Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- brandAldentagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Indy Boot 403 Brown Chromexceltagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16More
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- topicSizingtagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
Related Forum Threads
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/16 at 11:06am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 11/4/16 at 11:41am in Classic Menswear
- Alden Black Shell Cordovan Penny Loafer Full Strap Aberdeen Single Leather 12D Last post on 7/19/15 at 2:40pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Alden Modified Last: If You Wear, or are Interested, Please Read Last post on 11/20/16 at 5:42am in Classic Menswear
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 269post #4021 of 105073/25/16 at 12:15pmpost #4022 of 105073/25/16 at 12:38pmQuote:Originally Posted by mdubs
Friday. Alden x LeatherSoul Ravello NST Monk Straps on the Hampton Last. CHUP Socks via Epaulet. Gustin Charcoal Organic Hemp Selvedge Denim.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Have a good, Good Friday!
-Mikepost #4023 of 105073/25/16 at 1:03pmpost #4024 of 105073/25/16 at 1:12pmpost #4025 of 105073/25/16 at 2:06pmpost #4026 of 105073/25/16 at 3:22pmpost #4027 of 105073/25/16 at 3:36pmpost #4028 of 105073/25/16 at 4:07pmpost #4029 of 105073/25/16 at 4:20pmPretty interesting how Alden picks and chooses who gets their stock makeups and has to wait years for a custom order versus who gets to design their own models pretty quickly. There are a few stores up here who have waited years to get Alden in stock and other than an Indy boot and tassel nothing much comes through. Shell.. haha that's not happening anytime soon.post #4030 of 105073/25/16 at 4:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by TO Tie Guy
Pretty interesting how Alden picks and chooses who gets their stock makeups and has to wait years for a custom order versus who gets to design their own models pretty quickly. There are a few stores up here who have waited years to get Alden in stock and other than an Indy boot and tassel nothing much comes through. Shell.. haha that's not happening anytime soon.
I will be in Toronto for a long weekend in 2 weeks. Any Alden stores worth checking out while i'm there?post #4031 of 105073/25/16 at 5:10pmQuote:
Lost and Found has a couple of models. They are in a hip part of the city.
Leatherfoot has stock models, no shell, but they carry Edward Green and have some Galway's so you won't be looking at the Alden's anyway! It's a lovely shop, highly suggest you check it out!post #4032 of 105073/25/16 at 5:25pmThread StarterQuote:
Thanks guys! I am very excited to have these, these were always on my unobtainable grail list. They are indeed the 2010 LeatherSoul variant. I was very lucky to catch them right away and hit Buy It Now. I had to clean them up some, which delayed my wearing of them due to my hand injury, but they are now gloriously Ravello'y.
Full photos are here. Will be mirrored on AoSD soon as well.
Shoe Trees were a gift from a SF friend. This pair felt worthy of them.
-Mikepost #4033 of 105073/25/16 at 5:36pmpost #4034 of 105073/25/16 at 6:10pmThread Starterpost #4035 of 105073/25/16 at 6:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by Alden of Carmel
Hello Fellow Alden Fans
I am pleased to announce the coming of Brogue gentlemen’s shop in Menlo Park, California.
Brogue will feature two of my all-time favorite menswear brands: Alden Shoes and Robert Talbott Shirts. Brogue will open carrying over 15 different styles of Alden shoes and over 20 styles of California-made Robert Talbott sport shirts designed jointly by Brogue's owner Mack, and Mark Calder, head of design at Robert Talbott. I was privileged to be present while these shirts were being designed, and they are going to be some of the most beautiful shirts in the world.
Brogue’s grand opening is planned for Friday, April 15th, and Saturday, April 16th. Representatives from Alden (Fri/Sat) and Robert Talbott (Sat) will be on hand. If you are in the area, please come by, see the new store, and meet the owners Mack and Momo. (781 Santa Cruz Ave.)
For further information, you can reach Mack via his Instagram accounts:
Congrats! This is great news.My money is ready. :-)
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 4 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 6 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 7 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 8 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 8 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 11 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 18 minutes ago
- › Riccardo Bestetti Bespoke projects. 18 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 18 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway