or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 307

post #4591 of 10517
Quote:
Originally Posted by TO Tie Guy View Post

Would a Google docs excel file work? Assign it headers such as
Leather, last, sole, shoe/boot, model, vendor, model number, special ie. Brass hardware, likely hood of being remade..etc.

Would that work?


Maybe also include past and latest deliveries to get an idea of turnaround time? I know its more of less a complete crapshoot but it might be an interesting stat. 

post #4592 of 10517
Cool idea.
For exotics, I've always wanted to know how many pairs were made per run.
post #4593 of 10517
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDV View Post

Cool idea.
For exotics, I've always wanted to know how many pairs were made per run.

 

I'd guess that will be hard to reliably know, and some retailers will be very tight with the information...

post #4594 of 10517

black indy

 

post #4595 of 10517

Hi guys,

 

Got sent pics of my preorder 975's which unfortunately had a small tear. Do you think it'll be an issue in the future (keep for discount) or should I pass on these? Thanks! 

 

post #4596 of 10517
Pass
post #4597 of 10517
@MrDV looking superb!
post #4598 of 10517
Whiskey shortwing blucher x Harrison Ltd today.

post #4599 of 10517
Quote:
Originally Posted by totalair1 View Post

Let's be honest...life is not fair and neither is rare shell. When there is 12 pairs of a makeup there's no way you can take care of everyone. If you have customers who do a lot of business with you...that's the ones that should be taken care of if a list is not in place.

I certainly hope nobody expects retailers to follow some system we think is "fair" or "just". How about we do the Bernie system? Everyone who has more 2 or more pairs of rare shell must give to those who don't. Specially #4 and #2...lets see how that works. How about a lottery...everybody submits their name and some random guy gets lucky and wins then flips them for 4X retail...well here comes the bitching anyway. For God's sake this is America...lets leave who wins or loses in scoring rare shell alone. Let each retailer do whatever the hell they want to and not turn that into a Socialist operation too! Oh wait...the existing Prez said its not their business, never mind they built it. Let's just give away our shell shoes and boots to those more in need. They can flip for big bucks and go buy booze and crack and everybody is happy.

That's what we've been discussing righteous and fair...lets roll!

Steve

deleted. because i thought better of it.

post #4600 of 10517

Well I'm super excited, because today I got my Snuff WTB's from Yenni!  They look great and they are extremely well-finished.

 

Pix:

 

 

With the Snuff belt from Epaulet

 

 

The finished areas of the welt look great - the pix are harsher than the reality...

 

 

Apologies for the soul-less office environment - better shots at some point...

 

Full Album: http://imgur.com/a/LJ3Pe


Edited by M635Guy - 4/11/16 at 3:02pm
post #4601 of 10517


Thanks Stefan88 for your assistance, the boots are a work of art!
fing02[1].gif
post #4602 of 10517
Quote:
Originally Posted by M635Guy View Post
 

Well I'm super excited, because today I got my Snuff WTB's from Yenni!  They look great and they are extremely well-finished.

 

Pix:

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

With the Snuff belt from Epaulet

 

 

The finished areas of the welt look great - the pix are harsher than the reality...

 

 

Apologies for the soul-less office environment - better shots at some point...

 

 

 

 

Full Album:

 

Awesome boot! Congrats.

post #4603 of 10517

Was in NYC for a few days, stopped in at CitiShoes, Alden Madison, and Leffot. All great shops, all pretty different.

 

Managed to avoid buying any more Aldens, as I just took delivery of "Bristol" black shell boots and "Cooney" snuff suede PCT boots from Leffot. I did end up ordering a pair of burgundy shell Galways, which will be my first pair from EG...whoops.

 

In terms of rare shell, CitiShoes had a few cap toe balmorals in Cigar left over (only really small and large sizes, like 7 and 13), AoM had nothing, and Leffot had nothing (except the Whiskey tankers that came in, which I got to see, but they were all pre-sold).

 

Definitely worth the visit when in New York.

post #4604 of 10517
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonsmithr8 View Post

Hi guys,

Got sent pics of my preorder 975's which unfortunately had a small tear. Do you think it'll be an issue in the future (keep for discount) or should I pass on these? Thanks! 



Those most likely should be 2nds. This my 975s that have a small cut on the eyestay. They're Irregulars.
post #4605 of 10517
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSO1 View Post

Was in NYC for a few days, stopped in at CitiShoes, Alden Madison, and Leffot. All great shops, all pretty different.

Managed to avoid buying any more Aldens, as I just took delivery of "Bristol" black shell boots and "Cooney" snuff suede PCT boots from Leffot. I did end up ordering a pair of burgundy shell Galways, which will be my first pair from EG...whoops.

In terms of rare shell, CitiShoes had a few cap toe balmorals in Cigar left over (only really small and large sizes, like 7 and 13), AoM had nothing, and Leffot had nothing (except the Whiskey tankers that came in, which I got to see, but they were all pre-sold).

Definitely worth the visit when in New York.

Damn. I'll be in nyc later this week and was hoping i might run into something off chance at AoM haha. That's fine though, I was planning on getting some 990s to round out my 'classic' Alden collection in the stable.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.