or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 254

post #3796 of 10774
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchman1 View Post
 

Gentlemen,

 

Hope you don't mind a shot of these:

 

photo image.jpg6_zps0ugfqiye.jpg

 

Alden Ravello Day-Trippers.

 

Happy Saturday!

 

delicious!  got me thinking about caramel apples (the kind illustrated in recipe books, not the ones I make haha)

post #3797 of 10774
Speaking of brushes (and having multiples of), does anyone have a recommendation for good, relatively inexpensive, brushes?

I feel like most that I see are either cheap, synthetic bristled numbers or these ultra-luxe jobs, backed with unicorn horn and made from American Pharoah.
post #3798 of 10774
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLW View Post

Speaking of brushes (and having multiples of), does anyone have a recommendation for good, relatively inexpensive, brushes?

I feel like most that I see are either cheap, synthetic bristled numbers or these ultra-luxe jobs, backed with unicorn horn and made from American Pharoah.

 

I ordered the 8" Rochester Pro Shine Brush from Amazon, which is less than $16.  Been very happy with them.

post #3799 of 10774
Anyone using brushes from The Hanger Project?
post #3800 of 10774

what happened to mahogany shell? 

post #3801 of 10774
Quote:
Originally Posted by swils8610 View Post

Anyone using brushes from The Hanger Project?


I have the Hanger Project Suede Brush.  And it works pretty well.

post #3802 of 10774

Anyone with experience with the Van last vs Barrie last?  Would I be able to fit into a Van last suede penny loafer in the same size as my Barrie last boot size?  9.5D brannock, 9D Barrie last, considering buying a 9D Van last unlined penny loafer.

post #3803 of 10774
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchman1 View Post

Gentlemen,

Hope you don't mind a shot of these:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
photo image.jpg6_zps0ugfqiye.jpg


Alden Ravello Day-Trippers.

Happy Saturday!
Don't mind a shot, they're beautiful! Also wouldn't mind having a pair myself...
post #3804 of 10774
I think they fit similar in the same size.
Quote:
Originally Posted by devastitis View Post

Anyone with experience with the Van last vs Barrie last?  Would I be able to fit into a Van last suede penny loafer in the same size as my Barrie last boot size?  9.5D brannock, 9D Barrie last, considering buying a 9D Van last unlined penny loafer.
post #3805 of 10774
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by devastitis View Post

Anyone with experience with the Van last vs Barrie last?  Would I be able to fit into a Van last suede penny loafer in the same size as my Barrie last boot size?  9.5D brannock, 9D Barrie last, considering buying a 9D Van last unlined penny loafer.

The traditional logic behind the Van and Barrie Last is that you size down a half size from your Brannock size.

For reference, I am a 10.5C TTS and wear 10.5B Barrie and 10C Van. But most would be a 10.5D and wear 10D Barrie and Van.

With the traditional logic put out, the Van Last is probably the most three dimensional of all Alden shoes and many struggle with the relatively low vamp on the LHS. Just a heads up.

-Mike
post #3806 of 10774
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

Conservation boots. Super Comfy out of the box
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchman1 View Post

Gentlemen,

Hope you don't mind a shot of these:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
photo image.jpg6_zps0ugfqiye.jpg

Alden Ravello Day-Trippers.

Happy Saturday!

Two nice looking Cap Toe Boots!

-Mike
post #3807 of 10774
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

The traditional logic behind the Van and Barrie Last is that you size down a half size from your Brannock size.

For reference, I am a 10.5C TTS and wear 10.5B Barrie and 10C Van. But most would be a 10.5D and wear 10D Barrie and Van.

With the traditional logic put out, the Van Last is probably the most three dimensional of all Alden shoes and many struggle with the relatively low vamp on the LHS. Just a heads up.

-Mike

Agreed. I wear a 9D in Barrie, just a little bit snug across the vamp, but can't get my foot into a van lasted shoe of any width because of the low vamp.
post #3808 of 10774
I wear Barrie 10d, van 10.5d.
post #3809 of 10774
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDV View Post

I wear Barrie 10d, van 10.5d.

The Van last is a tough one to get right. I need to size up from Barrie to fit into Van as well.
post #3810 of 10774
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevisIsland View Post

The Van last is a tough one to get right. I need to size up from Barrie to fit into Van as well.

Exactly, that's why I do 10C Van, it just gives me enough width for the shoe to fit over the top of my foot. Normally I wear 10.5B on the more generous lasts.

-Mike
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.