or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 333

post #4981 of 10608
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevefok View Post

pretty sure that the stains are not cuased by blooming. It should be some dirt or stain that the previously owner didn't take proper care of.

IMHO, I think regular shoe care is not enough to remove those stains. May need to redye the uppers in order to make the stains going away.

Would that be something Alden recrafting does? Was thinking of sending it to them anyway for some work
post #4982 of 10608
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landau View Post


Would that be something Alden recrafting does? Was thinking of sending it to them anyway for some work

 

Yes, Alden restoration will refinish the uppers. Not guarantee they can remove 100% of the stains but will definitely look much better.

post #4983 of 10608
Maiden voyage for the Ravello NST boots. @tifosi

post #4984 of 10608
Alden X Leathersoul color 8 WTB and Marcoliani OTC. Happy Tuesday!
post #4985 of 10608
Snuff in the morning sun. Loving the tonal laces on this latest delivery.

post #4986 of 10608
@JSO1 Those are absolute perfection!
post #4987 of 10608
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSO1 View Post

Maiden voyage for the Ravello NST boots. @tifosi
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Wait. I don't get it. You put them on your FEET?? Then what?? You use them cover your feet and walk around in them? OUTSIDE, too?

Someone explain this to me. I'm a noob.
post #4988 of 10608
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

Wait. I don't get it. You put them on your FEET?? Then what?? You use them cover your feet and walk around in them? OUTSIDE, too?

Someone explain this to me. I'm a noob.

I think @mdubs should include a "how to walk in your Alden shoes" instructional video in the first post of this thread. We could all learn his no-crease secrets.
post #4989 of 10608
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSO1 View Post

I think @mdubs should include a "how to walk in your Alden shoes" instructional video in the first post of this thread. We could all learn his no-crease secrets.

We figured out that either:

1) he marches by pulling his knees straight up and down

2) he actually floats around on miniature clouds.

3) he spends a lot of time buffing and "boning" the creases out of them after each wear.

Personally, I choose to believe #2. wink.gif
post #4990 of 10608
Scotch grain LWB's on commando. .




And anxiously awaiting my first pair of shell in Cigar (partial spoiler alert...).
post #4991 of 10608
Scotch grain on waterloc soles. So tasty. Brick + Mortar!


post #4992 of 10608
King 975's today
post #4993 of 10608
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post


We figured out that either:

1) he marches by pulling his knees straight up and down

2) he actually floats around on miniature clouds.

3) he spends a lot of time buffing and "boning" the creases out of them after each wear.

Personally, I choose to believe #2. wink.gif

 

#2's close, but this is how he "rolls:"

post #4994 of 10608
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaRKle View Post

#2's close, but this is how he "rolls:"

This makes perfect sense and may explain the recent hand injury as well!!
post #4995 of 10608
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevefok View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landau View Post
 


I just dropped them off at the cobblers, but they resemble these marks:

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2

 

 

pretty sure that the stains are not cuased by blooming. It should be some dirt or stain that the previously owner didn't take proper care of.

 

IMHO, I think regular shoe care is not enough to remove those stains. May need to redye the uppers in order to make the stains going away.

 In my limited experience with calf as opposed to shell, it is VERY difficult to dye a shoe a lighter color to remove a darker stain. I have only been successful in dyeing a shoe darker to cover darker stains. The work was successful, but the overall shoe was now darker.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.