or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 255

post #3811 of 10683
I have no trouble with the Van, much less than other lasts. I'm a 10.5E Brannock without socks and find the 10.5D Van fits me just perfectly. Better than most other shoes I have.
post #3812 of 10683
Polish or cream? Looking at Saphir and Alden shoe care. What do you guys use? Polish or cream? I'm thinking the polish for my shell cordovan and cream for calf? Opinions welcome!
post #3813 of 10683
I'm a 10.5E Barrie and a 10.5EE Van last. 11E Aberdeen.
post #3814 of 10683
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by swils8610 View Post

Polish or cream? Looking at Saphir and Alden shoe care. What do you guys use? Polish or cream? I'm thinking the polish for my shell cordovan and cream for calf? Opinions welcome!

Use as little product on your Shell as possible. I just use Alden Paste Wax on my shoes and only once every dozen wearings.

-Mike
post #3815 of 10683

ravello nst

 

 

post #3816 of 10683
I'm dying for some exotic Alden's!
post #3817 of 10683

Originally Posted by MrDV View Post

 

ravello nst

 

 

 

"Gene Tenace at the plate..."

 

post #3818 of 10683

Neocork vs. Commando sole.

 

For those having experience with both, which one is softer?  I don't want to go too soft like Vibram or Crepe. Thanks.

post #3819 of 10683
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolarrow View Post
 

Neocork vs. Commando sole.

 

For those having experience with both, which one is softer?  I don't want to go too soft like Vibram or Crepe. Thanks.

 

Hmmm...I have both and have walked around plenty in both.  They are both pretty forgiving soles.  If I had it to do over again, I'd probably get my Indy in a commando sole since it offers slightly better traction in some situations. They're both good IMHO.

post #3820 of 10683
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolarrow View Post
 

Neocork vs. Commando sole.

 

For those having experience with both, which one is softer?  I don't want to go too soft like Vibram or Crepe. Thanks.


I prefer the commando sole; it's much easier on my knees.  Good solid traction and very comfortable.

post #3821 of 10683

Going with color 8 PTBs (very reddish) to support my Terps at an NCAA watch party.  My friends, Fear the Turtle!

post #3822 of 10683
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchman1 View Post
 

Gentlemen,

 

Hope you don't mind a shot of these:

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
photo image.jpg6_zps0ugfqiye.jpg

 

 

Alden Ravello Day-Trippers.

 

Happy Saturday!

Wow!!

post #3823 of 10683
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDV View Post
 

ravello nst


 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

DV, those are just looking glorious, especially with those Turquoise Walts. Nice Swingset.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post
 

Going with color 8 PTBs (very reddish) to support my Terps at an NCAA watch party.  My friends, Fear the Turtle!

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

Those PTBs are indeed very red, but still a nice color. Actually could almost pass off as Color #2. :-)

 

Hope that you had a good time watching B-Ball today.

 

-Mike

post #3824 of 10683
Thread Starter 

Suede Saturday. Alden x Leffot Snuff Suede Wingtip Boot on the Plaza Last. Gustin Graphite Chinos.

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

Leisure Sunday. Alden x Brooks Brothers Pure Unlined Whiskey Shell Cordovan Leisure Handsewn. Brown Argyles. Epaulet Caramel Duck Canvas Rivet Chinos.

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

-Mike

post #3825 of 10683
Quote:
Originally Posted by M635Guy View Post

Hmmm...I have both and have walked around plenty in both.  They are both pretty forgiving soles.  If I had it to do over again, I'd probably get my Indy in a commando sole since it offers slightly better traction in some situations. They're both good IMHO.

Pretty much my exact experience.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.