dark brown cordovan creme which made the broguing and stitching darker, and turned the whole thing into a new shade.
Now I wished I had just let them be.
They're also a bit narrow. They are a C width whereas I need a D, but a slightly small Whiskey LWB is better than none at all.
I will probably try to get on some lists for some replacements in a D width.post #5441 of 94165/4/16 at 3:23pmpost #5442 of 94165/4/16 at 3:27pmpost #5443 of 94165/4/16 at 3:54pmpost #5444 of 94165/4/16 at 4:07pmI'm glad to see new people getting into Alden shoes. It can be a frustrating journey getting the shoe you want (especially in the rare shades) but patience wins out. Some of us have been buying Alden shoes for a long time and can remember the "glory" days of walking into Madison and having rare shell galore staring back, unfortunately times change and demand is high. The best advice I can give you is to read the thread daily and don't be afraid to make some calls. Both will yield excellent results!post #5445 of 94165/4/16 at 4:25pm
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?
- › Gustin Buttondown shirts clear out sale - size Classic Small 7 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 16 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 16 seconds ago
- › Truman Boots 57 seconds ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 3 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › Henry Blake Watches - official affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...