or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 342

post #5116 of 10730
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSO1 View Post

Photo proof for you @tifosi.





And today - Ravello Longwings.


$5 says you photo shopped the creases! Seriously, you wear them well!
post #5117 of 10730
Hey all, question for the collective wisdom of the forum. My Whiskey PTBs, which I have had for a little over a year, have started to make a distinctive click or snap when my left heel strikes. Not the right. It's not outrageously loud, but more so than the right, which annoys me. I've inspected the heel and nothing seems loose or out of order otherwise. They are double leather soles.

I have also noticed this a bit with one of my boots, just one side and not the ther and commando soles this time. Might be the same foot, can't quite remember at the moment. Again nothing wrong that's noticeable.

Any idea what this is? Anyone else have a similar experience?
post #5118 of 10730
Wanted to get some opinions from you gentlemen if I may. I just received these 990s from AoM and wanted to see if a couple of things were acceptable.

It's mostly with the right shoe. There's a little buckling near the the inner eye-stay which doesn't exist in the left shoe.


And on the same shoe, there's a little curvature to sole which I haven't seen before either.


Should I send these back and request another pair or am I being too nitpicky?
post #5119 of 10730
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mghart View Post

Wanted to get some opinions from you gentlemen if I may. I just received these 990s from AoM and wanted to see if a couple of things were acceptable.

It's mostly with the right shoe. There's a little buckling near the the inner eye-stay which doesn't exist in the left shoe.

http://www.styleforum.net/content/type/61/id/2103050/width/400/height/800

And on the same shoe, there's a little curvature to sole which I haven't seen before either.

http://www.styleforum.net/content/type/61/id/2103051/width/400/height/800

Should I send these back and request another pair or am I being too nitpicky?

I would request a new pair.
post #5120 of 10730

Never thought I'd be a fan of tassels but these changed my mind.  Cigar x CitiShoes.

 

 

post #5121 of 10730
@JSO1 thank you. I figured that that's what I'd be doing cause those thing would bother me to no end. I've already called and had them set a fresh pair aside.

@dslonghorn4 Those look amazing! Especially with the antique edge!
post #5122 of 10730
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarsdaleVibe View Post
 

Where are them pants from?  I have this same make-up from Leffot and love this look.  

Thanks, just standard pants from Epaulet.

post #5123 of 10730
Quote:
Originally Posted by dslonghorn4 View Post
 

Never thought I'd be a fan of tassels but these changed my mind.  Cigar x CitiShoes.

 

 

 

those are amazing.....still bummed I had to send a pair back for proper sizing.....maybe someday

 

congratulations on that find!

post #5124 of 10730
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLVol View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by dslonghorn4 View Post

 
Never thought I'd be a fan of tassels but these changed my mind.  Cigar x CitiShoes.




those are amazing.....still bummed I had to send a pair back for proper sizing.....maybe someday

congratulations on that find!

To bad it wasn't those Ravellos wink.gif
post #5125 of 10730
Hah! Maybe we could work out an Atlanta Alden co-op to pool our resources.
post #5126 of 10730
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryIII View Post

Hey all, question for the collective wisdom of the forum. My Whiskey PTBs, which I have had for a little over a year, have started to make a distinctive click or snap when my left heel strikes. Not the right. It's not outrageously loud, but more so than the right, which annoys me. I've inspected the heel and nothing seems loose or out of order otherwise. They are double leather soles.

I have also noticed this a bit with one of my boots, just one side and not the ther and commando soles this time. Might be the same foot, can't quite remember at the moment. Again nothing wrong that's noticeable.

Any idea what this is? Anyone else have a similar experience?

first thing that came to mind was the heel cup. Maybe your step on that side caused it to crack slightly or come loose or rub a particular way. I'm not positive but willing to be Alden uses some sort of plastic heel cup. Give the heels a squeeze and see if you feel/hear anything. Good luck.
post #5127 of 10730
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akeem View Post


this is awesome

but then i wouldn't get much patina on my boots

LOL... I was wondering what patina meant, but now I know... Patina = urine stains.

 

I guess patina is one way to describe the yellow spots on the bushes outside my house where my dog marks his territory.

 

I'm gonna go patina on my #8s right now.

post #5128 of 10730
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryIII View Post

Hey all, question for the collective wisdom of the forum. My Whiskey PTBs, which I have had for a little over a year, have started to make a distinctive click or snap when my left heel strikes. Not the right. It's not outrageously loud, but more so than the right, which annoys me. I've inspected the heel and nothing seems loose or out of order otherwise. They are double leather soles.

I have also noticed this a bit with one of my boots, just one side and not the ther and commando soles this time. Might be the same foot, can't quite remember at the moment. Again nothing wrong that's noticeable.

Any idea what this is? Anyone else have a similar experience?

Had this happen on two pairs. The best I could tell it was likely due to the metal shank in the footbed not being secure. It settled down for me with wear and stopped happening. If it keeps occurring though, I would contact alden.
post #5129 of 10730

So glad that I was able to acquire a pair of barely used Ravello handsewn Tassel mocs (Model Number: 3796Y) recently, they are on Copley last and Alden made these for Beams Japan's 30th anniversary. Perfect shoes for the spring and summer, will post more outdoor photos later! Have a nice weekend Gentlemen!

 

 

 

post #5130 of 10730
Bought some great boots for myself. I suppose a photo is enough, because the experts here will know exactly what they are and where I bought them. :-)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.