or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 332

post #4966 of 10494
Anyone know of a stockist that has color 8 tanker with antique edge on Barrie for sale or pre order? Thanks!
post #4967 of 10494
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzan View Post

Hi Alden brothers, I am deeply heartbroken to let you guys know about a tragic loss to my family today.  (Please let me know if anyone does not want this posted and I will remove it)

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

My wife's cousin passed away unexpectedly this morning, he was only 28 years old. He leaves behind his two adorable little boys, 7 and 3 years old. His sister has started a GoFundMe page to try and help with some of the funeral costs and I wanted to to share it here, if anyone feels like donating I thank you in advance. 

 

https://www.gofundme.com/j3zknn36

 

 

- Jesse

 

Sorry to hear about your loss Burzan. My deepest condolences.

post #4968 of 10494
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDotz View Post

Anyone know of a stockist that has color 8 tanker with antique edge on Barrie for sale or pre order? Thanks!

These?

http://www.alden-of-carmel.com/shoes-color-8-shell-cordovan-norwegian-front-tanker-boot-440.htm
post #4969 of 10494

You may want to call to confirm, but I purchased these boots a few months ago from AoM and they have an antique edge despite what the picture shows.

 

https://aldenmadison.com/collection/tanker-boot-color-8-shell-cordovan-40218hc/

post #4970 of 10494
Unlined snuff suede ptb, modified last

post #4971 of 10494

#8 BB unlined loafers. Can u say eggplant?

 

4oB3wDF.jpg

post #4972 of 10494
Quote:
Originally Posted by smfdoc View Post
 

I have some new shell shoes coming tomorrow and I am wondering what break-in advice experienced shell wearers can offer? I know to wear them on carpet only to test the fit, but at some point they have to get out in the world. Should they be worn straight out of the box or should they prepped in some way? My other shell shoes were already broken in when I bought them, so this will be a new experience for me.

once I decided that mine fit me well, I wore them around the house for a few days... however, mine were super comfortable right away. The most comfortable footwear I've ever had right out of the box.

post #4973 of 10494
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinngiskhaan View Post
 

once I decided that mine fit me well, I wore them around the house for a few days... however, mine were super comfortable right away. The most comfortable footwear I've ever had right out of the box.

I always where them in the office on carpet for a few weeks - this seems to compact the sole more - and the tips of the soles tend to last a lot longer as a result.   of course this means you have to change your shoes during the day!

post #4974 of 10494

BB Suede LHS

 

post #4975 of 10494

tsm saddles

it was hot today

 

 

post #4976 of 10494
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzan View Post

Hi Alden brothers, I am deeply heartbroken to let you guys know about a tragic loss to my family today.  (Please let me know if anyone does not want this posted and I will remove it)

My wife's cousin passed away unexpectedly this morning, he was only 28 years old. He leaves behind his two adorable little boys, 7 and 3 years old. His sister has started a GoFundMe page to try and help with some of the funeral costs and I wanted to to share it here, if anyone feels like donating I thank you in advance. 

https://www.gofundme.com/j3zknn36


- Jesse

Jesse, So very sorry to hear of this. My prayers are with your family. My condolences!
post #4977 of 10494

Hey guys!

 

I just got a pair of second hand Alden Shells in #8.  The person who owned these before me didnt seem to take much care of them.  I was wondering if shell bloom, left on the shoe, would turn black after a period of time as there are black marks around all the creases on the shoe. 

post #4978 of 10494
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landau View Post

Hey guys!

I just got a pair of second hand Alden Shells in #8.  The person who owned these before me didnt seem to take much care of them.  I was wondering if shell bloom, left on the shoe, would turn black after a period of time as there are black marks around all the creases on the shoe. 

I don't think blooming will turn to black mark. It'd easier if you could post some photos of your shoes.
post #4979 of 10494
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevefok View Post


I don't think blooming will turn to black mark. It'd easier if you could post some photos of your shoes.


I just dropped them off at the cobblers, but they resemble these marks:

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2

post #4980 of 10494
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landau View Post
 


I just dropped them off at the cobblers, but they resemble these marks:

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2

 

 

pretty sure that the stains are not cuased by blooming. It should be some dirt or stain that the previously owner didn't take proper care of.

 

IMHO, I think regular shoe care is not enough to remove those stains. May need to redye the uppers in order to make the stains going away.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.