THIS. Basically the unionmade mccopin boot with a proper sole. It could even be brass eyes/hooks whatever.. Would love to see this boot made.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- brandAldentagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Indy Boot 403 Brown Chromexceltagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16More
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- topicSizingtagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
Related Forum Threads
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/16 at 11:06am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 11/4/16 at 11:41am in Classic Menswear
- Alden Black Shell Cordovan Penny Loafer Full Strap Aberdeen Single Leather 12D Last post on 7/19/15 at 2:40pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Alden Modified Last: If You Wear, or are Interested, Please Read Last post on 11/20/16 at 5:42am in Classic Menswear
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 192post #2867 of 106082/24/16 at 11:45ampost #2868 of 106082/24/16 at 12:10pmpost #2869 of 106082/24/16 at 12:13pmpost #2870 of 106082/24/16 at 12:33pmpost #2871 of 106082/24/16 at 12:52pmQuote:Originally Posted by gsgleason
I had initially tried my barrie sizing for trubalance. I'm 12D Brannock, 11.5D in Barrie boots in shell.
The 11.5D Trubalance was just too sloppy. The Trubalance is a WIDE last.
I had tried an 11.5C, but with my wide toes, I was getting rubbing, and I settled on a 12C.
So, for me, I found TTS in length, but a width down, fit me the best.
I came across some 12B barrie shoes that fit nicely. If I ever see some trubalance 12B on the seconds list, I will grab them.
Thank you very much!
I am reasonably certain 9.5 is the right length...now you are making me wonder whether I should try a B width instead of a C width. I tnd to prefer thin socks, even with work boots such as the Indy because my feet tend to run hot and sweaty.post #2872 of 106082/24/16 at 1:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by EP Sam
We've got a quick update on the TO Tie Guy boot. @EP Dylan
just heard back from Alden and we're expecting them to land within the next few weeks We're really psyched to see how they make up!
As always, let us know if there any any makeups you'd be interested in having us run. We have been absolutely swamped since the holidays but we're finally digging out and will be more present on this thread going forward
@BenLeamanpost #2873 of 106082/24/16 at 1:46pmpost #2874 of 106082/24/16 at 1:56pmpost #2875 of 106082/24/16 at 1:59pmpost #2876 of 106082/24/16 at 1:59pmpost #2877 of 106082/24/16 at 1:59pmpost #2878 of 106082/24/16 at 2:48pmpost #2879 of 106082/24/16 at 3:24pmpost #2880 of 106082/24/16 at 3:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by Fawkes007
So, as kind of a newbie to the Alden world, can anyone shed some light on how one might go about procuring the alternative (ravello, whiskey, cigar) shell colors (other than the used market)? And is it possible to procure such unicorns in a B width? Is there a secret handshake?
I have had a lot of luck reading this thread and catching clues when there are available unicorns at the usual retailers. Then there is ebay, SF, grailed grey market. And then you have to move fast, buy first, think later... Good luck!
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?
- › *Official*! Trump's Reelection Campaign 1 minute ago
- › I need feminism because tumblr 1 minute ago
- › The Possibly Official Engineered Garments Trading Thread 1 minute ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 3 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 3 minutes ago
- › Official Wedding Attire Question/Answer/Picture Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 4 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway