Outstanding makeup Saz. This boot keeps growing on me. Looks so comfortable ...
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- brandAldentagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Indy Boot 403 Brown Chromexceltagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16More
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- topicSizingtagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
Related Forum Threads
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/16 at 11:06am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 11/4/16 at 11:41am in Classic Menswear
- Alden Black Shell Cordovan Penny Loafer Full Strap Aberdeen Single Leather 12D Last post on 7/19/15 at 2:40pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Alden Modified Last: If You Wear, or are Interested, Please Read Last post on 11/20/16 at 5:42am in Classic Menswear
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 217post #3242 of 104813/5/16 at 1:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by shunted22
What's the best way to contact Alden- is there an email?
I have a pair of Indys I've had for about 4 months and they're pretty much falling apart prematurely IMO. Do others think this is normal or it would be reasonable to ask them to fix?
Just to follow up, Alden agreed to recraft if I brought back to AoM. I didn't get out completely unscathed though, picked this up-
Should go nicely with these I got from UMpost #3243 of 104813/5/16 at 1:56pmpost #3244 of 104813/5/16 at 2:15pmpost #3245 of 104813/5/16 at 2:23pmpost #3246 of 104813/5/16 at 4:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by M635Guy
Quote:Originally Posted by Fawkes007
Allen Edmonds has decent horsehair brushes for not too much.
After I wear my cordos, I let them cool off a bit, then put the shoe trees in, then put them in the Alden shoe bags (they come with those so you don't need to buy them) and you're done. You may want to spritz a little water on a washcloth and wipe them down (gently) before and after each wear. From what I've been told, less is more in terms of upkeep of your cordos. There are all kinds of videos on youtube and such that will give you a good idea for maintenance.
I hope the shoes work out for you - my PTB shells, as are all my Aldens, fantastic shoes. Make sure the fit is right for you (wear them indoors and only on carpet - don't crease them).
Hope this helps.
I like the AE brushes except they are pretty small. I always seem to get a little careless and bonk the shoes, so I've moved to 8" brushes. This one has been awesome for me:
I have three of those brushes - one for the quick brushing at the beginning and end of the day, one for shoe care with brown and one for clear. I have one of the smaller AE brushes dedicated for shoe care with my single pair of black shoes, and another AE brush I take when I travel.
Yes, I have a brush problem. It isn't worse than my shoe problem.
I just ordered two of these!post #3247 of 104813/5/16 at 4:06pmpost #3248 of 104813/5/16 at 4:40pmpost #3249 of 104813/5/16 at 4:48pmpost #3250 of 104813/5/16 at 5:21pmpost #3251 of 104813/5/16 at 6:00pmpost #3252 of 104813/5/16 at 8:26pmQuote:
This is word-for-word from a retailer who won't be named. The leather is very tough and after many wears I have yet to do more than brush my boots a few times with a suede brush - though it didn't necessarily need it:
"They don't need a lot of maintenance or oiling since it is such an oily leather already. Brush out any dirt or particulate with a stiff bristled suede brush and every now and then if they seem a bit dry you can use something like Neatsfoot oil or Obenauf's Leather Oil. Apply it using a cloth or dauber brush and then brush them out with a stiff nylon bristled suede brush. You can use the same oils on the smooth chamois. It is easier to apply and just use a normal horsehair shoe brush for the smooth finish instead of using the suede brush."post #3253 of 104813/6/16 at 2:42ampost #3254 of 104813/6/16 at 5:34ampost #3255 of 104813/6/16 at 6:06am
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 34 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 54 seconds ago
- › Styleforum's "Just what Santa should have brought" Viberg GMTO... 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 7 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 16 minutes ago
- › Carmina Inca 7.5Uk Burgundy - FINAL PRICE DROP $225.00 with shipping 16 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 19 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway