So I paid the remainder on The B+M Reverse chamois WT boot today. Sweet infant baby Jesus permitting, I will have them, and i quote, " Any day now."
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- brandAldentagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Indy Boot 403 Brown Chromexceltagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16More
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- topicSizingtagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
Related Forum Threads
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/16 at 11:06am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 11/4/16 at 11:41am in Classic Menswear
- Alden Black Shell Cordovan Penny Loafer Full Strap Aberdeen Single Leather 12D Last post on 7/19/15 at 2:40pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Alden Modified Last: If You Wear, or are Interested, Please Read Last post on 11/20/16 at 5:42am in Classic Menswear
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 173post #2581 of 106692/17/16 at 8:42ampost #2582 of 106692/17/16 at 8:59ampost #2583 of 106692/17/16 at 9:02ampost #2584 of 106692/17/16 at 9:12ampost #2585 of 106692/17/16 at 9:22ampost #2586 of 106692/17/16 at 9:52ampost #2587 of 106692/17/16 at 10:22amQuote:
Also TRUE. 9.5 3E Color8 Indys from TSM took 16 weeks from the order to when I received them. I remember thinking " Wow, if Shell only took four months then I'll have my Reverse Chamois waaaay sooner than winter 2016 for sure!" Nope.post #2588 of 106692/17/16 at 10:22amI think in both B&M and EP's defense these orders weren't confirmed when they did the preorder. They took sizes. Then submitted the order, probably took 4 months to get it confirmed, then maybe 6 months production. Leffot will get an order confirmed with a standard run of sizes, then open those up for preorders. Why it only takes 4-6 months from them.
Thats the way in interpret it anyways.post #2589 of 106692/17/16 at 10:25amQuote:Originally Posted by csmitty
I think in both B&M and EP's defense these orders weren't confirmed when they did the preorder. They took sizes. Then submitted the order, probably took 4 months to get it confirmed, then maybe 6 months production. Leffot will get an order confirmed with a standard run of sizes, then open those up for preorders. Why it only takes 4-6 months from them.
Thats the way in interpret it anyways.
Good point. The elusive "Confirmation." I hear that after Ravello,Whiskey and Cigar, "Confirmation" is the next hardest to get.post #2590 of 106692/17/16 at 10:32ampost #2591 of 106692/17/16 at 10:40ampost #2592 of 106692/17/16 at 10:47ampost #2593 of 106692/17/16 at 11:14ampost #2594 of 106692/17/16 at 11:52am
been reading this forum on and off for years, have not posted. I have three pair of Alden shoes. A pair of burgundy penny loafers with (gasp) gum rubber soles, 10+ years old, resoled twice, battered. Foul weather shoes at this point. Second pair are shell cordovan color 8 plain toe bluchers (990), about 5 years old. Latest are a pair of handsewn penny loafers, color 8 shell cordovan (986), new in November (earned a nice bonus at work this year).
a couple of observations about fitting:
-i wear shoes with a low-profile custom orthotic; i have virtually no arch. They have worked fine with all three alden shoes with different adjustments. With the burgundy loafers, removed the liner in the inside (footbed) and put a pad under the tongue. orthotics add some volume, and my heels felt too high in the shoes. The adjustments helped keep my foot seated. the bluchers fit well with orthotics without adjustments; that is the best type of shoe for my feet. The new cordovan loafers, we removed the liner in the footbed but did not need the pad under the tongue.
-anyone who owns shell cordovan shoes knows this, but the leather behaves a little differently than some other types. It is thicker and more firm than typical calfskin. At the outset, shell cordovan shoes that are the correct size may seem a little bit tight or uncomfortable as a result. However, the leather upper stretches or 'gives' a bit as you wear them, and they also start forming to your feet. Patience is a virtue with these shoes. The last pair of loafers, in particular, felt a little too tight at the beginning, to the point where i wondered if i should have purchased them in wide (my feet are borderline, d/e width). In retrospect, that would have been a mistake. I'm wearing them now, and they feel great.
-i use very small amounts of Saphir Pate de Luxe on the cordovan shoes, which don't need much polish. wiping them with a damp cloth is often enough.
-can't say enough about Sky Valet in Washington, DC. We have an Alden store in DC, which I have never visited. Sky is a small place with a great selection of shoes, great at fitting them, outstanding at resoles (ask for the high quality Horween soles. well worth the extra cost).post #2595 of 106692/17/16 at 11:53am
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?
- › Best selvedge jeans 1 minute ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Academia, Democrats, and Thoughtcrime 3 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE! 6 minutes ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 8 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 10 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 11 minutes ago
- › The DETAILS AND MICRO ISSUES OF A TRUMP PRESIDENCY Official Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...