or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 177

post #2641 of 10683
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeinabox View Post

the writing was also in an email that went out earlier in the week.

i don't know, maybe i should go over there and get a signed and notarized letter before requesting mdubs take J Gilbert off the retailer list on the front page?
post #2642 of 10683
Quote:
Originally Posted by 100 yrs View Post


i don't know, maybe i should go over there and get a signed and notarized letter before requesting mdubs take J Gilbert off the retailer list on the front page?

 

do it.

post #2643 of 10683
Has anyone posted pix of yet of those Citishoes Tankers?
post #2644 of 10683
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazon View Post

Has anyone posted pix of yet of those Citishoes Tankers?


The only one I have seen is from their IG account and it was horribly oversaturated.

post #2645 of 10683

Speaking of J.Gilbert, a fresh arrival from Yenni at Brick & Mortar today - Color 8 Indy on Commando from J.Gilbert's final run.

 

 

More photos... (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

post #2646 of 10683
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post

Looking at some old order emails from TSM, calfskin Indys were $315 in early 2008.
In Nov 2009, cigar LWBs were $650.
Feb 2011, Whiskey PTBs were $632
May 2013, Whiskey LHS were $704

that's actually a pretty modest increase
post #2647 of 10683
Quote:
Originally Posted by makewayhomer View Post

that's actually a pretty modest increase

For shell yes, for calf not so much. We're pretty much at $600 for calf boots, so that's an almost 100% increase in 8 years, which is nuts. Reminds me of Rolex
post #2648 of 10683

Decided to reach past the shell today for some calf.  

Brown straight tips on Plaza.  The fit in calf is always a tad snugger than shell.

post #2649 of 10683
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazon View Post

Has anyone posted pix of yet of those Citishoes Tankers?


Haven't seen any.  Visited the store last week, sadly they didn't have my size.

The boot was superb!  On the list for the next round.

post #2650 of 10683
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadbuff View Post

For shell yes, for calf not so much. We're pretty much at $600 for calf boots, so that's an almost 100% increase in 8 years, which is nuts. Reminds me of Rolex

hrrm yes agree
post #2651 of 10683
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadbuff View Post


For shell yes, for calf not so much. We're pretty much at $600 for calf boots, so that's an almost 100% increase in 8 years, which is nuts. Reminds me of Rolex

 

Although I buy them sometimes, I believe Alden calf shoes are a pretty darn bad value.  For some reason, all other shoe makers have a significant price difference from calf to shell (think AE, C&J).  But for Alden the price difference is almost not enough to not get shell.

post #2652 of 10683
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosy View Post

Although I buy them sometimes, I believe Alden calf shoes are a pretty darn bad value.  For some reason, all other shoe makers have a significant price difference from calf to shell (think AE, C&J).  But for Alden the price difference is almost not enough to not get shell.

agree…just go for the shell !
post #2653 of 10683
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilby View Post

Decided to reach past the shell today for some calf.  
Brown straight tips on Plaza.  The fit in calf is always a tad snugger than shell.



Love these
post #2654 of 10683
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazon View Post


agree…just go for the shell !

 

i agree as well....but the point was that alden calf is way overpriced.  the question is, why are we being ripped off by alden?

post #2655 of 10683
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosy View Post
 

 

i agree as well....but the point was that alden calf is way overpriced.  the question is, why are we being ripped off by alden?

Cause we continue to buy them.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.