or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 291  

post #4351 of 11793

#8, plaza, antique

 

i'll take any 2 but not all 3

post #4352 of 11793
Quote:
Originally Posted by M635Guy View Post

...but they show the previous version with hidden eyelets and a flat welt.  I'm not trying to stir controversy, but I'd like to have it rendered explicit.  If someone else is calling them I'll avoid doubling up, but I'd like to hear specific answers...

I think they only used the previous alt wein design to get a better sense of color. Copy says 360 reverse, so it's gonna be a storm welt which is how the other Innsbruck designs have been. Should be a nice causal make up, but I like the previous design better myself.
post #4353 of 11793
Quote:
Originally Posted by M635Guy View Post
 

 

...but they show the previous version with hidden eyelets and a flat welt.  I'm not trying to stir controversy, but I'd like to have it rendered explicit.  If someone else is calling them I'll avoid doubling up, but I'd like to hear specific answers...

Innsbruck Color #8 Shell Cordovan Alt Wien:  $695 - 12 units
(as pictured in the mockup)
Upper: Horween Color #8 Shell Cordovan (see inset shoe for correct leather color)
Outsole:  "Commando" sole with reverse 360-degree welt and antique edge trim.
Matched metal eyes
Last: Barrie 

 

I think the inset is only to show a proper rendering of the leather. All the other details are consistent with their Innsbruck models. No harm in calling, though, I suppose!

post #4354 of 11793

Any suggestions on where I should check for a whiskey LHS? I'm on a ton of lists at The ShoeMart...is that my best bet? 

post #4355 of 11793
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwanon View Post
 
Innsbruck Color #8 Shell Cordovan Alt Wien:  $695 - 12 units
(as pictured in the mockup)
Upper: Horween Color #8 Shell Cordovan (see inset shoe for correct leather color)
Outsole:  "Commando" sole with reverse 360-degree welt and antique edge trim.
Matched metal eyes
Last: Barrie 

 

I think the inset is only to show a proper rendering of the leather. All the other details are consistent with their Innsbruck models. No harm in calling, though, I suppose!

It's the "As Pictured in the mockup" part that is screwing me up.  They should state "Color 8 leather as pictured, other details include... etc."

post #4356 of 11793

Hearing no responses from an earlier post, I shall ask again if any of the forum members have any recent experience with the amount of time needed to receive a shoe that is not in stock at the factory? I just do not wish to pay for a shoe and then it to take over a year. Thanks.

post #4357 of 11793
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikW View Post
 

Any suggestions on where I should check for a whiskey LHS? I'm on a ton of lists at The ShoeMart...is that my best bet? 

 

TheShoeMart is your best bet.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by smfdoc View Post
 

Hearing no responses from an earlier post, I shall ask again if any of the forum members have any recent experience with the amount of time needed to receive a shoe that is not in stock at the factory? I just do not wish to pay for a shoe and then it to take over a year. Thanks.

 

4-6 months.

post #4358 of 11793
Quote:
Originally Posted by smfdoc View Post
 

Hearing no responses from an earlier post, I shall ask again if any of the forum members have any recent experience with the amount of time needed to receive a shoe that is not in stock at the factory? I just do not wish to pay for a shoe and then it to take over a year. Thanks.

 

It really depends, and the stockist is at the mercy of Alden.  Some waits are short, some are sorta short (I should be getting a pair I ordered in Sept. any day now) and some are 1-3 years...

 

It's kinda crazy, but...

post #4359 of 11793
Just got my invoice for Whiskey Tankers...its been a long wait.
post #4360 of 11793
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel28 View Post

Just got my invoice for Whiskey Tankers...its been a long wait.
For most of us the long wait sure beats NEVER. 😏 Looking forward to pics...
post #4361 of 11793
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel28 View Post

Just got my invoice for Whiskey Tankers...its been a long wait.

what is this about whiskey tankers?
post #4362 of 11793
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenLeaman View Post


I picked one up from @Leffot in "rust" which is seemingly cigar. I paired it with my Grand Seiko SBGA057. Here's a link to their site alas they don't have ravello or whiskey though.

https://leffot.com/shop/index.php/accessories/watch-straps/strap-sc-cordovan.html

Some pics...


You could check with SF member @Deusis too. He may be able to hook you up!

First of all, Congrats! 

 

That's a very nice strap and an especially remarkable GS. Do you find shell to be warmer than leather bands on your wrist? I ask this because shell tend to wear warmer than calf skin. Also does the strap bloom? 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzan View Post


eBay.de (Search "shell cordovan 20mm" etc) will hook you up. Bought a whiskey Fluco and two color 8 bands there. Great bands and not one was over $50 shipped, my latest color 8 was only $35 shipped (pictured below). The color 8 bands even turned out to be Nomos straps, I believe the seller had them as seconds possibly.

20mm: http://www.ebay.de/sch/i.html?_odkw=shell+cordovan+2omm&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xshell+cordovan+20mm.TRS0&_nkw=shell+cordovan+20mm&_sacat=0

22mm: http://www.ebay.de/sch/i.html?_odkw=shell+cordovan+20mm&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xshell+cordovan+22mm.TRS0&_nkw=shell+cordovan+22mm&_sacat=0


 

Wow, how do you like the quality of it? At that price, it can't be beat! I was looking at shell straps and most of them were in the $100 range, which I'm okay with as well. But hey, $50 is even better!  

 

How are they making their margins when everybody is charging $100 a pop? You find the quality to be similar to Horween Shell? 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post
 

 

I guess that I will jump into this conversation as well. I have the RIOS 1931 Natural Shell Cordovan watch strap (22mm) with an adapter kit for my Apple Watch. After approximately daily wear since October 14th, its probably closer in color to Ravello now than Whiskey. :-)

 

I personally would buy my next one from Jesse (GuardedGoods or @Deusis).

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Thanks for the recommendation! Your strap looks really good. 

post #4363 of 11793
Quote:
Originally Posted by budapest12 View Post

For most of us the long wait sure beats NEVER. 😏 Looking forward to pics...

Thanks brother, thing is..I might unload them and use the funds towards another pair of GG frown.gif.

I will regret selling those whiskey unicorns though.
post #4364 of 11793
I just got a tracking number... icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gifbiggrin.gif
post #4365 of 11793
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwanon View Post
 
Innsbruck Color #8 Shell Cordovan Alt Wien:  $695 - 12 units
(as pictured in the mockup)
Upper: Horween Color #8 Shell Cordovan (see inset shoe for correct leather color)
Outsole:  "Commando" sole with reverse 360-degree welt and antique edge trim.
Matched metal eyes
Last: Barrie 

 

I think the inset is only to show a proper rendering of the leather. All the other details are consistent with their Innsbruck models. No harm in calling, though, I suppose!

I have these in CXL. They're incredibly versatile, probably my most worn shoe. Tempting to have them in 8 as well, but having the exact same makeup in 2 dark leathers is probably a little frivilous.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.