or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 311

post #4651 of 10490
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDV View Post

black indy



Those are beautiful @MrDV! Are they modified? I don't recall a black shell Indy boot with antique edging before!

While we are on the topic, I'm thinking about putting together a gMTO for a Barrie lasted Indy boot in black shell, antique edge, commando sole, and of course hand stitched apron. PM me if anyone is interested, we'd need 10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSO1 View Post

Whiskey shortwing blucher x Harrison Ltd today.

Those are on fire @JSO1!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don L View Post

Yenni 6-eye Chukka

Beautiful 6-eye chukka Don, always love that shape.
post #4652 of 10490
Quote:
Originally Posted by zennypoo View Post


While we are on the topic, I'm thinking about putting together a gMTO for a Barrie lasted Indy boot in black shell, antique edge, commando sole, and of course hand stitched apron. PM me if anyone is interested, we'd need 10.
.

Woo hoo! Been wanting this makeup for quite some time. I'm 100% in.
post #4653 of 10490
Quote:
Originally Posted by zennypoo View Post

Those are beautiful @MrDV! Are they modified? I don't recall a black shell Indy boot with antique edging before!

While we are on the topic, I'm thinking about putting together a gMTO for a Barrie lasted Indy boot in black shell, antique edge, commando sole, and of course hand stitched apron. PM me if anyone is interested, we'd need 10.
Those are on fire @JSO1!
Beautiful 6-eye chukka Don, always love that shape.

I already tried to get a similar makeup off the ground. Alden will no longer produce black shell and antique edge boots. They say it is problematic for them although I am unsure why.

The epaulet and leffot boots are the last 2 makeups they will be doing that has black shell/antique edging.

If you hear otherwise, I am in.
post #4654 of 10490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty123 View Post

I'm on the list but I guess I didn't get a spot this time around. Oh well

I'm not on the list because I'm holding out hope for a Ravello Wingtip Boot or a Ravello Indy (in the boot department). Now I'm kicking myself for not getting on the Cigar Indy list. Ravello is the new color 4. It feels like it has been semi-retired. Time to focus on Cigar and Whiskey.
post #4655 of 10490
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

Oh yea.

Come to think of it, I do have a pair of Lobb semi-brogues that I haven't gotten around to wearing. I take them out every once in a while to make sure they still fit.

I will wear them eventually. I'm pretty sure about that.
post #4656 of 10490

I feel like I go in circles every time I want to buy a new pair...

 

Looking to figure out plaza last boot sizing:

 

My brannock size is between 7E-7EE (closer to EE). 
 
I unfortunately only have the option for 7E or 7.5D or E (Can't do 7EE otherwise that would be my best option)
 
For reference, 
7.5D Grant Captoe boots are probably a bit long and a little tight width wise
7.5E Grant Captoe boots feel even roomer length wise and just right width wise.
7D Plaza boot is very tight width wise (can't really tell length wise, but seem just right)
6.5E UK C&J 325, more then enough length, just enough width, slightly tight on right foot
 
 
Appreciate any advice!
post #4657 of 10490
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don L View Post
 

Yenni 6-eye Chukka


 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

Don, I have always had a soft spot for that particular makeup. You make them look superb as always!

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSO1 View Post
 

One of my top grails arrived a few days ago, courtesy of a friend. Ravello NST boot x TSM on Aberdeen, from the early 2015 run. The shade of Ravello on these is phenomenal.


 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

I totally thought those were Tif's also before reading the subsequent 18 posts. Wow, you lucked out. Your friend is hopefully doing okay to sell those BNIB.

 You will like my shoe choice for today... :-)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDV View Post
 

black indy

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonsmithr8 View Post
 

Hi guys,

 

Got sent pics of my preorder 975's which unfortunately had a small tear. Do you think it'll be an issue in the future (keep for discount) or should I pass on these? Thanks! 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

I do not say this very often, but I personally would return those. Thats at a flex point on the shoe and I would worry about that tear growing over time.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSO1 View Post

Whiskey shortwing blucher x Harrison Ltd today.
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Looking good, enjoy the Whiskeys.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by M635Guy View Post
 

Well I'm super excited, because today I got my Snuff WTB's from Yenni!  They look great and they are extremely well-finished.

 

Pix:


 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

With the Snuff belt from Epaulet

 

 

The finished areas of the welt look great - the pix are harsher than the reality...

 

 

Apologies for the soul-less office environment - better shots at some point...

 

Full Album: http://imgur.com/a/LJ3Pe

 

Nice Snuff WT Boots.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting View Post
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


Thanks Stefan88 for your assistance, the boots are a work of art!
fing02[1].gif

 

Killer 4060H's. Enjoy!

 

-Mike

post #4658 of 10490
Thread Starter 

In honor of incoming Whiskey NST Tanker Boots.

 

Alden Ravello NST Boot. Epaulet Silver Shadow Merino Wool Windowpane Walt Trousers.

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

-Mike

post #4659 of 10490

Complete long shot, but since we're on the topic of Cigar and rare shell, I don't suppose anyone knows of any preorders or lists for a Cigar Plain Toe Boot?

post #4660 of 10490
Hi all,

I m following this forum for a while now. I am from the Netherlands, Europe. 14OZ still has whiskey cordovan ptb's. I just returned a size 9.5e for a whiskey cordovan wing boot on commando. Call 00493028040514 and ask for Toni, his English is perfect. You can also try schuh-exclusiv-kettler.de, they still had ravello shell cap toe blutchers a few weeks ago. And this winter I was at shoes&shirts in Maastricht and they still had a Ravello captoe boot on the Grant last. I bought a cigar cordovan ptb this summer at Upper-shoes in Paris, they probably still have some sizes left. Well hope to have helped. Enjoy the shell game! It is like fishing, waiting is half the fun! Kind regards.
Edited by gertjan123 - 4/12/16 at 12:00am
post #4661 of 10490


14OZ whiskey boot. Still available in limited sizes. These boots were available since oktober 2015. The run on rare shell is/was not yet a race here.
post #4662 of 10490

What sizes are available?

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by gertjan123 View Post



14OZ whiskey boot. Still available in limited sizes. These boots were available since oktober 2015. The run on rare shell is/was not yet a race here.
post #4663 of 10490
Hi
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatszu View Post


Hi, dont know. Call Toni, phone number is in my previous post. Item is not posted on their site.
post #4664 of 10490
Quote:
Originally Posted by gertjan123 View Post

Hi all,

I m following this forum for a while now. I am from the Netherlands, Europe. 14OZ still has whiskey cordovan ptb's. I just returned a size 9.5e for a whiskey cordovan wing boot on commando. Call 00493028040514 and ask for Toni, his English is perfect. You can also try schuh-exclusiv-kettler.de, they still had ravello shell cap toe blutchers a few weeks ago. And this winter I was at shoes&shirts in Maastricht and they still had a Ravello captoe boot on the Grant last. I bought a cigar cordovan ptb this summer at Upper-shoes in Paris, they probably still have some sizes left. Well hope to have helped. Enjoy the shell game! It is like fishing, waiting is half the fun! Kind regards.


This might be the Enabler Post of the Year. :) 

 

By the way, are the wing tip boots on the Barrie last? And do you know if they have D widths? I guess I should just give them a call...


Edited by TommyB - 4/12/16 at 1:27am
post #4665 of 10490

Alden chocolate Suede Tankers 4.12

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.