or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 34

post #496 of 10520
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinM View Post
 

Not for a size 10E, unless someone just buys shoes for display.   A size 7.5EE would fetch $3000.

 

Thats interesting.  I guess a recent situation whereby I lost an opportunity to get a Ravello LWB in said size to a guy in Asia that paid 1k.

 

The shoe was an irregular and I offered to pay the going rate instead of 2nds pricing...but, to no avail....

post #497 of 10520
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post
 


On the last Seconds list there was a whiskey wingtip boot on commando 10E on that rare last 379X, and it was up on Ebay for a grand not even a week after the list came out.  "_ick" is right!

Teach the _ick a lesson.  For the hack of it, somebody should just buy the boots, wear them a few times and file a Item Not As Described Claim against the seller. Ebay ALWAYS side with the buyer.   

post #498 of 10520
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchman1 View Post
 

 

Thats interesting.  I guess a recent situation whereby I lost an opportunity to get a Ravello LWB in said size to a guy in Asia that paid 1k.

 

The shoe was an irregular and I offered to pay the going rate instead of 2nds pricing...but, to no avail....

 Maybe my logic was wrong.   Japanese Alden dealers only stock up to size 9.5.   Competition for a 10E is few but fierce.

post #499 of 10520
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilby View Post
 

Lovely collection sir.  Do you find that you get much use out of the tankers and Plaza Dr. Jones boots.

I have booth as well and find my tankers get the majority of wear.  

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryIII View Post
 

Great, diverse collection. Some classics mixed with some "exotic" make-ups. Interesting to see the color variation across some, which I assume is somewhat due to age and wear, but also vintage.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post


Nice collection of color 8. It's the best shell color. biggrin.gif

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post
 

 

Love the Grain/Ocho Saddle shoe Don. They look good with your argyles and herringbone slacks.

 

 

 

Color 8 and Black is classic and will never go out of style. Those are an amazing looking pair of boots.

 

 

 

Nice looking collection of Color 8 DV, nice balance there.

 

 

 

Very nice Buz! Looking good in your Whiskey. I am rocking my rain gear this week here, so no Whiskey today... :-(

 

 

 

Your Grains are looking very nice. Great with those Brass Eyelets.

 

 

 

Joel, your Whiskey Wingtip Boots are looking superb. Good luck with those!

 

-Mike

 

thanks for the kind words gentlemen.

gilby, same happens to me. i wear the tankers more often than the plaza indys.

sftg, :fence:

post #500 of 10520
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Yesterday...

J Crew PCT color 8 boots

 

Today...

Brownvello a la Alden of SF.  (They need some cleaning and conditioning)

 

looking good my friend. your brownvello have a c&j x rl look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSizzle View Post

I'm thinking of getting another pair of indy boots. I'd most likely snag the reverse tobacco chamois, but considering the kudu on neocork or a brown suede plain toe on the modified last. 

great boot collection. thanks for sharing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don L View Post

Blackbird via AODC Black Grain and Color 8 Saddles

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

fantastic saddles. you wear them well donl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

Alden Color 8 "Dr. Jones" Plaza Lasted Indy Boot.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

-Mike

very nice boots and combo dubs. that color is so nice.

post #501 of 10520

day 5. Alden suede

 

 

back row: white saddles x dc, white lwb x leffot, snuff indy x aom, snuff sw x ls, tan ptb x j.crew, snuff ptb.

front row: saddles x j.crew, blue tassels x unionmade, blue lwb x leffot, snuff alt wien x epaulet, snuff sw x ls.

post #502 of 10520
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSO1 View Post

I believe they have a yearly price increase.

Thanks. If an upcoming price increase is true, now would be a good time to buy those 975s that I've been thinking about...
post #503 of 10520

I'd like to buy a casual PTB to wear with denim and cords and the like (I'm covered on dressier options). Anyone have an opinion on whether to go with cxl or suede? My preference is for lined over unlined, not a deal breaker.

 

Thanks.

post #504 of 10520
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDV View Post

day 5. Alden suede






back row: white saddles x dc, white lwb x leffot, snuff indy x aom, snuff sw x ls, tan ptb x j.crew, snuff ptb.
front row: saddles x j.crew, blue tassels x unionmade, blue lwb x leffot, snuff alt wien x epaulet, snuff sw x ls.
Nice collection. I am pissed I didn't pull the trigger on those most beautiful snuff alt wien's. Must have looked at them 1000 times. Those are my fav's in your amazing collection. Chip
post #505 of 10520



Wet day here on the desert. AoM #8 that looks like Cigar ... Tanker, Antiqie Storm Welt. Heavy Ribbed BB All Cotton Tan Crew Sock, Orvis Flannel with some leather detailing, and of course 501's.
post #506 of 10520
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsasso View Post
 

I'd like to buy a casual PTB to wear with denim and cords and the like (I'm covered on dressier options). Anyone have an opinion on whether to go with cxl or suede?

 

Thanks.

 

Maybe I'm not the best person to respond with an opinion and I'm certain I'm in the minority here but since you've asked...I find the PTB to be an aesthetically offensive shoe, even on the plaza last. They remind me of something a sanitation/janitorial professional would be forced to wear for work. Just the mere thought sends egregious discomfort down my spine; pain analogous to the passing of a 2lb kidney stone. Money spent on the PTB would be better served on a Betamax collection, circa 1986. Thus I would recommend literally any style other than the PTB, suede wingtips or captoe's would be a fine choice.

post #507 of 10520
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVenneri View Post
 

 

Maybe I'm not the best person to respond with an opinion and I'm certain I'm in the minority here but since you've asked...I find the PTB to be an aesthetically offensive shoe, even on the plaza last. They remind me of something a sanitation/janitorial professional would be forced to wear for work. Just the mere thought sends egregious discomfort down my spine; pain analogous to the passing of a 2lb kidney stone. Money spent on the PTB would be better served on a Betamax collection, circa 1986. Thus I would recommend literally any style other than the PTB, suede wingtips or captoe's would be a fine choice.


I am happy read opinions from all comers, and enjoyed the graphic descriptions of your distaste.

 

I'm almost certainly still going to get a pair of PTBs though :D

post #508 of 10520
Honestly .. You can't go wrong with the Unlined PTB, looks great with everything. ^
post #509 of 10520
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSO1 View Post


Appears to be @luzer
selling those CDI last Cigar loafers here on the SF marketplace - http://www.styleforum.net/t/515551/alden-cigar-shell-cordovan-penny-loafer-cdi-last-barrie-mn-8-5-d-in-hand-nib-nyc/0_100

Wow, I price differently between the bay and SF to allow for fees but a $500 price differential seems steep.
post #510 of 10520
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVenneri View Post
 

 

Maybe I'm not the best person to respond with an opinion and I'm certain I'm in the minority here but since you've asked...I find the PTB to be an aesthetically offensive shoe, even on the plaza last. They remind me of something a sanitation/janitorial professional would be forced to wear for work. Just the mere thought sends egregious discomfort down my spine; pain analogous to the passing of a 2lb kidney stone. Money spent on the PTB would be better served on a Betamax collection, circa 1986. Thus I would recommend literally any style other than the PTB, suede wingtips or captoe's would be a fine choice.

 

Hahaha this is fantastic. I generally have the same feeling about PTB, although definitely not to the level of your disdain... admittedly, I did purchase a pair of grain PTBs (not Aldens) to use a pair of bad weather beaters for work. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.