Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- brandAldentagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Indy Boot 403 Brown Chromexceltagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16More
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- topicSizingtagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
Related Forum Threads
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/16 at 11:06am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 4/17/16 at 2:48pm in Classic Menswear
- Alden Black Shell Cordovan Penny Loafer Full Strap Aberdeen Single Leather 12D Last post on 7/19/15 at 2:40pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Alden Modified Last: If You Wear, or are Interested, Please Read Last post on 9/18/16 at 2:38pm in Classic Menswear
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 193post #2881 of 94062/24/16 at 3:32pmpost #2882 of 94062/24/16 at 3:52pmQuote:Originally Posted by WhirlingQuote:Originally Posted by gsgleason
I had initially tried my barrie sizing for trubalance. I'm 12D Brannock, 11.5D in Barrie boots in shell.
The 11.5D Trubalance was just too sloppy. The Trubalance is a WIDE last.
I had tried an 11.5C, but with my wide toes, I was getting rubbing, and I settled on a 12C.
So, for me, I found TTS in length, but a width down, fit me the best.
I came across some 12B barrie shoes that fit nicely. If I ever see some trubalance 12B on the seconds list, I will grab them.
Thank you very much!
I am reasonably certain 9.5 is the right length...now you are making me wonder whether I should try a B width instead of a C width. I tnd to prefer thin socks, even with work boots such as the Indy because my feet tend to run hot and sweaty.
Order from somewhere that has good easy returns, like TSM. If I were you I'd try the B just to see how it fits. The CXL version is going to stretch more than the others.post #2883 of 94062/24/16 at 5:11pmpost #2884 of 94062/24/16 at 5:34pmpost #2885 of 94062/24/16 at 5:48pmQuote:
Great minds think alike...
I actually called TSM today and they confirmed that Alden could immediately ship me some 405s in 9.5B. I already have the 403s, so could use something slightly different. In fact, according to the TSM website, only the 405s are available in in B width; black and CXL are available in C width.
I am glad you mentioned "good easy returns" because I hate getting stuck with poorly-fitting footwear. If I go for the 9.5B 405s and they work well, I might try to unload my very lightly worn 403s in 9.5D, but I must admit I have never, ever sold anything over the Internet.post #2886 of 94062/24/16 at 6:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster
(a) lined is definitely more snug (narrower) bc the fit is supposed to be a bit different no lining.
(b) I swear my non-shell make-ups are slightly bigger/looser than my shell make-ups of the same last and model. (LWB)
(c) should be the same but the J Crew PCT boot is slightly more snug than other shell boots on barrie that I own
(d) I haven't noticed too big a difference
Some may say differently here, but that's my two cents...Quote:Originally Posted by kelpqq
I happened to have the J Crew Waxed LWBs for a while, IMO, they were dark at first but really lightens up towards to yellow side which was too casual for me. I would go for the 979s because the color is slightly richer or the wingtip boot.
I found my J Crew PCT fit more towards TTS, I wear 9D in PCT and 8.5D in the calf LWBsQuote:Originally Posted by hkp2k
I recently purchased the 979's and initially had the same question about the difference between the "waxed" and the "burnished tan" and I am not sure that there is any difference at all. If you look at the other Alden offerings from J.Crew, they have other shoes listed as the color "tobacco" (same as the "waxed" longwings) that are also listed as "burnished tan" in the description. For what it is worth, I love the burnished tan longwings and would recommend you buy from the Shoe Mart as they have excellent customer service. My size was out of stock, but came in a few days directly from Alden.
Thank you, gentlemen. I think I'll go for a 7.5D for the wingtip boot in burnished calf. Hope it fits the same as the unlined shell dover.post #2887 of 94062/24/16 at 6:43pmpost #2888 of 94062/24/16 at 6:50pmQuote:Originally Posted by zennypoo
Wow, small world!
Grant is somewhat of a tweener, some people wear it same size as Barrie, some go tts. I think instep wise it's just as roomy as the Barrie last, however the toe box is slightly narrower. Feel free to PM me on here and maybe we can work something out off eBay.
I just noticed your name too by the way, cool!
Ok, sent you a PM :)post #2889 of 94062/24/16 at 11:37pmpost #2890 of 94062/25/16 at 12:45ampost #2891 of 94062/25/16 at 6:48ampost #2892 of 94062/25/16 at 7:17ampost #2893 of 94062/25/16 at 7:38ampost #2894 of 94062/25/16 at 7:50ampost #2895 of 94062/25/16 at 7:55amQuote:
Yeah that would be an unreal casual boot, contrast toe stitch and brass eyelets and hooks for maximum pop
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 11 minutes ago
- › Thrifted Hermes Tie - Was this widened? How to restore to original... 15 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 29 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 30 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 35 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 38 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 44 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 50 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 53 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...