Headed to NYC in 4 weeks. Planning on AOM and Citi. Both a couple blocks from the hotel. Hoping to get sized up on B & C width @ AOM and maybe in on a pre-order for something.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- brandAldentagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Indy Boot 403 Brown Chromexceltagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16More
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- topicSizingtagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
Related Forum Threads
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/16 at 11:06am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 11/4/16 at 11:41am in Classic Menswear
- Alden Black Shell Cordovan Penny Loafer Full Strap Aberdeen Single Leather 12D Last post on 7/19/15 at 2:40pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Alden Modified Last: If You Wear, or are Interested, Please Read Last post on 11/20/16 at 5:42am in Classic Menswear
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 308post #4606 of 105184/11/16 at 10:45ampost #4607 of 105184/11/16 at 11:36ampost #4608 of 105184/11/16 at 11:44amQuote:
Looks more like a small cut that polish would fix. If its a small surface cut...not likely to get worse. If its a tear...pass on them.
Stevepost #4609 of 105184/11/16 at 11:57ampost #4610 of 105184/11/16 at 11:59ampost #4611 of 105184/11/16 at 12:16pmpost #4612 of 105184/11/16 at 12:17pmpost #4613 of 105184/11/16 at 12:18pmQuote:Quote:
Thanks for the advice fellas. I thought I wrote cut instead of tear (don't know how that happened!). More pics just in case.post #4614 of 105184/11/16 at 12:21pmpost #4615 of 105184/11/16 at 12:23pmpost #4616 of 105184/11/16 at 12:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by Handcuffed
you never know...
You never know what?
Those are Whiskey PTBs for 14oz, you can see it written on the heel pad. Several European vendors run Whiskey PTBs and/or LWBs, including 14 oz. They just included the aldenmadison username mention because Alden doesn't have an Instagram of itsown.post #4617 of 105184/11/16 at 12:34pmpost #4618 of 105184/11/16 at 12:52pmQuote:
At the end of the day...this is your call. The discount would need to be at least $150 for me to keep.
These do pop up fairly often so it's your call.
I do think with the right treatment that "nick" is a small surface cut that could be glued down
then polished and might not be visible. I do not think there is any risk of tearing or getting worse.
Get the discount that makes you comfortable or a replacement pir and roll from there.
Stevepost #4619 of 105184/11/16 at 1:16pmQuote:
I would try to get to Leffot to see what they have to offer as well.
You never know what you'll find.post #4620 of 105184/11/16 at 1:51pm
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 5 seconds ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 58 seconds ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Stoffa Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 26 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent NEW Black Suede London 20 Side Zip Boots size 41.5 27 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 30 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL THRIFT/DISCOUNT STORE FIT PIC BRAGGING THREAD 39 minutes ago
- › TOD's cardholder blue alligator BNIB tods 47 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway