Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- brandAldentagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Indy Boot 403 Brown Chromexceltagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16More
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- topicSizingtagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
Related Forum Threads
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/16 at 11:06am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- Alden Black Shell Cordovan Penny Loafer Full Strap Aberdeen Single Leather 12D Last post on 7/19/15 at 2:40pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Alden Modified Last: If You Wear, or are Interested, Please Read Last post on 3/19/17 at 1:30pm in Classic Menswear
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 251post #3751 of 117933/18/16 at 12:54pmpost #3752 of 117933/18/16 at 1:07pm
Since those are too big for me, I would sell the UI from leather soul. I own those but cxl doesn't appeal to me a ton anymore.
I would also sell the black shell because I don't do much black in my wardrobe.
The last one is a toss up but maybe the ironside or the og. I have the ironside and like them but they don't get out much because of the color.
I've never owned the original 405 and sometimes I think I should because I own a lot of indys but there's always a different makeup I would rather get.post #3753 of 117933/18/16 at 1:58pmpost #3754 of 117933/18/16 at 2:01pmpost #3755 of 117933/18/16 at 2:02pmpost #3756 of 117933/18/16 at 2:27pmpost #3757 of 117933/18/16 at 2:32pmpost #3758 of 117933/18/16 at 3:15pmpost #3759 of 117933/18/16 at 3:24pmpost #3760 of 117933/18/16 at 3:26pm
Hello Alden thread! This afternoon I thrifted a pair of what I believe are the "Straight Tip Blucher" in Color 8 Cordovan on the Aberdeen Last style number 2160 judging from the Alden catalog on aldenshoe.com. I'm an Allen Edmonds guy so I'm not familiar with the Alden models and if that's the appropriate name for this shoe or not. I was hoping to ask a few question to you fine gentlemen about this shoe.
1) The printed style number in the shoe is actually "21605" not "2160" and my only info about interpreting these numbers comes from the guide at the start of this thread. An extra digit there is not mentioned. Can anybody elaborate on what this 5 means?
2) While these don't appear to have been maintained for some time, the soles are only modestly worn and I think the shoes will bounce right back once I put in the appropriate Shell care. However, seeing as I don't wear a size 10 E I'll be planning on selling them and I'm concerned about a patch of leather that appears to be sewn into the heel. I'll attach some pictures here but basically it's a leather scrap stitched around the heel that extends far enough to cover up the style number and sizing information. I had to gently pull it back just to read the numbers and take these photos. Is this ever normal practice or Alden or was this done by a cobbler by the original owner of these shoes? They don't seem worn enough to need whatever repair this could be doing so I'm just confused why it was done. I imagine it will likely hurt the value of this pair which is disappointing.post #3761 of 117933/18/16 at 4:05pmpost #3762 of 117933/18/16 at 5:26pmpost #3763 of 117933/18/16 at 8:03pmpost #3764 of 117933/18/16 at 8:51pmWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:Originally Posted by Burzan
Doing a shoe box originals week on my IG page @sartorialsketches (in case you want to follow, thanks if you already do)
Come check it out and let me know if any of your other fav shoe boxes need the sketch treatment!
Wearing snuff chukkas today, slippers at the office basically.
Wondering if it would be ok I could use that box as my avatar. Totally understand if you object.post #3765 of 117933/18/16 at 8:58pmQuote:Originally Posted by Disco Volante
The tan country calf cap toe boots have arrived from Yenni: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I thoroughly enjoy your photography skills. I wish I had responded more in the past. Please continue posting your work.
This thread is locked
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?
- › NIKE Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion 6 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Definitive Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 9 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 22 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 22 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 25 minutes ago
- › Yellow Hook Appreciation Thread 29 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 33 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS 17 33 minutes ago
- › Netflix instant movie suggestions 34 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...