Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- brandAldentagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Indy Boot 403 Brown Chromexceltagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16More
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- topicSizingtagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
Related Forum Threads
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/16 at 11:06am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 11/4/16 at 11:41am in Classic Menswear
- Alden Black Shell Cordovan Penny Loafer Full Strap Aberdeen Single Leather 12D Last post on 7/19/15 at 2:40pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Alden Modified Last: If You Wear, or are Interested, Please Read Last post on 11/20/16 at 5:42am in Classic Menswear
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 278post #4157 of 104903/29/16 at 5:48pmQuote:Originally Posted by masaccio
, I'm in a similar boat to you, but a half size down (9.5d vs 9d, l-r).
I have LWB in 9E, which are probably the best-fitted pair I have.
I went with 9.5D for my J. Crew PCT, and there is definitely a lot more room and rolls on my right foot in that pair.
We could probably pool together others with similar fits and swap shoes. Anybody out there a 9D/9.5D (l-r) who wants to go in on a few pairs of shoes??
Hahaha I love that idea! Styleforum Alden shoe share lolpost #4158 of 104903/29/16 at 5:48pmI got a different German breed, the dachshund. Love my little puppy dog. :-)
I had one too!
A brown short-haired mini,
He took over our Sicilian household with His love and affection.
We had another dog and two cats during that time. Fritz was the smallest, but, the King!
What a personality.....
Enjoy you're l'il critter!post #4159 of 104903/29/16 at 6:57pmQuote:
My daughter's braces are taking its toll on my Alden collection!post #4160 of 104903/29/16 at 6:59pmpost #4161 of 104903/29/16 at 7:05pmpost #4162 of 104903/29/16 at 7:44pmQuote:
About $50 retail for the trees and bags.post #4163 of 104903/29/16 at 7:47pmpost #4164 of 104903/29/16 at 8:29pmpost #4165 of 104903/29/16 at 10:15pmpost #4166 of 104903/30/16 at 4:40amQuote:
I have been blessed to land some awesome make ups!
Prepaid on the AOM Ravello WT boots about 2 years ago.
Hopefully Ravello hide is about to hatch since it's Spring!
I've seen some mighty fine make ups rolling on your feet too.,
Stevepost #4167 of 104903/30/16 at 5:02ampost #4168 of 104903/30/16 at 5:05amQuote:Originally Posted by ClassyCanuck
Here is an email I received from Alden this afternoon after I sent them the pictures I posted earlier.
"Hello Mr. M,
That information is not true, we will still restore your shoes, as long as the cobbler didn’t damage.
Please send to:
Alden Shoe Co
1 Taunton St
Middleboro, MA 02346
Enclose all contact information, shipping address, and Visa/MasterCard for payment.
The cost is $169.00 plus any shipping charges to and from Canada. "
Please note, her first line is referring to my questions about Alden not replacing the soles due to the replaced heels done by my local cobbler.
Hopefully the turnaround time will not be too long of a wait... fingers crossed.
Thank you for providing accurate information! I knew from experience they took such shoes and worse, as I have alternated between the factory and an excellent local cobbler for my resoles over many years. Cheers.post #4169 of 104903/30/16 at 5:05amQuote:
I generally prefer to wear black shoes if I'm wearing a black suit, but color #8 is often dark enough that it would probably look fine. At the end of the day, it's up to you. Your personal style and preference is yours to determine.post #4170 of 104903/30/16 at 5:27am
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?
- › 2016-17 College Football Season Threak 1 minute ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 4 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 6 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 24 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 35 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 35 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 45 minutes ago
- › House of Kydos - Official Affiliate Thread 52 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 1 hour, 3 minutes ago
- › Nigel Cabourn 1 hour, 7 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway