or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 226

post #3376 of 10638
#8 LHS
Good (kinda?): Some rando dude at work complimented me on my pants.
Creepy: While in the men's room. At least it was at the sink.
post #3377 of 10638

How do you like the LHS?

 

I fit really well with Barrie, but have a LHS that kinda experiencing heel slippage after a month....And when it gets better, I found that walk a long distance is painful...

 

Doesn't experience that kind of trouble with PTB in both shell and chormexcel..

post #3378 of 10638
Thank to all (too many to list) of my SF pals for the kindness and prayers you've extended to my family and me over the past few days. You know who you are. I can feel the love and it's greatly appreciated... Chippy
post #3379 of 10638
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipshot View Post

Thank to all (too many to list) of my SF pals for the kindness and prayers you've extended to my family and me over the past few days. You know who you are. I can feel the love and it's greatly appreciated... Chippy

best wishes for your family chippy
post #3380 of 10638
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSO1 View Post

How is it cool to post a secret list on Facebook when there is an established e-mail distribution list for these?

EDIT - in a private, invitation-only group, I should add.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMD500 View Post

Well shucks...now that I know there is this private facebook group, I would sure love to be on it. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabru View Post


Secret FB group - by invite only , never knew about that. Sorry can't help it but relate to the plot out of Dan Brown novel (I'm a fan of his work), this group sounds like 'Priory of Sion' ..

Guys, it is not a secret. They posted it on their Instagram maybe a year ago. Anyone who pinged and said they were interested received an invite.
post #3381 of 10638
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMD500 View Post

Can you guys comment on the 379X Last? This is a new one to me. What does it fit like? 

I have a pair of boots on 379X. Made for the Japanese market. Also known as the military last (I think). Very comfortable. I went with Barrie sizing (0.5 down from TTS).
post #3382 of 10638
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post

#8 LHS
Good (kinda?): Some rando dude at work complimented me on my pants.
Creepy: While in the men's room. At least it was at the sink. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


I'll comment on the shoes... Amazing color on those LHS'!
post #3383 of 10638
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmallo15 View Post


I have a pair of boots on 379X. Made for the Japanese market. Also known as the military last (I think). Very comfortable. I went with Barrie sizing (0.5 down from TTS).O

Interesting, I had not seen it before. Guess that makes sense if its primarily for the Japanese market. Can you post a pic? How would you describe the fit? I know the Japanese are really into the modified last as well, does it have a similar banana shape? I ask because there seemed to be a lot of TSM seconds with this last in my size this time around.

 

Thanks!

post #3384 of 10638
I have a comparison in some of my old posts in the old Alden thread. Search for 379X in that thread.
post #3385 of 10638

I've got a sizing question for you guys.  How do the Camp Moc's fit, I can't find what last they're on?  All of my Alden's happen to be Van or Barrie and are all a perfect 8D.  The Camp Moc's keep popping up on the 8D seconds list and at $189, I think they may be worth checking out.  

post #3386 of 10638
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmallo15 View Post




Guys, it is not a secret. They posted it on their Instagram maybe a year ago. Anyone who pinged and said they were interested received an invite.

Oooh the plot thins...
post #3387 of 10638
I still haven't received the 2nds email for 8.5D. Would someone on the list be kind enough to forward it to me? Thanks!
post #3388 of 10638
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipshot View Post

Thank to all (too many to list) of my SF pals for the kindness and prayers you've extended to my family and me over the past few days. You know who you are. I can feel the love and it's greatly appreciated... Chippy
Chippy, best wishes to you and your wife. You have my thoughts and prayers.
post #3389 of 10638
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkp2k View Post

I still haven't received the 2nds email for 8.5D. Would someone on the list be kind enough to forward it to me? Thanks!

 

Have you checked your spam folder? That's where mine ended up. 

post #3390 of 10638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavilan View Post

Have you checked your spam folder? That's where mine ended up. 

Yep, that is usually the first thing I check as well, but nothing. Thank you though!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.