Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- brandAldentagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Indy Boot 403 Brown Chromexceltagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16More
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- topicSizingtagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
Related Forum Threads
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/16 at 11:06am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 4/17/16 at 2:48pm in Classic Menswear
- Alden Black Shell Cordovan Penny Loafer Full Strap Aberdeen Single Leather 12D Last post on 7/19/15 at 2:40pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Alden Modified Last: If You Wear, or are Interested, Please Read Last post on 9/18/16 at 2:38pm in Classic Menswear
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 168post #2507 of 94682/15/16 at 8:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster
Not my auction, but I thought some here may be interested. Snuff suede LWB for $350 BNIB, con't beat it... (one of my favorites)
Thanks, bagged them - look good and hopefully fit ok as I'm a 9.5E in Shell 8 LWB. Too good a price not to try!post #2508 of 94682/15/16 at 8:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by schmallo15
This is just out of control:
You mean the $1400 for a #8 Shell Longwing shoedoesn't bother you...LOL....I would pair for the suede tanker before the shoe from the seller.post #2509 of 94682/15/16 at 8:09pmpost #2510 of 94682/15/16 at 8:14pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by schmallo15
This is just out of control:
The description looks like XML and JSON got married.
But in all seriousness, kind of crazy unless targeting demographics with big tariffs or something? Grasping at straws here.
-Mpost #2511 of 94682/15/16 at 8:16pmQuote:
Hahah. I hadn't bothered to click for his other listings. I was floored by the 950 for used choco suede tankers. 1400 for Color 8 longwings is just obscene.post #2512 of 94682/15/16 at 8:29pmpost #2513 of 94682/15/16 at 8:29pmpost #2514 of 94682/15/16 at 9:29pmQuote:
Oh come on, the new color 8 is most certainly at least light black.post #2515 of 94682/15/16 at 9:29pmpost #2516 of 94682/15/16 at 9:35pmI hope this isn't going to offend anyone, if it does then please try to ignore me. What I'm posting below isn't strictly Alden (but is Alden-esque and pretty darn amazing).
I've been trying to get a C&J GMTO going for quite a while now, the Dundee medallion punch captoe boot in dark brown cordovan. It's beginning to get some interest now and we have 9 potential buyers. If anyone is keen to join please have a look at the thread (link below) and PM me with any questions.
C&J Dark Brown Cordovan Dundee Boot GMTO
-Edpost #2517 of 94682/16/16 at 1:15am
good god! thanks everyone who helped me out with the water staining issue!
it took me more than 9 hourse from the sunrise until the afternoon to sort everything out, but after a few times repeating the watering and drying process, that obnoxious water stain is now barely visible!
okay, so now i got 986 and 563 in my closet, the next stop would be 990 and 975. probably going to buy either the shell PT boots, NST boots or indy boots in the future but i'm still not completely sold. but now i've seen the straight cap toe pic in this thread, i'm starting to consider it too...
and speaking of the new shell cordovan supply. i've had a friend who visited a japanese tradeshow in the fall last year and the words were horween managed to obtain their raw shell cordovan from a japanese tannery. not the finished product, though. just the raw shell (probably because there's less PETA activist in the far east)
which if i recall correctly from ron rider's experiment with japanese shell cordovan which turns out to be more susceptible to liquid substance than american shell cordovan, should have something to do with the darker #8 colour of current horween's offering.
in my logic, if the shell is more susceptible to water, then it will be easier for the dye to penetrate the leather, and thus creating a darker shade of dark burgundy.
of course, that is just my speculation, so please correct me if i'm wrong.post #2518 of 94682/16/16 at 2:44amQuote:Always makes you nervous when the packaging is poor, doesn't it? Seems like they survived the trip with no harm, though?Originally Posted by kwhitelaw
Interesting. Might explain why I never got a response asking what they might have in stock in my size..
Also might explain the fairly poor shipping/packaging for these that came today.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Mine arrived at my mother-in-law's yesterday, apparently. Haven't seen them yet, keeping my fingers crossed there's nothing wrong with them. It will probably be another 10 months before I can actually put them on my feet. Sometimes the United States of America seems extra far away.post #2519 of 94682/16/16 at 5:04amQuote:
Have they arrived for sure or are they just expected soon???
I haven't heard from her at all. That's not a good sign. Alden probably didn't send my size, or sent a defective model.post #2520 of 94682/16/16 at 5:08amQuote:
She's expecting them to ship from Alden to her soon. She is just beginning to close out preorders in preparation.
Don't worry bud! There are others who haven't heard from her yet. You can always shoot her an email and save her the time looking for you
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Cesare Attolini gray wool pants EU50 - staple in mint condition 4 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 5 minutes ago
- › Any One for a Scotch? 6 minutes ago
- › Yellow Hook Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 6 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 8 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 8 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...